JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'm involved in AG as are most of my friends and there are precedents for this in history.
Anti-hording laws were first passed by Woodrow Wilson to control the food supply.
A doctor was paid with a lamb in leu of cash he slaughtered and canned the meat. Someone snitched on him to the Food Police. He was arrested and tried for food hoarding. At his trial he admitted that he had killed and preserved the lamb for his family's consumption. He was found guilty of food hoarding and sentanced to 5 years in prison. My source for this info is a documentary on WW1 I watched years ago I do not recall the name of the doctor or the documentary's name. The documentary also covered Quaker men who were arrested ennmasse jailed as well. I believe I saw it on PBS.
My grand father lived through WW1 and as a farmer experienced all the opressive Wilsonian laws. When WW2 broke out he drove to Sears and bought a small fortune's worth of food and ammo, he still had some of the ammo 38 years latter when he died.
If you want to know more about AG Legislation Capitol Press has a web site, it is a news paper for farmers.

Food safety bill could die.

Looks like a procedural oopsie and a bubblegum maneuver could kill this thing.

Democrats then wanted to attach it to a narrower government-funding bill that is expected to pass Saturday but Sen. Tom Coburn, R-Oklahoma, warned he would object if they did. A GOP leadership aide told CNN it would be impossible to approve the food bill quickly unless all Republicans support doing so.

Coburn has said he opposes the bill because, he claims, it spends billions and increases government regulations without actually making the food supply safer.

When George W Bush declared war on terrorism he declared war on you and me.That was the day our rights went down the drain.In our new global economy we are no longer all that important.We can therefore be sacrificed for the good of the new deal.It is much different than "The New Deal" of Teddy Roosevelt.This new deal rewards big business and corrupt individuals that have no interest in you and me.It will sell us out and have no mercy.It is my own belief that now is the time for us to make our own new deal.If the government tells us to not sell our own food sell it.If Monsanto says we cannot grow beans Grow Them More Than You Need.If Monsanto says we cannot sell what we grow.Grow It and Sell It.If The Government says you cannot have guns Buy More.If the Government says you cannot buy ammo Roll Your Own.Who bubbleguming Cares What They Think Or Say.Take Back Your Life.The only control they have is what you and I give them.Other than that they have nothing............

The seed companies have sued & won against FARMERS when a patented seed was carried via wind/water/animals from another field to theirs.
Furthermore, Iraq has pretty much been monopolized by our seed companies & is holding their farmers hostage as well with patented, non-reproducing (Hybrid) seeds. They actually destroyed some of the oldest seed banks on the planet in Iraq.
People drive around with support of this or that cause on thier bumper stickers, but most have little clue it isn't a party or politician that will tear us apart.

Good thread-thanks for starting it!

I agree and support your comments. You didn't tell the whole story but got strait to the point.:s0155:

Is it just me or does it seem like the majority don't actually care to be informed as to what is going on. As long as they can live blindly unaffected by the "powers that be", they don't need to know anything more.

Did you watch the latest season of Survivor?
For most Americans Reality is watching Realty TV Shows, Texting and Twittering. Life is a GAME. People play games on thier I-Phones while waiting for a Tweet, while talking on thier cell phone while driving to the Mall.
When was the last time you saw someone reading a book?

Did you watch the latest season of Survivor?
For most Americans Reality is watching Realty TV Shows, Texting and Twittering. Life is a GAME. People play games on thier I-Phones while waiting for a Tweet, while talking on thier cell phone while driving to the Mall.
When was the last time you saw someone reading a book?

Bingo. Most people don't give a crap about what's going on around them unless it's entertaining. Why care about your country and economics when you can memorize every stat of every player on your favorite team?

-d

Bingo. Most people don't give a crap about what's going on around them unless it's entertaining. Why care about your country and economics when you can memorize every stat of every player on your favorite team?

-d

I forgot to mention that they get thier infantalized version of the 'news' from Comedy Central!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top