JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
However, Oregon has a preemption law ... am I missing something???
The preemption law says only the state legislature, not cities, counties, or any other municipality can make gun laws. Of course the state can pass a law allowing localities to create "gun-free" entrapment zones for CHL holders, which the localities would not otherwise be allowed to do without this new state law. That the localities' entrapment-zone ordinances are in violation of the ultimate preemption law, the US Constitution, specifically the Second Amendment, is another story.

Last Edited:
Okay... lm confused now.

Is this thing a threat or not?

I understand the fight against repealing preemption. But doesn't state preemption make this proposed law moot? I'll fight it regardless, send my support to the opposition and resistance to the buttholes, but is this the hill we want to bring the boots to, or not?

Is this thing a threat or not?
Yes, it is. This bill will allow the creation of a patchwork of "gun-free zones" throughout the state. You can easily and unknowingly enter one of these "gun-free zones". Punishment for violation is a Class C felony, which is punishable by up to five years imprisonment and a $125,000 fine.
But doesn't state preemption make this proposed law moot?
No. State preemption simply means only the state legislature creates gun laws, unless an exception is granted. In the present case, the state is trying to grant an exception that will allow localities to regulate whether CHL holders may legally carry in public buildings and each building's adjacent grounds. Try navigating that field of land mines.

I'd like to know why gun owners can't be left alone to mind their personal business as they see fit. Government has been too big for a while, now. All we seem to be allowed to do anymore is write letters and make phone calls asking to pretty please let us keep that thin slice of what used to be a beautiful cake

I'd like to know why gun owners can't be left alone to mind their personal business as they see fit. Government has been too big for a while, now. All we seem to be allowed to do anymore is write letters and make phone calls asking to pretty please let us keep that thin slice of what used to be a beautiful cake

Because we, as a group, aren't going to get involved with this or any other infringement from progressive liberals, many here vote for them!!!:mad:

Will people finally wake up if/when this passes? If not, what will it take?

Doubt this one (SB 554) will do it. We seem to be outnumbered. If a majority of people cared about gun rights, the Nov 3, 2020 election would have turned out differently, as well as the January 5 Georgia election and the Washingon I-1689 election. 'Muricans have turned into pinko sheep. :(

If I understand this bill correctly, it is going to change things so different entities, such as schools, ports, airports, government inhabited buildings, etc, would be able "to adopt ordinances" to limit or preclude your right to carry at those locations. However, Oregon has a preemption law very similar to Washington's and they are going through challenges for a very similar thing right now - one that appears to have won the challenge, and another (Seattle?) that is being reviewed right now. Albeit, the municipalities already adopted their ordinances and that is what is being challenged, but it would seem that once an ordinance is written under the authority of SB 554, if it were to pass, it could then be challenged. Oregon's preemption law is ORS 166.360, and I find no reference in SB 554 to making amendments to ORS 166.360. Am I missing something???

Whoops, my bad. 166.360 is the definitions. 166.170 is the actual preemption law.

Anyway, everyone vote incumbent! The only good politician is one that barely can use a walker!
Liberty Hangout, Katrina Bennett (?), not to be confused with Liberty Doll from youtube regardless of the magic of editing goes through a painful reveal of our culture. Anti-gunners seem very aware and angry of who she is and what she stands for. I believe it's pretty close to reality based on personal conversations and interactions.

People who have zero first hand knowledge of firearms believe 100% of what they have been told or shown in media. I have had several younger 20s females physically shaking when taking them shooting for the first time. While they didn't run out and buy guns after, as far as I know, all enjoyed to some level and you could see the light go on in their heads. No one left upset but me for the $$$ it cost.

Yet they have no problem giving up their rights as well as going after yours in complete ignorance. They not only fail to recognize history they don't even acknowledge current events. "Oh my God. My parents had to flee X County because of the rebels, cartels (or whoever)". Now they live here safe from tyranny.

Politicians dont reproduce that way. They reproduce assexually by ripping off a piece of their chicken neck flap skin and throwing it in the sewer. When the clone crawls out at age 12 they do a lobotomy and start political science (huh, calling it science) classes.

funny, in 20 years in medicine, I have yet to meet a 70+ year old who didnt have some age related brain atrophy or microvascular disease or feel comfortable with them making decisions for me.

Anyway, everyone vote incumbent! The only good politician is one that barely can use a walker!
The FAA has a manadtory retirement age of 65 for airline pilots, a senile politician can do way more damage than a senile airline pilot. Maybe we need a mandatory retirement age for policticians and not term limits.

"School districts are powerless to keep parents from bringing guns to parent-teacher conferences or to sporting events; city councils and county commissions cannot keep audience members from bringing firearms to contentious debate," Burdick said. "In the Oregon Capitol we cannot keep angry protesters from bringing loaded AR-15s into the building. And yes, that has actually happened."

So incredibly stupid... So, did the AR-15 carrier have a CHL???? How do you conceal that? Did they wear a full Dick Tracy trench coat? The AR-15 isn't exactly the first firearm I think of for concealed carry.

Last Edited:
"School districts are powerless to keep parents from bringing guns to parent-teacher conferences or to sporting events; city councils and county commissions cannot keep audience members from bringing firearms to contentious debate," Burdick said. "In the Oregon Capitol we cannot keep angry protesters from bringing loaded AR-15s into the building. And yes, that has actually happened."

So incredibly stupid... So, did the AR-15 carrier have a CHL???? How do you conceal that? Did they wear a full Dick Tracy trench coat? The AR-15 isn't exactly the first firearm I think of for concealed carry.

Stop it. Just STOP IT! I'm losing IQ points just reading it! The statements these people put out to the public are ridiculous! Re-write that statement from Burdick and replace the word gun, AR15, any word for gun or firearm and replace it with "politician" you can make it sound just as scary.

"School districts are powerless to keep parents from bringing Politicians to parent-teacher conferences or to sporting events; city councils and county commissions cannot keep audience members from bringing Politicians to contentious debate," Burdick said. "In the Oregon Capitol we cannot keep angry protesters from bringing loaded Politicians into the building. And yes, that has actually happened."

The horrors! :eek:

In the present case, the state is trying to grant an exception that will allow localities to regulate whether CHL holders may legally carry in public buildings and each building's adjacent grounds. Try navigating that field of land mines.
Okay... that's where the problem is.
I've never seen a legislative body act so weak that they'd abdicate their authority (responsibility) to lesser bodies. Not only give up power, but openly lobby to have their authority taken away.
What a collection of panty-eaters. Truly disgusting.

Laws like this do make me laugh (and cry at the same time) I am in a law enforcement family, I work with cops, know cops, shoot with cops. None of the cops I know would enforce this law.

I feel a bit helpless. My State Senator and Representative have both told me they are going to vote for this bill. I've done the calls, e-mails, etc, but I feel helpless.

Then I see the "Moms Demand" group is having their week of action and holding meetings with state officials etc.

I honestly wish there was more I could do -- but what?

I feel a bit helpless. My State Senator and Representative have both told me they are going to vote for this bill. I've done the calls, e-mails, etc, but I feel helpless.

Then I see the "Moms Demand" group is having their week of action and holding meetings with state officials etc.

I honestly wish there was more I could do -- but what?
Move

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top