JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
yay for Betsy Johnson for actually answering an email. She is going to ask the Legislative Counsel about the C&R and 941. I had a patient recently who is a retired state legislator who is going to ask some of his old contacts to look into this as well

- OSP is 0/12 for calling me back. They are about 50% for even knowing what a C&R is when I call.
- Attorney General is 0/10 for replies. The one staffer who did reply at the office 2 months ago was fired without getting back to me so Im not counting that. I told madam attorney general that I will be donating to her opposition since she is running for election next year. (not re-election, since she never was elected).
- my senator Hayward is not replying to my questions
- my rep Helm has never responded to anything I've ever asked.
- Second ATF agent in Oregon said not to use the C&R

/incoming sarcasm
I just so proud of my state government. o_O

Nice work staying on them. I sent numerous requests earlier this year to my legislators and received the same thing - no responses.

I am ever so tempted to make an online C&R purchase from out of state just to see if anything would even happen. Honestly, how would they even know, unless you told them? No BGC, no FFL involved outside of you and the seller (who is in another state). I really am tempted, just can't quite get past that little bit of concern for getting nailed somehow.

I just did a cursory check of some C&R sites: AIM Surplus - their website still doesn't list any restrictions or exemptions for Oregon - other states, yes, but not Oregon. Southern Ohio Gun - couldn't find any restrictions listed. J&G Sales - couldn't find any restrictions. Couldn't find any on Classic Firearms either.

Nice work staying on them. I sent numerous requests earlier this year to my legislators and received the same thing - no responses.

I am ever so tempted to make an online C&R purchase from out of state just to see if anything would even happen. Honestly, how would they even know, unless you told them? No BGC, no FFL involved outside of you and the seller (who is in another state). I really am tempted, just can't quite get past that little bit of concern for getting nailed somehow.

I just did a cursory check of some C&R sites: AIM Surplus - their website still doesn't list any restrictions or exemptions for Oregon - other states, yes, but not Oregon. Southern Ohio Gun - couldn't find any restrictions listed. J&G Sales - couldn't find any restrictions. Couldn't find any on Classic Firearms either.

Nothing will happen. It is still legal for them to mail it to you according to the ATF. but once it reaches your house, you havent done a background check and you are recording your purchase and date in the bound book. So its just an extra charge to add on if the police are in your house for any reason

Nothing will happen. It is still legal for them to mail it to you according to the ATF. but once it reaches your house, you havent done a background check and you are recording your purchase and date in the bound book. So its just an extra charge to add on if the police are in your house for any reason

That actually brings up an interesting point - do any LE agencies, other than the BATF, have the right/authority to review your bound book? I thought that was BATF only - but I could be wrong. If LE can review it, under what circumstances are they allowed? I know the BATF has the right to request to see your book, but really, does anyone else?

That actually brings up an interesting point - do any LE agencies, other than the BATF, have the right/authority to review your bound book? I thought that was BATF only - but I could be wrong. If LE can review it, under what circumstances are they allowed? I know the BATF has the right to request to see your book, but really, does anyone else?

No, I dont think you would legally have to turn it over unless they have a warrant.

Just the pessimist in me thinking that something like this will happen
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2015/nov/12/dan-bilzerian-los-angeles-cops-took-guns-without-w/

has break in, cops take his guns without warrant, takes months to get them back. If the cops are going to illegally remove guns why wouldnt they also not stick him with charges if they found a bound book.

No, I dont think you would legally have to turn it over unless they have a warrant.

Just the pessimist in me thinking that something like this will happen
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2015/nov/12/dan-bilzerian-los-angeles-cops-took-guns-without-w/

has break in, cops take his guns without warrant, takes months to get them back. If the cops are going to illegally remove guns why wouldnt they also not stick him with charges if they found a bound book.

And that right there is what holds me back. Dirty tactics from the anti's turning a criminal event perpetrated on me, in my home, into an assault on my personal rights. Sneaky rotten ba$tards the lot of them.

So my FFL03 is up for renewal. And I've been going back and forth on if I should renew it or not. Especially with SB941, I've found it close to useless (not that I had a chance to use it before SB941).

So, reluctantly, I'm not going to renew. I'm hoping (wishfully) that one of these sessions we might be able to get it reinstated. But until then, I won't have one.

So my FFL03 is up for renewal. And I've been going back and forth on if I should renew it or not. Especially with SB941, I've found it close to useless (not that I had a chance to use it before SB941).

So, reluctantly, I'm not going to renew. I'm hoping (wishfully) that one of these sessions we might be able to get it reinstated. But until then, I won't have one.

Im not renewing. I did a couple of purchases and did not use it this year. The dealer savings at Brownells brings the cost down to about what I can find other places so it is not that great.

So I read the text of ORS 166.435. It is a misdemeanor for a non licensed transferor to not go through a licensed dealer to do a background check and sale. The penalty appears to be on the transferor. I did not see anything about the penalty applying to the transferee.

So my question is this. If a C & R holder in Oregon purchases a C & R firearm from a licensed dealer in another state, what penalty could be applied? The penalty only applies to non licensed transferors.

The State of Oregon and Washington cannot force another state to recognize their laws. If I use my C&R FFL in another state to purchase a C&R eligible handgun please tell me what law I have broken. The laws of the state I am from stop at the border.

So everybody go to Idaho to transfer your C&R guns. But I think there is a residency clause somewhere. I reluctantly let mine expire because there is no way I could afford litigation if I decided to use it and got arrested and it was waste of money to have a worthless piece of paper. I wish I could afford to move to more gun friendly states where it would be valid.

Theres no residency clause. You have a C&R FFL and a dealer or individual can transfer to you directly in another state as long as the gun is C&R eligible. You just can't legally have guns sent to you in Washington state although even that is open to discussion until there is pertinent case law backing it up.

I am but I dont live in Washington any more. When I did I had several transferred directly to me while I was a resident of Washington. Bite me Washington.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top