JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Testimony submitted. After listening to people at the local gun shows, most people are probably unaware of this bill and all the other bills.

Good Morning,
I am writing testimony against SB 348. This bill will do nothing in my mind to lessen murders or gun violence. We have enough laws on gun violence and murder but none or very few are enforced. Do something about the criminal if you really want to make a difference. The only thing this bill will do is make it harder for law abiding citizens of this state to purchase a firearm. It will also just be another revenue source for the state to spend on the homeless or what ever the agenda is. I would love to hear from just 1 Senator or House member without restating Giffords or Mom's talking points, Why do you hate firearms so much?
Thank you,
Craig Yon

Testimony submitted. After listening to people at the local gun shows, most people are probably unaware of this bill and all the other bills.
I've been going to most of the gun shows in the valley for the last couple of months. What I will tell you is that there are many many people that tell me, "naw, I'm fine" when I try to hand them a flyer with information on the gun bills. When I ask them if they would like to sign up for OFF alerts, there are far too many people that tell me that so and so at the local gun shop keeps everyone up to date.

If there are ignorant people, they are willfully ignorant. I have no sympathy for them.

Good Morning,
I am writing testimony against SB 348. This bill will do nothing in my mind to lessen murders or gun violence. We have enough laws on gun violence and murder but none or very few are enforced. Do something about the criminal if you really want to make a difference. The only thing this bill will do is make it harder for law abiding citizens of this state to purchase a firearm. It will also just be another revenue source for the state to spend on the homeless or what ever the agenda is. I would love to hear from just 1 Senator or House member without restating Giffords or Mom's talking points, Why do you hate firearms so much?
Thank you,
Craig Yon
Very well said!

I've been going to most of the gun shows in the valley for the last couple of months. What I will tell you is that there are many many people that tell me, "naw, I'm fine" when I try to hand them a flyer with information on the gun bills. When I ask them if they would like to sign up for OFF alerts, there are far too many people that tell me that so and so at the local gun shop keeps everyone up to date.

If there are ignorant people, they are willfully ignorant. I have no sympathy for them.
I liken it to advocating for armed staff at schools: we know what happens the way we're mostly doing things now; isn't it time to try something else?

Similarly, we can see the effects of current gun owner political participation; isn't it time to at least become informed and vote?

And no, I have no idea how to reach those people.

There are about 27,000 schools in the US. For $27 Billion Congress can give every school $1 Million to harden access points and train staff in combat shooting or hire security. This is easy and cheaper than most things they do. It is how Israel dealt with terror attacks on schoolchildren and Israel has had only a few incidents since 1974. Our political leaders seem to say "give up your self protection or you want children to die". But they could bypass the political problems by securing schools like Israel does.

This legislation would require enhanced background by FBI to get a permit to purchase and require FBI to send back finger prints. I believe the FBI said they are not going to do these types of background checks and they certainly are not going to agree to send back the fingerprints. This would mean that an applicant would not be able to get a permit to purchase. SB 348 would be a de facto ban on purchasing firearms.

SB 348 will simply replace Measure 114 with a more restrictive permit to purchase law. This will be very bad for Oregonians.

Edit: My understanding is that even if Saint Raschio was to vacate the entire M114 requirements this would take it's place, am I wrong?
SB 348 will wind up getting a TRO just like Measure 114 did and will ultimately be struck down like Measure 114 is going to be.
I think that Floyd Prozanski should be held accountable to 42 U.S. Code § 1983.

SB 348 will wind up getting a TRO just like Measure 114 did and will ultimately be struck down like Measure 114 is going to be.
I think that Floyd Prozanski should be held accountable to 42 U.S. Code § 1983.
Still up in the air as far as legalities. I believe 348 needs to pass and be signed by the Governor before any legal action can take place. Regardless, it means more money out of our pockets to fund legal action.

Civil rights lawsuit would be an interesting twist. Would be better to see traffic court Floyd perp walked into jail.

What' im seeing here, this is an end run around the current court proceedings of 114, the dims know full well that the 9th WILL be forced to strike down much if not ALL of 114, so they are hedging, they also know Judge Raschio will likely strike it all down at the state level, so this is round two of their draconian push ahead despite the landscape after Bruen! What will be telling is AFTER we get Rashio's ruling and the Fed Ruling which will likely go to the 9th on appeal, (which dosn't look very good for them, ) so they need a back up plan, and this is that plan! And don't think Kotex won't jump in with both feet and pull some nasty midnight antics of her own, just to stir things up that much more!

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top