JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Folks
Somebody asked "What are Gun Clubs, NRA, OFF, etc" doing about SB-941?
The answer is "clubs don't vote", Individual citizens write their representatives, demonstrate, vote.
DRRC sent it's Public Affairs Director "Bill" to the hearing.
Here is his report:
SB941-2015-04-01 page 1 of 4 reduced.jpg SB941-2015-04-01 page 2 of 4 reduced.jpg SB941-2015-04-01 page 3 of 4 reduced.jpg SB941-2015-04-01 page 4 of 4 reduced.jpg
Washington I-594 passed because Washington gun owners didn't vote.
What will the Oregon gun owner do?

SB941-2015-04-01 page 1 of 4 reduced.jpg

SB941-2015-04-01 page 2 of 4 reduced.jpg

SB941-2015-04-01 page 3 of 4 reduced.jpg

SB941-2015-04-01 page 4 of 4 reduced.jpg

Great to read his report. Did they email this report to members? If so, I didn't receive it, though I did receive the email alert from them a few days ago. I'm glad to see his point of view and glad to hear there was some good opposition. Hopefully Kim Thatcher's proposed amendment will help throw a wrench into the works. It's clear that folks like Prozanski have already made up their minds and are only doing a hearing for show. We need to shut them down, they are way, way out of control and simply drunk on the power they can wield over the average person. And honestly, it extends beyond the 2A issues, they are out of control in a lot of areas.

Thanks for sharing this.

So Floyd believes this is an emergency? There is a reason for that, and it is best stated as "sin is in a hurry because it knows it is wrong"

So Floyd believes this is an emergency? There is a reason for that, and it is best stated as "sin is in a hurry because it knows it is wrong"

Less an emergency in terms of time, the declaration of 'emergency' helps protect the bill from being reversed by the voters after it's passed. It's sneaky, crappy and downright bullsh!t and they know it. They keep claiming the public is 'demanding' this and that the polls show the 'majority' of Oregonians want this, yet they fear putting it to a public vote. They know it would be an uphill battle as nowhere near 90% of the voters would be for it. They saw that Kitz almost lost this last election. As worked up as people are about this bill and what Kitz did to the state, they know any vote right now would probably go against them.

Are you saying because since they declared this an emergency voters can't get this on a ballot and vote on it? I did not know that. If that's the case I'm more pissed today than yesterday. They really are POS's!

Less an emergency in terms of time, the declaration of 'emergency' helps protect the bill from being reversed by the voters after it's passed. It's sneaky, crappy and downright bullsh!t and they know it. They keep claiming the public is 'demanding' this and that the polls show the 'majority' of Oregonians want this, yet they fear putting it to a public vote. They know it would be an uphill battle as nowhere near 90% of the voters would be for it. They saw that Kitz almost lost this last election. As worked up as people are about this bill and what Kitz did to the state, they know any vote right now would probably go against them.

Are you saying because since they declared this an emergency voters can't get this on a ballot and vote on it? I did not know that. If that's the case I'm more pissed today than yesterday. They really are POS's!

Yes, that's what I'm saying. It's been confirmed as such in several threads on this forum. And yes, many are pissed about that. :mad:

Great to read his report. Did they email this report to members? If so, I didn't receive it, though I did receive the email alert from them a few days ago. I'm glad to see his point of view and glad to hear there was some good opposition. Hopefully Kim Thatcher's proposed amendment will help throw a wrench into the works. It's clear that folks like Prozanski have already made up their minds and are only doing a hearing for show. We need to shut them down, they are way, way out of control and simply drunk on the power they can wield over the average person. And honestly, it extends beyond the 2A issues, they are out of control in a lot of areas. Thanks for sharing this.
Hearing was Wednesday (yesterday)
Bill sent his report to Club Prez
Club Prez let me read and copy it at Thursday last nite's Club General Meeting
I passed out 11 copies at last nite's Club General Meeting.
When I got home from the meeting, I scanned the pages and posted them here.

Club is not for profit.
Club can lose "not for profit" status.
Clubs don't vote.

Citizens can be politically active
Citizens can vote

Washington State now has I-594.
Washington State gun owners waited for someone else somewhere to do something about it.
"Where's the NRA?" "I paid my dues!" "Where's GOA?"

Short version of my post in "Oregon background bill postponed": Enlighten legislators (that is, threaten to sue) about potential primacy of the Federal GCA68 system under the Commerce clause. After all, what firearm has not moved in interstate or foreign commerce?

shhhh2.jpg

Dont waste your time asking that question around here too many NWF members here are feeling insecure that they are lifetime members of the NRA and it makes them feel foolish that they have been duped over a free magazine or cheap cordura gun bag....so they will never get onboard with WHERE IS THE NRA?..........shhhh!

I could but its easy enough to read people positions yourself

isnt the more important question , where is the NRA?
they bugged the crap out of me and many others to join their membership to defeat the attack on the gun laws....now that they have our money.....I dont see any help here
you must be a lifer

Can't disagree with your thoughts on the NRA, however, I am struggling a bit with your abilities as a mind reader.

I'm not a 'lifer' BTW.

I could but its easy enough to read people positions yourself

isnt the more important question , where is the NRA?
they bugged the crap out of me and many others to join their membership to defeat the attack on the gun laws....now that they have our money.....I dont see any help here
you must be a lifer

If you're suggesting the NRA is not involved, I'd like to point out that they are. You may want to review the first post in this thread - they were there, alongside OFF and the Grant County Sheriff addressing the committee on Wednesday. Read page 3 in the attachment above and see for yourself.

I'm a life member, I have no qualms about it. Particularly on a national level, they have done more than any other organization in my opinion to protect our 2A rights. But that argument has been done to death in previous threads, so I'll leave it at that.

ofcourse you are a lifer thats why you dont like my shhh post

Im not suggesting anything about the NRA Im pointing out how little they are doing here and what they didnt do in Washington BUT if your happy with the NRA's support or how little support...you be happy....good on ya

I've had phone calls, email and snail mail from the NRA on SB 941, so they are active on this matter. Unfortunately, the Senate chose to ramrod it thru before the hearing even started. Sounds like county commissioner meetings I've been too. "It's a waste of their time cause they already know what they are going to do". Still plenty of time to write your representatives. It still has to go thru them.

View attachment 224005

Dont waste your time asking that question around here too many NWF members here are feeling insecure that they are lifetime members of the NRA and it makes them feel foolish that they have been duped over a free magazine or cheap cordura gun bag....so they will never get onboard with WHERE IS THE NRA?..........shhhh!

If you want to rant about the NRA then please start your own thread. The NRA was there and testified on our behalf. Were you there?

We have a serious legislative threat and need to keep our attention focused there. Stupid distractions won't help.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top