JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
So... Are hey going to hire subject matter experts to staff this "Office"? Sounds like it could be a job opportunity for one of US! Fight them from the INSIDE!!!
Like any .gov agency, the ruling party appoints a secretary to act in their image. Then, all the underlings, are appointed in the same way. The subject matter experts will be chosen to reflect the philosophy of the ruling party.

I am interested in additional studies to investigate why areas controlled for long periods of time by democrats and with increasingly strict gun laws have the highest rates of firearm related crime / violence.

Maybe they could also look into why the majority of mass shooters thus far in this country have been registered democrats or come from households of registered democrats.

I apologize in advance, this might be long! Someone is going to build their own little empire within the state government. The first task of the new office should be to make a list of all of the laws concerning gun violence that are already on the books. This should be in a synopsis form so that the elected officials will actually take a look at them. The next step is to see if the convictions of criminals that violated the laws were upheld. If there are no real consequences for their actions, new laws won't be of any help. I was in a college town not too long ago and had a conversation with a student that was majoring in something in laws enforcement. We were talking about a different subject than gun control, but during this conversation she brought the idea several times that there needs to be more laws to help combat the problem. I asked her how more laws would help to fix the problem when the new law says couldn't be enforced for a variety of reasons which would include; lack of LEO personnel, over crowding of jails, lack of public support etc.
Maybe, we could attack this from a different angle. With all of the talk of forgiving college loans, pardons of convicted criminals and so on, just maybe there should be a college requirement in the first semester that the students participate in an exercise of personal responsibility and it's real consequences that they actually feel. Sorry for the rant, just frustrated with this type of mindset.

I apologize in advance, this might be long! Someone is going to build their own little empire within the state government. The first task of the new office should be to make a list of all of the laws concerning gun violence that are already on the books. [snip] ....

You are presuming this about tackling crime, criminals, and gun using criminals. It isn't. It's about methods of backdoor disarmament of regular law-abiding citizens.

Note: I'm not trying to sound like a dick and I'm sure you are aware as all of us, that none of the laws are about public safety, they're about a culture war. I'm just noting for the record that reasonable solutions, rational views of statistics, and an understanding of the mechanics of firearms, are of zero relevance. /endBitterRant

You are presuming this about tackling crime, criminals, and gun using criminals. It isn't. It's about methods of backdoor disarmament of regular law-abiding citizens.
Yes indeed, I think you are exactly correct with this analysis. I suspect this bill was the one that the governor really wanted. He had 'requested' the mag bill and probably some others this session that I'm forgetting, but the one he really wanted is this 'Office of firearm safety' business. This opens all sorts of new avenues for generating, funding, supporting, and expediting through the process 'gun control' measures.

I just received this email.
You are subscribed to SB 6288 for Washington State Legislature Bills. This information has recently been updated, and is now available.

March 10, 2020 - Passed final passage; yeas, 25; nays, 24; absent, 0; excused, 0.

Bill Description - Office of firearm safety

So... Are hey going to hire subject matter experts to staff this "Office"? Sounds like it could be a job opportunity for one of US! Fight them from the INSIDE!!!

Speaking of a Subject Matter Expert, maybe they'll hire Joe Biden (since he knows a lot about AR-14s).

Or how about the Senator Waters who feels ARs are heavier than a set of luggage and can shoot several hundred rounds a second.

There's a pair of "so-called experts" that would really make this an "Office of Excellence" in government service!:eek:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top