JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Wagner has already stated that the Dems absolutely will not entertain any changes to HB 2002 or HB 2005. They're all in and aren't going to change.
You mean, "come back to work and do your jobs with meaningful debate... but... Yeah. We aren't compromising on NOTHIN!" (??) 🤣

I'm just really grateful that our republicans have held strong. I quite honestly didn't have a lot of faith that they would. As it stands, 1/3 of the state legislators are now ineligible for re-election, but looks like 113 may go under challenge shortly. Considering the make up of the courts I think we already know how that's going to play, but hopefully it will make it up the chain and be thrown out before any critical elections.

348 appears to be dead in the water at least until the next session.

I'm hoping our Republican Senators stand strong and do not come back this session for even one second. Once the real story about this situation comes out they will look like heroes. The media is in full cover mode for Democrats right now.

in classic fashion Oregon Live buries the most important detail near the end of the article:

"Knopp told The Oregonian/OregonLive editorial board Wednesday that Kotek wouldn't entertain key demands during the talks, including substantial changes he sought to House Bill 2002.

"There are not changes to the bill that would garner enough Democratic votes to make those changes," Kotek said. "Democrats reflect the wide majority of Oregonians who believe in access to health care."

In contrast, slightly less than half of the participants in a statewide survey of registered voters by DHM Research this spring said they thought health insurance companies should cover gender affirming care. Sixty percent said it should be illegal for health care professionals to provide such care to someone younger than 18."

This bill would perform sex changes on children under 18 without even informing their parents.

HB 2002 is so far outside the mainstream public opinion that if the Republicans cave on this issue they are done as a party. It's hard to stand up for what is right and i applaud the Senators in the current walkout for doing what is right. They need to carry this across the finish line though. This is a line that cannot be crossed or they might as well disband the party entirely.

I'm hoping our Republican Senators stand strong and do not come back this session for even one second. Once the real story about this situation comes out they will look like heroes. The media is in full cover mode for Democrats right now.
I hope so too. I know there has been some discussion of them returning on the last day to pass the budget, but I hope they don't. As kotex pointed out.. if they step foot on the floor for any amount of time the dems very well could call a vote on any of the bills they are now attempting to kill.

"...for example adding coverage for facial feminization surgery and any other treatments that a physician would prescribe as necessary."

Maybe I'm just stoopid, but since when would plastic surgery on a childs face ever be considered "necessary" treatment??? Isn't that why insurance companies typically don't cover plastic surgery for adults? It's an elective procedure....

Not just in these bills, but in our education system too where parents are often kept in the dark about mental health counseling and gender confusion... it's really scary. I was always taught and firmly believe a parent should be ACUTELY concerned about any adult encouraging children to keep secrets from their parents.

It doesn't seem there is a whole lot of talk about 348 circulating though. That's either a good thing or a bad thing, but after all the time spent boycotting the legislature, it sure would be pissing up a rope to show up in the 11th hour to pass the budget and find ourselves effectively under 114 overnight.

Republicans need to stay away, call it a legislative season, leave the democrats holding the bag of radical, life altering legislation.

This is what happens when conservatives don't vote, cause their vote do t count. But even worse, this is what you get when you mail order your Governor…

Conservatives and those in the middle need to make their voices heard. Call and email those who are pushing these bu!!bubblegum agendas, let them know, in no uncertain terms they don't represent you or your values.

And let Knopp and the republicans that you stand with them and fully support their walkout. Including not passing a budget, that'll be in the radical democrats who refuse to negotiate….

... It doesn't seem there is a whole lot of talk about 348 circulating though. That's either a good thing or a bad thing, but after all the time spent boycotting the legislature, it sure would be pissing up a rope to show up in the 11th hour to pass the budget and find ourselves effectively under 114 overnight.
Work session on 348 and the OSP budget was scheduled for yesterday at 3pm in W&M Public Safety sub committee. 348 was dropped from that meeting. 348 is a bit of a mix right now since they also have HB2005. Either one could be attached to a public safety budget bill during the special session this summer or early fall. James Hieb mentioned that there was already a budget extension passed earlier that will take us through September, so the budget will be an issue, but not immediately.

There is no mandate to pass 348 tis session but I don't trust them in any way shape or form. SB393 is still out there as well, and sitting in the same sub committee as 348. Probably dead, but the 3 day delay is also one of O'Biden's wet dreams, and I'm convinced that the current laws are coming straight from his henchmen.

The big question I have is what is the status of the bills after the session? From what I understand, they all go away and start from zero with new hearings.

Can they pull a Illinois and cram them through in the middle of the night like they did in Illinois? Or does the hearing process make it take too long?

What the republicans should demand is that if anything is passed by the house on firearms or the "healthcare" bill, they won't come in. Let each special session die just like the regular session did. I'm getting the feeling that NONE of the republican senators are in trouble with their constituency, in spite of all the vitriol directed at them by the leftists in the cities.

Does make one ponder to whom the Dems must be beholden if under no circumstances are they willing to amend HB2002 in the slightest, even at the expense of getting anything else done. It's a bill so extreme that even many registered Dem voters are opposed so it's certainly not the often-touted "mandate of the people."

in classic fashion Oregon Live buries the most important detail near the end of the article:

"Knopp told The Oregonian/OregonLive editorial board Wednesday that Kotek wouldn't entertain key demands during the talks, including substantial changes he sought to House Bill 2002.

"There are not changes to the bill that would garner enough Democratic votes to make those changes," Kotek said. "Democrats reflect the wide majority of Oregonians who believe in access to health care."

In contrast, slightly less than half of the participants in a statewide survey of registered voters by DHM Research this spring said they thought health insurance companies should cover gender affirming care. Sixty percent said it should be illegal for health care professionals to provide such care to someone younger than 18."

This bill would perform sex changes on children under 18 without even informing their parents.

HB 2002 is so far outside the mainstream public opinion that if the Republicans cave on this issue they are done as a party. It's hard to stand up for what is right and i applaud the Senators in the current walkout for doing what is right. They need to carry this across the finish line though. This is a line that cannot be crossed or they might as well disband the party entirely.
The fat labeshian in chief and her lies of a, "Democrats reflect the wide majority of Oregonians"…….

The recent upset in school board elections in my area would suggest otherwise.

Does make one ponder to whom the Dems must be beholden if under no circumstances are they willing to amend HB2002 in the slightest, even at the expense of getting anything else done. It's a bill so extreme that even many registered Dem voters are opposed so it's certainly not the often-touted "mandate of the people."
In an 'honest game' - which we do not have - the Senate could go out of 'regular order' and consider a bunch of bills that are not so contentious, leaving 2002, 348 and others alone. Ds who want other bills have been complaining; they could pressure D leadership to stop blocking their bills.

Of course, relying on the Legislative Ds to leave the horrible bills alone is likely a mug's game. Get the Rs inside, lock the doors, 'vote'. That's not politics, that's tyranny.

An evil, pudgy jellyroll with a bad haircut.
gozer-explained-2.jpg

Don't tell me you don't see the resemblance.

It's the baby eaters.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads