JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This thread just will not die! Folks, you DO know that all of the main points of the YouTube rant have been proven false, right? Right? The food safety bills do NOT apply to ordinary person-to-person commerce, only to large corporations. The Dept. of Homeland Security has NOTHING to do with this bill. All of this ranting here IS FANTASY.

Listen, you have heard this before, but just because you see something on the internet IT DOES NOT MEAN THAT IT IS TRUE, no matter how sexy the idea is or how badly you WANT to believe it............................elsullo :confused:

This thread just will not die! Folks, you DO know that all of the main points of the YouTube rant have been proven false, right? Right? The food safety bills do NOT apply to ordinary person-to-person commerce, only to large corporations. The Dept. of Homeland Security has NOTHING to do with this bill. All of this ranting here IS FANTASY.

Listen, you have heard this before, but just because you see something on the internet IT DOES NOT MEAN THAT IT IS TRUE, no matter how sexy the idea is or how badly you WANT to believe it............................elsullo :confused:

Well - there you have it!! We have the absolute bedrock fact from the expert. Nothing to see here folks - move along...

Look - I know that a great deal of what I see on the internet is BS. I want desperately to believe that all this crap is untrue. I want to believe that .gov loves me and would never, ever do anything to my detriment. I want to believe that my elected representatives represent me, and not the corporations that are showering them with cash. I want to believe that all our jobs have not been offshored. I want to believe in "green shoots", and that the economy is recovering nicely. That the banksters have not stolen trillions, and are not ready to clamp down martial law as soonas we awake and realize what they've done. That food is a weapon and evil corporations like Monsanto have no desire to control the food supply absolutely, or that our politicians are absolute paragons of virtue, and would never sell us out for the cash they are stuffing in their pockets. Try as I might, I just can't push the "I believe" button and go back to my happy little warm fuzzy life. I can't believe that we are so special that we are immune to the genocides that have occurred throughout history in every corner of the world. Something very nasty is coming, ignoring it does not seem to be a good survival trait to me.

Believe what you like Elsullo, but it never hurts to ask questions when things smell funny. I don't know which of us will live longer, the wide awake and struggling, or the sleepy and cooperative, but I have no doubt that this system wants to swallow us all.

It sounds funky, I heard this on a Star Trek Capton Kirk said, " those who will not learn from history are doomed to repeat it." I don't know if it is original but it has always stuck with me.

So where in the bill would it make it "illegal to grow, share, trade, or sell homegrown food"? That's the OP's original point.

I mean, you all have READ the bill before opining on it, right? It'd be kinda crazy to take a strong position on something you've never read. I read SB 501, and I can't find the prohibition the OP specifies. Of course, I didn't have a right-wing blog to interpret it for me, so I was kind of on my own and actually had to read it. It's a lot of effort, I know. Much easier to just read the blogs about it.

And I wonder what those conservative Republicans who sponsored the bill were thinking if it makes it illegal for us to grow our own tomatoes. Someone please clarify.

So where in the bill would it make it "illegal to grow, share, trade, or sell homegrown food"? That's the OP's original point.

I mean, you all have READ the bill before opining on it, right? It'd be kinda crazy to take a strong position on something you've never read. I read SB 501, and I can't find the prohibition the OP specifies. Of course, I didn't have a right-wing blog to interpret it for me, so I was kind of on my own and actually had to read it. It's a lot of effort, I know. Much easier to just read the blogs about it.

And I wonder what those conservative Republicans who sponsored the bill were thinking if it makes it illegal for us to grow our own tomatoes. Someone please clarify.

The bill is dead and it's a moot point, but, it's mainly "interpretation of verbage" in the bill.
Yeah, bit of a stretch, but, if a lawmaker, with a cylindrical wooden object placed in his gludius maximus, were to interpret, and implment, parts of the food safety regulations, he would give cops the power to arrest, not only people selling thier produce at the local growers market (which i guess in this scenario would become a black market), but you-me-and-bob producers, who may be "unlicenced" to produce cirtain foods, or are "improperly producing" said items. Again, it's a stretch, but really, all it takes is one person who in thier minds is "doing the right thing" to make any law a bad one.
Right now it's illegal to sell raw milk, because it's "not properly processed." IE, no pasturizing, which eliminates alot of bad, but also alot of good, bacteria.
But you can "give it away" to your neighbors, who, just happened to "Donate" to the care of those cows, or goats, camels, or whatever you milk.
Some law's interpretations are dubious at best, and criminal at worst. But again, all it takes is one person. A self-rightious lawmaker looking to make a name for themselves, a guy with a grudge against Amish people, or someone getting sick and/or dying from an innocent farmer's market purchase. Just, one.

SO, to answer the question, more or less, the verbage, if interpreted wrong, opens the flood gates. Any law has that potential, but, this one more so, due to close ties with government oversight and regulations.

"The more eyes on a problem, the more blind they are to the problem."
- Anonymous.

The bill was ONLY about INTERSTATE commerce by large CORPORATIONS! You know, to reduce the frequent cases of DEATH FROM FOOD POISONING such as we have increasingly seen in recent years. Does "e-coli" or "salmonella" ring any bells?

