JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Unless I'm missing something about domestic partners or same sex partners.
Are they assuming Gays don't have firearms to pass on or don't they trust them without background checks including mental evaluation!! They are homophobic biggots or a bit stupid. Just another example of a rush to restrict guns without doing due dilligence on the Bills they create.

SB 700

This bill outlaws most private transfers. The original bill exempts "immediate family" without defining the term. The "gut and stuff" amended version allows transfers between:

"(A) The person's spouse;

"(B) The person's parent;

"(C) The person's child;

"(D) The person's sibling;

"(E) The person's grandparent;

"(F) The person's grandchild; or

"(G) The spouse of a person specified in subparagraphs (B) to (F)

of this paragraph.

The amended version defines transfer as "the sale, gift or lease of a firearm."

Well, it is anti-civil union at the very least. Though, not sure if someone with a civil union can legal use the label of 'spouse.' Though the supreme court may be deciding this question right now.

Interesting catch though.

Senate Bill 796 – Requires that an individual applying for a Concealed Handgun License must first "pass" a comprehensive firing range test.

This one coud be anti-elderly or anti-disabled. Motor skills and eyesight diminish with age and firing while wheelchair bound or limited use of hands? This could slow a person down if timed.

So that one may violate the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.

So far we have two 'liberal agenda' items being broken by these anti-gun measures. Interesting.

So that one may violate the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.

So far we have two 'liberal agenda' items being broken by these anti-gun measures. Interesting.

No, they're making it SAFER for the elderly and disabled by keeping guns out of the hands of law abiding citizens. Or something like that.

Let's not lose sight of the real purpose behind SB700. "Computer glitches" will become common so that sales between individuals cannot take place. Then there is the issue or registration. Notice that the language is now "must retain" gun and purchaser information by the State Police.

UBC is only the tip of the iceberg on this one.

So, is there any funding associated with SB 700? Just from a financial impact how will we even pay for this bill? If, as they say, 60% of all gun purchases are done person to person, how will the current system even scale to take the increased volume required to process these background checks?

So, is there any funding associated with SB 700? Just from a financial impact how will we even pay for this bill? If, as they say, 60% of all gun purchases are done person to person, how will the current system even scale to take the increased volume required to process these background checks?

The person performing the check will pay for it and pass the cost on to the purchaser.

Lol I had to laugh. Good point. They would probably be tripping over each other to be the first to add the language or they won't be showing themselves as "evolved". Fight them with their own weapons till the cracks make them fall apart.

When it comes to gun rights I'm with them 100%. And It's the idiots in Salem I was sarcasticly calling homophobic. Of course they omitted gays from family tranfers because they rushed this bill through. I wish our gun owning gays would get ticked off enough to protest because the libs listen to them!

Pink Pistols National Condemns tacit "Denying Gun Rights To Gays Act", S. 374.

Submitted by admin on Wed, 03/13/2013 - 10:52

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Pink Pistols National Condemns tacit "Denying Gun Rights To Gays Act", S. 374.

Philadelphia, PA (PP National), Philadelphia, PA. Upon reading certain key phrases in the Senate's bill S. 374, entitled in short the ‘‘Fix Gun Checks Act of 2013'', Pink Pistols National finds that this bill would function to deny members of the sexual-minority community their natural right to keep and bear arms in an unjust and unconstitutional fashion. "The United States Government," says First Speaker Gwendolyn S. Patton, "continues to deny married members of the GLBT community via the Defense of Marriage Act. Regardless of the fact that President Obama has instructed the Justice Department not to enforce DOMA directly, indirectly, this law will prevent GLBT persons from protections enjoyed by Federally-recognized spouses."

In S.374, certain language would treat the absence of a gun-owning gay or lesbian person's partner for a period greater than seven days as a transfer of firearms left behind in the home. As this "transfer" is not done by a Federal Firearms Licensee with a proper background check, it would be considered to be an unlawful transfer, converting the law-abiding gay persons into instant felons. Spouses, however, are exempt from this automatic felony, since one spouse can lend or give a firearm to another without a background check. But under DOMA, the Federal government does not recognize GLBT persons legally married under State laws as spouses, therefore would still be considered illegal transferees under S.374.

The Pink Pistols filed an amicus brief in the SCOTUS case of DC v. Heller back in 2008. A key point of that brief regarded the inability at that time, for GLBT persons to serve openly in the military. The point was that, if the right to bear arms was solely the purview of a government-run militia, military service, the restriction against GLBT persons in the military would effectively deny GLBT persons their Constitutional rights. Pink Pistols National feels that the similar restrictions based upon marital status, due to DOMA blocking recognition of State-level GLBT marriages, is an unconstitutional restriction of the rights of free citizens, and exemplar of the lack of equal treatment under the law for persons in sexual minorities.

"DOMA must go," says Patton. "That is undeniable. It is not the business of the Federal government to be dictating who may and may not marry, much less what actually constitutes a marriage. But neither is this background-check law a good idea. It is little more than a scheme to convert law-abiding citizens into criminals for the purpose of confiscating their guns and destroying their rights. S.374 should be defeated soundly for the tyranny it represents."

Pink Pistols National condemns S.374 and urges all persons of conscience to contact their Senators and discuss this important issue. We ask our members to act as their consciences dictate with regard to speaking with those who represent them in the Federal government.

The Pink Pistols is the largest organization in the world dedicated to the idea of lawful, armed self-defense of the sexual minority community.

Pink Pistols National
Gwendolyn S. Patton, First Speaker
[email protected]
Pink Pistols National | Pick On Someone Your Own Caliber

-30-
Pennsylvania's Gays with Guns - YouTube

Double Entendres and the Second Amendment | Queer | Portland Mercury

O.K. Why aren't these people in the news and protesting against their liberal buddies in Salem? As I've said before gun rights Know no party affiliation and trump all other social issues. These people have CLOUT with the Burdicks and the like. Why are they "in the closet" on this one?

Feel free to use this as a headline any pro-gun newsmen reading this post! Why are gays in the closet on gun rights?

Double Entendres and the Second Amendment | Queer | Portland Mercury

O.K. Why aren't these people in the news and protesting against their liberal buddies in Salem? As I've said before gun rights Know no party affiliation and trump all other social issues. These people have CLOUT with the Burdicks and the like. Why are they "in the closet" on this one?

Feel free to use this as a headline any pro-gun newsmen reading this post! Why are gays in the closet on gun rights?
Excellent question. The 2nd amendment should a darling to the pro-gun LGBT, who are often targets of hate crime. This is a rare opportunity to find common ground between them and the typical conservative pro-gunners. If we could try to keep our "dislike" for the gay lifestyle at bay, we could for once reach common ground with Pink Gun crowd. Adopting the "hate the sin, love the sinner" point of view, could help in this case.

EDIT: I tried to post a comment on the article, but comments were closed. Bummer.

I suppose that gays, like blacks, too often live "on the Progressive plantation". I can tell you war stories in dealing with that while living in the SF Bay area. On the other hand, I can also say that the last lady to ask me to take her to the range and led to purchase of a firearm was a good lesbian friend.

Excellent question. The 2nd amendment should a darling to the pro-gun LGBT, who are often targets of hate crime. This is a rare opportunity to find common ground between them and the typical conservative pro-gunners. If we could try to keep our "dislike" for the gay lifestyle at bay, we could for once reach common ground with Pink Gun crowd. Adopting the "hate the sin, love the sinner" point of view, could help in this case.

EDIT: I tried to post a comment on the article, but comments were closed. Bummer.

I know a couple as-liberal-as-it-gets LGBT folks who have quit the Democratic Party over the recent anti-gun moves of some Democratic lawmakers. Including one in reasonably prominent positions in the Democratic Party.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top