JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
With the passage of Washington's 1240 (supposed to be signed into law today), I suspect here in OR they're going to find the motivation to get moving on these measures in hopes of leapfrogging over WA as the most repressive towards gun ownership.

Make sure to let them all know about your opinion on this.

Oregon senators emails

Senator and chairman Floyd Prozanski
[email protected]

Senator and co chair Kim Thatcher at
[email protected]

Senator Michael Dembrow at [email protected]

Senator Lynn Findley at [email protected]

Senator Sara Gelsin Blouin at [email protected]

Senator Dennis Lithicum at [email protected]
Senator James Manning Jr at [email protected]
Thanks for this list! Emailed all of them + my two local reps to voice opposition.

Oregon senators emails

[email protected]

[email protected]

I would suggest that you also write to the Caucus Legislative Director, Justin Brecht, [email protected] 503-986-1950

ETA: There are several Senators that have been doing a great job on our behalf, Kim Thatcher, and Dennis Linthicum. Let them know you appreciate their fight for our rights.

Tomorrow at 3pm, there is a work session on SB 348A and SB 5530, Joint Committee on Public Safety. There are a couple of interesting tidbits in HB5530, the OSP budget bill. Look at the testimony regarding answers to questions from the committee. On page four of the first one, they talk about the number of FICS requests (background checks) in the last couple of years, and the average delays.

If you look at the third response letter, you see the OSP estimate for inplementing M114 and the cost of the Livescan fingerprint system. As of the end of March, OSP estimate is $17 million and 45 employees. Every sheriffs department will need to obtain at least one livescan system at a cost of $28,475 each, with training and maintenance thrown in. They don't say who is supposed to pay for the systems or how much it will cost sheriffs departments to administer the process.

Interesting to note that Measure 114 says that all fingerprint cards are to be submitted to the FBI, and that the fingerprint cards are to be returned. Since Livescan is electronic fingerprints, how do they intend to return the fingerprint cards since they will now electronic files? Of course, there is also the issue of FBI saying that they have no authority to conduct the background checks for OSP in the first place.

There is a link to watch the meeting live in the first link posted.

I hate this state so much. This nonsense will pass and there's not a goddamn thing we can do about it except time-consuming lawsuits from gun rights organizations (who are too busy worrying about arm braces rather than actual LAWS...), all of whom don't have nearly the amount of money that the state and Bloomberg et al have to fight against us. And even if we win some, the government will just modify the package into something else and repeat the process, like they do in California, until they get what they want.

I'm tired of living under snobs, soccer moms, and Karens. What a miserable group of people.

I hate this state so much. This nonsense will pass and there's not a goddamn thing we can do about it except time-consuming lawsuits from gun rights organizations…
In the big picture, something like this may pass eventually but there's a chance that 348 won't survive this time around. Unless I'm mistaken (certainly possible) the senate has not yet voted on it, and then senate Republicans have walked out and indicate that they're willing to stay out till the end of the legislative session. So if the Dems decide to push on with it, there's still a way to stop it.

In the big picture, something like this may pass eventually but there's a chance that 348 won't survive this time around. Unless I'm mistaken (certainly possible) the senate has not yet voted on it, and then senate Republicans have walked out and indicate that they're willing to stay out till the end of the legislative session. So if the Dems decide to push on with it, there's still a way to stop it.
That's true. If things go as planned, it won't pass this session. Actually, it doesn't need to pass until next spring since the permit system won't go into effect until July 1 of 2024. HOWEVER, there is something in the back of my mind that says there will be an attempt to attach SB348 to the OSP budget bill. Maybe my tin foil hat is screwed on too tight, but I just don't trust traffic court Floyd and his band of ne'er-do-wells.

ETA: I just went back through 348A and discovered that Section 21, on page 38, has some aspects becoming effective July 1 of 2026. To be honest, it's so convoluted and contradictory of other sections, I really can't tell what the 2026 date applies to.

Last Edited:
Just got a notification from OFF. 348 has been removed from the work session and is no longer on the schedule. I don't think they are going to let this die the death it deserves.

Oregon senators emails

[email protected]

[email protected]

I just wrote the three Republicans on this list and told them to hold the line, and thanked them for staying absent in protest. I didn't bother with the Democrats....I'd have more luck screaming at my wall. And I do that enough as it is.

I just wrote the three Republicans on this list and told them to hold the line, and thanked them for staying absent in protest. I didn't bother with the Democrats....I'd have more luck screaming at my wall. And I do that enough as it is.
If they can be convinced that it will cost them their seat, they won't vote for it. They're vultures, they won't risk losing what they have.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top