JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Moving away from the issue will only last so long. These policies will bleed through state lines in time. Sadly.

The names of the RINOs who refused to walk out need to be plastered on bulletin boards of every gun store and every gun club in the state, and wherever CHL classes are held. Law abiding CHL holders need to be reminded who sold them out and threw them into this minefield...so that everyone remembers this at the next election. Pro-2A candidates need to be run against them, each and every one.

Also, since I'm feeling very zen today, I want to share some helpful advice for those of you planning to email state legislators.

Don't start your emails with, "Hey, c**t." They may be, but it doesn't engage well.

Also, ask them whom is going to enforce these unjust laws, with most liberal progressive bastions defunding the Police...

At some point we as Americans need to contemplate whether our many possessions outweigh our Constitutional Rights, do we think that we have too much to loose if we choose to fight tyrants? The talking is long past been over... :s0075::s0075::s0075:

Latest update from Oregon Firearms Federation on this bill.

Glad I'm moving out of Oregon, but sad to do so. Decades of voting, writing, opposing, financing and advocating for 2nd A issues and I'm convinced Oregon is a lost cause.

This bill, and other proposed bills, just reinforces that belief.

Last Edited:
They added an amendment to 554 clarifying that the ban only applies inside the buildings and not in parking lots or garages. So at least it doesn't suck quite as bad.

They added an amendment to 554 clarifying that the ban only applies inside the buildings and not in parking lots or garages. So at least it doesn't suck quite as bad.

Great! So John Q. Public doesn't know he cannot exercise his 2A right until he walks up to the building, where he now must decide to either return to his car and store his weapon to comply with the mandate or take his chances.

Kinda like getting slapped instead of punched, I guess.:confused:

I don't recall but I am sure the signers to the Bill exempted themselves and law enforcement. In my letter I pointed out that the State of Oregon did certify the CC permits. You can't play both sides. Say someone is qualified to conceal carry but then judge them unsafe to conceal carry.

oceqs.jpg

Great! So John Q. Public doesn't know he cannot exercise his 2A right until he walks up to the building, where he now must decide to either return to his car and store his weapon to comply with the mandate or take his chances.

There is also a requirement for signage as well as notification on the building's website.
I'm not defending the bill at all, just trying to add a tiny glimmer of hope.

Hope you have a gun safe in your car :eek:. If you store it in the center console or glove box and it gets stolen (thieves - great law, now we know there will be lots of cars in gun free store parking lots with guns in them), you get charged with unsafe gun storage and are also liable for any crime committed with that gun.

I 'used' to try and support local B&M stores - I'll now do that business online.

Hope you have a gun safe in your car :eek:. If you store it in the center console or glove box and it gets stolen (thieves - great law, now we know there will be lots of cars in gun free store parking lots with guns in them), you get charged with unsafe gun storage and are also liable for any crime committed with that gun.

I 'used' to try and support local B&M stores - I'll now do that business online.
Why are people leaving unattended and unsecured firearms in their vehicle? Sounds stupid to me. Just as stupid as holding the owner reliable for the crimes committed after the firearm has been criminally stolen.....

Why are people leaving unattended and unsecured firearms in their vehicle? Sounds stupid to me. Just as stupid as holding the owner reliable for the crimes committed after the firearm has been criminally stolen.....
because Oregon is stupid.... If SB 554 gets signed into law, a CHL person walks up to store and sees a new 'No Carry' sign - they have a few choices, one of which would be to return to your car and store your gun. I was suggesting glove box or center console are NOT viable storage options.
The anti gun bill that mandates secure storage for all guns would hold gun owners responsible, for up to 2 years after its stolen, for any criminal activity from said stolen gun if it is NOT properly secured (based on your DA's interpretation of 'secured'). I'm sure a locked glove box or center console would not be interpreted as 'secure' by a DA (which we all know what DA really stands for).

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top