JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
because Oregon is stupid.... If SB 554 gets signed into law, a CHL person walks up to store and sees a new 'No Carry' sign - they have a few choices, one of which would be to return to your car and store your gun. I was suggesting glove box or center console are NOT viable storage options.
The anti gun bill that mandates secure storage for all guns would hold gun owners responsible, for up to 2 years after its stolen, for any criminal activity from said stolen gun if it is NOT properly secured (based on your DA's interpretation of 'secured'). I'm sure a locked glove box or center console would not be interpreted as 'secure' by a DA (which we all know what DA really stands for).
Or you look at the door. Smile. And continue your way into the store.

Plus, I try not to support companies that don't support my 2A rights.
If the government is that worried. They have long lists of everything we have purchased. Along with the NFA etc. I'm not too worried about it. I'm friendly and polite with people and routinely thank LEOs for what they do in the community.

Did not say I do not own a safe.

Funny anecdote - I was about to make a hundred mile one way trip last year to buy two lock boxes for my cars from a member here.

We all know what happened.:oops:
Sorry Brother, my comment wasn't directed at you. Just a general observation. You'd be amazed and surprised how many gun owners walk away from their vehicle leaving behind an unsecured firearm.

And when I was younger, I did as well. Now I better understand the ramifications and honestly don't want to deal with the hassle of a stolen firearm. Not to mention there's much more at stake now

:D

The names of the RINOs who refused to walk out need to be plastered on bulletin boards of every gun store and every gun club in the state, and wherever CHL classes are held. Law abiding CHL holders need to be reminded who sold them out and threw them into this minefield...so that everyone remembers this at the next election. Pro-2A candidates need to be run against them, each and every one.

I contacted each representative about this issue. I did not receive a single response from any of them. I didn't expect any response from the Dems... but I was a little surprised by the radio silence from even the Republicans who ran on a pro-2a platform. Going to remember that next election.

Typical gun owner/enthusiast...
Yes. I am very typical..... I'll stand in line with the rest of the hard chargers and turn my guns in when the time comes. Haha. All I am saying is if they were truly going to act it would have happened. But if the "confiscation" day comes there will be war in the streets. I hope to never see that day.

I contacted each representative about this issue. I did not receive a single response from any of them. I didn't expect any response from the Dems... but I was a little surprised by the radio silence from even the Republicans who ran on a pro-2a platform. Going to remember that next election.
That's because we have allowed politicans to believe we need them. When it's supposed to be the opposite.

And do what ? :s0114: Vote democrat? ;)

I got a response from Earl Blumenauer, about two months after I emailed him. He basically said my thoughts don't matter and he knows better. Be careful what you wish for. Those reps, if they're dems, and they respond to you, it's actually worse when they DO respond, because they're writing to you to say they don't care what you think. :( Those Republican are getting a ton of emails. And I feel they're pretty much fighting the things they should be.

And do what ? :s0114: Vote democrat? ;)

I got a response from Earl Blumenauer, about two months after I emailed him. He basically said my thoughts don't matter and he knows better. Be careful what you wish for. Those reps, if they're dems, and they respond to you, it's actually worse when they DO respond, because they're writing to you to say they don't care what you think. :( Those Republican are getting a ton of emails. And I feel they're pretty much fighting the things they should be.

We don't hate YOU, Mike. We hate your neighbors. :cool:

The biggest mistake people on this forum (and the protesters in Salem) made was the same mistake Trumpers made on January 6th.

You think just because a lawmaker has "Republican" by their name that they're one of us.

They're not. 99% of them are pro-2A to get votes, but they aren't going hunting or going to the range anytime soon (if ever). The main difference between them and Democrats are social issues and fiscal policy.

So when a bunch of armed Boogaloos show up on the steps of the capitol building in Salem, Republicans going to react the same way as the Democrats. None of them were rushing out the door to hang out with the protestors and none of them were open carrying themselves. Watch what they were doing...they were doing the same exact thing Democrats were doing in that moment.

Same thing happened in Washington DC on January 6th. Do you think the Republicans were walking around hand-in-hand with the protestors who stormed the capitol building? Nope. They were hiding behind armed guards sitting right next to Democrats.

Er9R9fTVgAAmxA7.jpg

The biggest mistake people on this forum (and the protesters in Salem) made was the same mistake Trumpers made on January 6th.

You think just because a lawmaker has "Republican" by their name that they're one of us.

They're not. 99% of them are pro-2A to get votes, but they aren't going hunting or going to the range anytime soon (if ever). The main difference between them and Democrats are social issues and fiscal policy.

So when a bunch of armed Boogaloos show up on the steps of the capitol building in Salem, Republicans going to react the same way as the Democrats. None of them were rushing out the door to hang out with the protestors and none of them were open carrying themselves. Watch what they were doing...they were doing the same exact thing Democrats were doing in that moment.

Same thing happened in Washington DC on January 6th. Do you think the Republicans were walking around hand-in-hand with the protestors who stormed the capitol building? Nope. They were hiding behind armed guards sitting right next to Democrats.

View attachment 852806
Look at the gut on that guy!

Well, anyway, restrictions on CHL holders is the one thing I really didn't want. CHL holders are not the problem. They have never caused a problem. And now, one mis-step and you have an instant felony record for life.

sucks big time.

Well, anyway, restrictions on CHL holders is the one thing I really didn't want. CHL holders are not the problem. They have never caused a problem. And now, one mis-step and you have an instant felony record for life.

sucks big time.
You have to give the officer a reason to pat you down. And you can refuse a search without a warrant. Stay in your lane and you will be ok. The biggest issue I see is if for some reason my shirt came up and granny saw my gun and called the cops. That would suck if it was in a public building that did not allow CHL if this bill passes. Everyone will just have to be more aware. Now the guys I see that are 300+ pounds and are wearing a shirt from baby gap..... Yea it's concealed but you can see every detail of the gun through the shirt. Some may have to alter their clothes or carrying method if they continue to conceal carry after the passing of this bill. It's a personal choice we will all have to make. Everyone will have to do their own risk assessment and weigh out the pros and cons. For me the decision is simple.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top