JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This is the response I received back from one of my representatives.

"Thank you for your email sharing your opposition to SB 5038, which would prohibit the open carry of firearms at public demonstrations and the State Capital. I have always sought to uphold the rights of law-abiding gun owners, while also pushing to take important steps toward improving community safety through common sense firearm regulation.

I voted for this legislation as I believe it will increase public safety. The purpose of openly carrying a firearm at a protest is often to intimidate people who are exercising their First Amendment rights, and this only serves to increase the risk of violence, death, and vigilante activity.

I do not believe this bill conflicts with the 2nd Amendment. Just as there can be reasonable restrictions on free speech rights (making threats of violence, yelling fire in a crowd), there can be reasonable restrictions on the right to bear arms. It is already illegal to open carry in courts and jails. This bill is just another reasonable restriction to increase safety.

Thank you again for reaching out to the office. Although we disagree on this particular issue, I hope you will continue to reach out in the future as I value hearing from my constituents."

Sincerely,

Representative Debra Entenman

47th Legislative District

Washington State House of Representatives

(253) 330-5504| [email protected]
I just sent your rep. Debbie a nice little note.
I'm not a voter in the 47th district so I reckon it's already been recycled.
Thanks for skylining her email tho.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top