JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Completely agree Derek! Re-reading my post I could have had a different tone there. I am in full support of what you're doing here and thank you for it; we need more people like you taking positive action on initiatives like this.

Completely agree Derek! Re-reading my post I could have had a different tone there. I am in full support of what you're doing here and thank you for it; we need more people like you taking positive action on initiatives like this.
Your support means a lot. Especially if you have experience working with kids. I need your help.

@LethalLovebird what are the next steps after tomorrow's hearing?

I sent in my written testimony at 1:10pm today. It was after the noon deadline but I received an email at 5pm that said in part:
"It has been received and will be distributed to the committee members, posted online on the Oregon Legislative Information System (OLIS) and included in the public record."

Which Democrat Senators on Edu Committee are most likely to vote for this bill?

I was really disgusted that Ceasefire et. al. prioritized stopping a bill that might remotely be pro-rights over children's safety and possibly saving lives. But I guess this is nothing new for them.

Saw that as well for both Ceasefire/League of Women Voters. Anti-education is what they are. And people need to be reminded of that.

Some of the IP43 petitioners were also against education when a similar gun safety education petition was submitted.

Edit: Paul Kemp (Safe Storage Law advocate) was also against the bill. Seems only his bill, and the nearly non-existent MomsDemand token BESmart program is the best solution, in his mind...

Overall, Great job on the testimony and progress! It seems to be showing up well on social media.

Last Edited:
Saw that as well for both Ceasefire/League of Women Voters. Anti-education is what they are. And people need to be reminded of that.

Some of the IP43 petitioners were also against education when a similar gun safety education petition was submitted.

Edit: Paul Kemp (Safe Storage Law advocate) was also against the bill. Seems only his bill, and the nearly non-existent MomsDemand token BESmart program is the best solution, in his mind...

Overall, Great job on the testimony and progress! It seems to be showing up well on social media.

Paul Kemp is a vindictive POS.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads