JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Sounds like a great bill.... Hopefully kids won't ditch out on it to go to recess.. I'm guessing that was added in to make it easier for parents to swallow?

Great idea regardless, been thinking about it for years.... It's a way to stop demonizing firearms and improve safety that both sides should be on board with. That and first aid experience and tourniquets will make a huge difference. I'm glad someone is working to make it a reality.

Great work being man of action instead of words :s0067:

Sounds like a great bill.... Hopefully kids won't ditch out on it to go to recess.. I'm guessing that was added in to make it easier for parents to swallow?

Great idea regardless, been thinking about it for years.... It's a way to stop demonizing firearms and improve safety that both sides should be on board with. That and first aid experience and tourniquets will make a huge difference. I'm glad someone is working to make it a reality.

Great work being man of action instead of words :s0067:
I appreciate your support!!

Here's the really important thing: For the first time we are on the offensive. *WE* have a bill in the system that will promote the interests of gun owners. This is just the beginning. This is a learning exercise. Once we know how to do this we can push other pro-gun, anti-stupidity legislation. We need to get strongly behind this effort. This is not an amateur effort. A lot of behind the scenes work has been done to make sure our ducks are all in a row. We can do this.

Here's the really important thing: For the first time we are on the offensive. *WE* have a bill in the system that will promote the interests of gun owners. This is just the beginning. This is a learning exercise. Once we know how to do this we can push other pro-gun, anti-stupidity legislation. We need to get strongly behind this effort. This is not an amateur effort. A lot of behind the scenes work has been done to make sure our ducks are all in a row. We can do this.
Of the people, for the people, by the pe
Great work Derek. Good luck.
thank you so much for your support!!

View attachment 550323 Hello everyone,
I wanted to give you all a quick update. LC3454 has received a official Bill # and was just read on the floor of the senate here in Oregon, today. It is now on the desk of the president of the senate, it's waiting to be assigned to a committee. This is a huge step for the kids of Oregon. In my career in kids firearm safety I've educated nearly 15k kids in WA, OR, and Northern CA. You can get signed up for email alerts to help us continue to move forward. Thank you. ZERO firearm accidents is the only acceptable goal!!

SB801 2019 Regular Session - Oregon Legislative Information System

https://olis.leg.state.or.us/liz/2019R1/Downloads/MeasureDocument/SB801/Introduced

This is excellent news. I wonder if this training should be repeated every few years so they don't forget it? In industry, adults are encouraged to be safe on a daily basis with safety training, and it seems to help make the workplace safer.

This is excellent news. I wonder if this training should be repeated every few years so they don't forget it? In industry, adults are encouraged to be safe on a daily basis with safety training, and it seems to help make the workplace safer.
That would be the plan. If we could establish the program in the first grade, then be successful. We will transition to the 4th grade, then the 7th, then high school. We very easily could see rifle teams back in high school if done properly.

That would be the plan. If we could establish the program in the first grade, then be successful. We will transition to the 4th grade, then the 7th, then high school. We very easily could see rifle teams back in high school if done properly.
I wish there was a rifle team when I went to school!

Now if Portland Public Schools would drop their political bias and let these children be taught basic firearms safety it would help reduce the accidental shootings at the least. But alas, PPS won't have anything to do with these classes. PPS refuses to consider no-cost programs like Eddie Eagle Safety Classes and no-cost Safe Schools consulting ... because they are sponsored by the NRA. PPS policy seems to be politics over children's lives at times.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top