JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
From Senator Kim Thatcher:

...It all starts in the Senate on Monday morning at 8 AM! That is when the SB 554 has a hearing in the Senate Judiciary and Committee. You can follow the bill via this link. Passage of SB 554 will likely render a person's ability to legally carry a concealed handgun, almost pointless. SB 554 will set up numerous potential "felony traps" all over the state for those with Concealed Handgun Licenses (CHL)....

Links for written testimony aren't working yet, so now would be a good time to write out your thoughts in advance.

From Senator Kim Thatcher:

...It all starts in the Senate on Monday morning at 8 AM! That is when the SB 554 has a hearing in the Senate Judiciary and Committee. You can follow the bill via this link. Passage of SB 554 will likely render a person's ability to legally carry a concealed handgun, almost pointless. SB 554 will set up numerous potential "felony traps" all over the state for those with Concealed Handgun Licenses (CHL)....

Links for written testimony aren't working yet, so now would be a good time to write out your thoughts in advance.
Let me guess.. No refunds either

This is a terrible bill and must be defeated. Due to the "adjacent grounds" language, it is essentially a criminal law trap for gun owners who can easily and unknowingly wander into one of their fantasy "gun-free zones". Punishment for violation is a Class C felony, which is punishable by up to five years imprisonment and a $125,000 fine.

Still, the worst anti-gun bill remains SB 585, repealing state preemption, which is scheduled for a hearing on Feb 24th in Senate Judiciary.

Here's the E-mail I got from Kim Thatcher (Bless her for being there for us!) yesterday evening.
Follow the links/directions in the email to throw some written testimony toward the likes of Prozanski, Dembrow, Burdick. et al.

db665a53-a1a9-489a-bf53-e8ad8b6ad39d.png

It's a trap!​

February 2021​

Dear Friends,

It all starts in the Senate on Monday morning at 8 AM! That is when the SB 554 has a hearing in the Senate Judiciary and …Committee. You can follow the bill via this link . Passage of SB 554 will likely render a person's ability to legally carry a concealed handgun, almost pointless. SB 554 will set up numerous potential "felony traps" all over the state for those with Concealed Handgun Licenses (CHL).

I appreciate the gratitude you have shown for my support of our Second Amendment rights. But I need your help . The tips below are for SB 554, but can apply to any bill coming forward, and there are many.

Are you going to testify against this bill? As many people as possible should either testify remotely or submit testimony to the Committee assistant. I strongly recommend you do the following if you're serious about your objections to this bill. We need all the help we can get. Pay close attention to 4 & 5.

1. e-Subscribe to the bills you are interested in by going to Citizen Engagement e-Subscribe (oregonlegislature.gov) . An email will be sent every time there is a change.
2. Go to You Can Make a Difference to find out what you personally can do to influence what is happening with the bills you are interested in at the right time with the right people.
3. Go to OLIS: https://olis.leg.state.or.us/liz/2021R1/2021-01-11 and get acquainted with all information that is there. OLIS will give you all kinds of information about bills, committees and committee members, sponsors and more! You can even find bills by typing in keywords that will lead you to bills that may be of interest.
4. If you are able to testify using the remote system before the committee (explained in https://www.oregonlegislature.gov/lpro/Publications/How-to-Testify.pdf ) that is the best way. You must sign up ahead of time. But if you are like many and feel a bit shy about testifying in person remotely, you can submit your written testimony. Speaking directly to the committee is the most impactful .
5. To submit written testimony for SB 554 go to the committee where the bill is: https://olis.leg.state.or.us/liz/2021R1/Committees/SJD110/Overview for a Senate Judiciary committee overview. Then scroll down to "Staff" and open it. Go to "Submit Public Testimony" to upload testimony by clicking " Click to Submit Testimony " and follow the directions.
6. For any other bill, go to the committee where the bill is, click on "Staff," then "Click to Submit Testimony."

To help you get started preparing your oral (or written) testimony, see the basic format below, keeping in mind you'll probably be limited to 2 minutes:

Address the Committee : "Chair Prozanski, Vice-chair Thatcher"
State your name : "My name is___________." "I come before you in opposition to Senate Bill 554" (or something like this).

State your concerns and why this bill should not move forward .
Conclude by telling them it should not move out of this committee .
End with "Thank you."

If you have any problems signing up to testify, please let me know ASAP via email. I want to know.​
cf3dca29-456f-4bf2-94a2-960a14ff78cd.jpg

For you Washington residents who hold Oregon CC permits, I would urge you to email [email protected] (Senate president) and tell him that passage of SB-554 will deter you from doing commerce or establishing new businesses in Oregon.

As a SW WA resident, this bill is disgusting. I sent an email to Senator Peter Courtney, I encourage all WA residents and OR residents to do the same. Contact your reps on this! OR lately hasn't been attacking the 2A as bad as WA, but this is a hold my beer moment.

Stay vigilant friends.

Just FYI, heard the Republicans didn't show for work today. :rolleyes:

And in other news, derp fuhrer k8 extended the emergency for another 60 DAYS.

If I understand this bill correctly, it is going to change things so different entities, such as schools, ports, airports, government inhabited buildings, etc, would be able "to adopt ordinances" to limit or preclude your right to carry at those locations. However, Oregon has a preemption law very similar to Washington's and they are going through challenges for a very similar thing right now - one that appears to have won the challenge, and another (Seattle?) that is being reviewed right now. Albeit, the municipalities already adopted their ordinances and that is what is being challenged, but it would seem that once an ordinance is written under the authority of SB 554, if it were to pass, it could then be challenged. Oregon's preemption law is ORS 166.360, and I find no reference in SB 554 to making amendments to ORS 166.360. Am I missing something???

If I understand this bill correctly, it is going to change things so different entities, such as schools, ports, airports, government inhabited buildings, etc, would be able "to adopt ordinances" to limit or preclude your right to carry at those locations. However, Oregon has a preemption law very similar to Washington's and they are going through challenges for a very similar thing right now - one that appears to have won the challenge, and another (Seattle?) that is being reviewed right now. Albeit, the municipalities already adopted their ordinances and that is what is being challenged, but it would seem that once an ordinance is written under the authority of SB 554, if it were to pass, it could then be challenged. Oregon's preemption law is ORS 166.360, and I find no reference in SB 554 to making amendments to ORS 166.360. Am I missing something???

I don't know. I'm not too smart I guess because I can't read every word of that BS without my head spinning. I believe they added an amendment exempting parking lots when you dropped someone of at the airport. The point is, they don't need this law. It's jut more restrictions that make it more difficult for people to stay legal if they happen to be carrying. They (the dems) were saying they wanted it to be like the federal law where you're not allowed to carry on federal property. Post office, federal buildings (you can burn 'em, tag 'em and break into 'em, but not carry a gun w/permit in 'em.)

on behalf of all physicians I apologize that we have improved on medicine enough to increase the life expectancy that allowed Ginny to still be alive and deciding how to treat all her subjects at 73.

on behalf of all physicians I apologize that we have improved on medicine enough to increase the life expectancy that allowed Ginny to still be alive and deciding how to treat all her subjects at 73.

Isn't ginny burdick diane feinstein's daughter?

1614290821149.png 1614290915623.png

Isn't ginny burdick diane feinstein's daughter?

View attachment 832877View attachment 832879

Politicians dont reproduce that way. They reproduce assexually by ripping off a piece of their chicken neck flap skin and throwing it in the sewer. When the clone crawls out at age 12 they do a lobotomy and start political science (huh, calling it science) classes.

funny, in 20 years in medicine, I have yet to meet a 70+ year old who didnt have some age related brain atrophy or microvascular disease or feel comfortable with them making decisions for me.

Anyway, everyone vote incumbent! The only good politician is one that barely can use a walker!

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top