NOBODY IN GOVERNMENT WANTS YOUR TOMATOES!!!!! YOU ARE BEING MANIPULATED BY ANTIGOVERNMENT FANATICS SPREADING LIES TO FRIGHTEN YOU, (so that they can get your donations)...........................elsullo

Well - there you have it!! We have the absolute bedrock fact from the expert. Nothing to see here folks - move along...

Look - I know that a great deal of what I see on the internet is BS. I want desperately to believe that all this crap is untrue. I want to believe that .gov loves me and would never, ever do anything to my detriment. I want to believe that my elected representatives represent me, and not the corporations that are showering them with cash. I want to believe that all our jobs have not been offshored. I want to believe in "green shoots", and that the economy is recovering nicely. That the banksters have not stolen trillions, and are not ready to clamp down martial law as soonas we awake and realize what they've done. That food is a weapon and evil corporations like Monsanto have no desire to control the food supply absolutely, or that our politicians are absolute paragons of virtue, and would never sell us out for the cash they are stuffing in their pockets. Try as I might, I just can't push the "I believe" button and go back to my happy little warm fuzzy life. I can't believe that we are so special that we are immune to the genocides that have occurred throughout history in every corner of the world. Something very nasty is coming, ignoring it does not seem to be a good survival trait to me.

Believe what you like Elsullo, but it never hurts to ask questions when things smell funny. I don't know which of us will live longer, the wide awake and struggling, or the sleepy and cooperative, but I have no doubt that this system wants to swallow us all.

Sas, that's simply an awesome reply. +1.

The bill is dead and it's a moot point, but, it's mainly "interpretation of verbage" in the bill.
Yeah, bit of a stretch, but, if a lawmaker, with a cylindrical wooden object placed in his gludius maximus, were to interpret, and implment, parts of the food safety regulations, he would give cops the power to arrest, not only people selling thier produce at the local growers market (which i guess in this scenario would become a black market), but you-me-and-bob producers, who may be "unlicenced" to produce cirtain foods, or are "improperly producing" said items. Again, it's a stretch, but really, all it takes is one person who in thier minds is "doing the right thing" to make any law a bad one.
Right now it's illegal to sell raw milk, because it's "not properly processed." IE, no pasturizing, which eliminates alot of bad, but also alot of good, bacteria.
But you can "give it away" to your neighbors, who, just happened to "Donate" to the care of those cows, or goats, camels, or whatever you milk.
Some law's interpretations are dubious at best, and criminal at worst. But again, all it takes is one person. A self-rightious lawmaker looking to make a name for themselves, a guy with a grudge against Amish people, or someone getting sick and/or dying from an innocent farmer's market purchase. Just, one.

SO, to answer the question, more or less, the verbage, if interpreted wrong, opens the flood gates. Any law has that potential, but, this one more so, due to close ties with government oversight and regulations.

"The more eyes on a problem, the more blind they are to the problem."
- Anonymous.

I guess you missed the part where they snuck it through congress under another number in the middle of the night. It passed - soon, we will have all the evidence we need as to their intentions on enforcing this bill. We won't have to speculate, one way or the other. I think they'll be sending swat teams to your backyard garden soon enough.

I guess you missed the part where they snuck it through congress under another number in the middle of the night. It passed - soon, we will have all the evidence we need as to their intentions on enforcing this bill. We won't have to speculate, one way or the other. I think they'll be sending swat teams to your backyard garden soon enough.

Yeah i litterally just found that out a minute ago. none of my usual news sites even had it listed, i found it under a different article about what the lame-ducks passed the last 2 months. Not sure if i should be impressed or bubblegum'd off.

Edit: the article said though, for the second time around, an admendment was added:

In the Senate version, an amendment sponsored by Democratic Sen. Jon Tester of Montana exempted relatively small-scale producers that sell most of their food directly to consumers within their state or within a 275-mile radius of where it was produced.

Tester had called his amendment a "win for anyone who eats food," noting the local food processors still would be responsible for demonstrating that they had identified potential hazards and were implementing preventive controls to address the hazards, or demonstrating to the FDA that they were in compliance with state or local food safety laws.

Okay.. now i don't feel so bad. rest of it still scares me, but, now i don't have to worry about selling my mom-in-law's eggs to coworkers. So either he isn't on the "take over the country's food" bandwagon, and everyone completely missed the admendment until after the fact, or... eh, congress makes my head hurt, where's the liquor?

When you read S.510 (the Food Safety Modernization Act), it's astonishing to find what's actually written there.

The naysayers complain that there's nothing in the bill about Codex Alimentarius. They are lying. It's on page 195 in the bill and written in plain English (see below).

There's also a section where it says the FDA will run the food safety operations of foreign nations, and that this global food "plan" will involve the Department of Homeland Security and the U.S. Treasury.

Seriously. I couldn't make this stuff up.

Think I'm kidding? Check it out for yourself in my feature article today, which includes a link to the U.S. government certified document that contains all this text in plain English that you can see for yourself:
Food safety bill invokes Codex harmonization and grants FDA authority to police food safety of foreign nations

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top