JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
YouTube - Senate Bill S510 Makes it illegal to Grow, Share, Trade or Sell Homegrown Food

<broken link removed>

"S510 - Illegal To Grow, Share, Trade, Sell Homegrown Food"

“If accepted [S 510] would preclude the public’s right to grow, own, trade, transport, share, feed and eat each and every food that nature makes. It will become the most offensive authority against the cultivation, trade and consumption of food and agricultural products of one’s choice. It will be unconstitutional and contrary to natural law or, if you like, the will of God.” It is similar to what India faced with imposition of the salt tax during British rule, only S 510 extends control over all food in the US, violating the fundamental human right to food.”

Cross post from Arfkom.

YouTube - Senate Bill S510 Makes it illegal to Grow, Share, Trade or Sell Homegrown Food

<broken link removed>

"S510 - Illegal To Grow, Share, Trade, Sell Homegrown Food"

“If accepted [S 510] would preclude the public’s right to grow, own, trade, transport, share, feed and eat each and every food that nature makes. It will become the most offensive authority against the cultivation, trade and consumption of food and agricultural products of one’s choice. It will be unconstitutional and contrary to natural law or, if you like, the will of God.” It is similar to what India faced with imposition of the salt tax during British rule, only S 510 extends control over all food in the US, violating the fundamental human right to food.”

For those that think this is kook fringe material, its already illegal in many jurisdictions to collect rainwater from your roof, to slaughter beef on your own property for your own consumption, and for children to sell lemonade curbside without a business license, among others. My wife had to get a 'food handlers' card' to sell store-bought, store-wrapped muffins, candy and water bottles during the local girls' swim team home events.

Keith

For those that think this is kook fringe material, its already illegal in many jurisdictions to collect rainwater from your roof, to slaughter beef on your own property for your own consumption, and for children to sell lemonade curbside without a business license, among others. My wife had to get a 'food handlers' card' to sell store-bought, store-wrapped muffins, candy and water bottles during the local girls' swim team home events.

Keith

Exactly, Proof it's a real bill;
S. 510: FDA Food Safety Modernization Act (GovTrack.us)

Whatever happened to "...government of the people, by the people, for the people..."

Why are we letting OUR Government try this, and all the other crap on us?

wake up, get kids off to school, go to work, come home, help kids with homework, make / eat dinner, watch american idol, go to bed, repeat..... people aren't aware of what going on basically. if the masses were more informed and motivated about becoming more active in what their representatives are doing, things would be different.

wake up, get kids off to school, go to work, come home, help kids with homework, make / eat dinner, watch american idol, go to bed, repeat..... people aren't aware of what going on basically. if the masses were more informed and motivated about becoming more active in what their representatives are doing, things would be different.

Is it just me or does it seem like the majority don't actually care to be informed as to what is going on. As long as they can live blindly unaffected by the "powers that be", they don't need to know anything more.

The seed companies have sued & won against FARMERS when a patented seed was carried via wind/water/animals from another field to theirs.
Furthermore, Iraq has pretty much been monopolized by our seed companies & is holding their farmers hostage as well with patented, non-reproducing (Hybrid) seeds. They actually destroyed some of the oldest seed banks on the planet in Iraq.
People drive around with support of this or that cause on thier bumper stickers, but most have little clue it isn't a party or politician that will tear us apart.

Good thread-thanks for starting it!

they can do what they want, when it comes down to it, the people will uprise and the second revalution will begin.. I will do everything in my power and ability to make sure my kids have the food they need and there isnt anything the government will say or do that will change my mind on that. I will grow, harvest and eat any food that i can and if the government and those idiots in Washington dont like they can pry it from my cold dead hands.

Whoever introduced this 'bill' should be hung on grounds of treason.

If, for some asinine reason, it passes, well...that will just be one more things I engage in illegally.

Agreed+1

I wonder how much Monsanto paid to have this bill put up for our corrupt politicos to sell us out on.

This kind of law is kills the very ideals that the USA stands for. It's sickening!

Here is the list of enemies of the people of the United States

Senator Richard Durbin (D-IL) is the sponsor of this bill.
>
> Co-sponsors are:
> Lamar Alexander [R-TN]
> Jeff Bingaman [D-NM]
> Richard Burr [R-NC]
> Roland Burris [D-IL]
> Saxby Chambliss [R-GA]
> Christopher Dodd [D-CT]
> Michael Enzi [R-WY]
> Kirsten Gillibrand [D-NY]
> Judd Gregg [R-NH]
> Thomas Harkin [D-IA]
> Orrin Hatch [R-UT]
> John Isakson [R-GA]
> Edward Kennedy [D-MA]
> Amy Klobuchar [D-MN]
> Ben Nelson [D-NE]
> Tom Udall [D-NM]
> David Vitter [R-LA]

For most people, when we envision warfare, we picture armed men charging at each other across a battlefield in a fair contest of arms. Most people don't put any more thought into than that. If they did, they would quickly realize that warfare encompasses a wide spectrum of activity. Propaganda, spy games, resource control - you get the idea.

Have you noticed that gun owners, returning veterans, and anyone who disagrees with the gov program is being demonized as a "potential homegrown terrorist"?

You are under attack - we are at war, and we are not yet even putting up any resistance. There is a faction on this planet that is at war with humanity. They are greedy control freaks who desire to possess all the earth, and reduce the human population to slavery. How can you not realize it when the evidence is all around you?

You are under chemical attack through vaccines, processed food, poisoned water supplies - they are even spraying the atmosphere.

How can it surprise you that, being under attack, your enemy desires control of your food supply?

Please research UN Agenda 21 and Codex Alimentarius, this bill has been submitted to further implement these.

Wake up people. The country you think you live in is dead or dying. The longer you take to awaken to this fact, the more painful it will be, and the greater our losses will be. Try fighting through the system by electing freedom loving americans to as many positions as possible. Also realize that if we fail in this, it's lights out for free humanity.

Or go back to sleep, rivet yourself to the latest crap about Lindsey Lohan, and intensely studying those wonderful heroic men who charge up and down the football field for the betterment of life on this earth.

You can guarantee that this bill is pushed by agra-business. There are many, many examples of this over the last century.

Edit: Sasquatch's post popped up while I was writing mine...and after reading it, I couldn't agree more.

Keith

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads