JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Requires owner or possessor of firearm to secure firearm with trigger or cable lock or in locked container except in specified circumstances.
Punishes violation by maximum of $500 fine. If minor obtains unsecured firearm as result of violation, punishes by maximum of $2,000 fine. Provides that person who does not secure firearm as required is strictly liable for injury to person or property within four years after violation. Requires owner or possessor of firearm to secure firearm with trigger or cable lock or in locked container when transferring firearm except in specified circumstances. Punishes violation by maximum of $500 fine. Provides that person who transfers firearm without securing firearm is strictly liable for injury to person or property within four years after violation. Requires person to report loss or theft of firearm within 24 hours of time person knew or should have known of loss or theft. Punishes violation of requirement by maximum of $1,000 fine. Requires person transferring firearm to minor to directly supervise minor's use of firearm unless minor is owner of firearm. Provides that person who does not supervise minor as required is strictly liable for injury to person or property caused by minor's use of firearm. Directs Attorney General to specify by rule minimum specifications for trigger and cable locks and locked containers required by Act. Declares emergency, effective on passage.

https://olis.leg.state.or.us/liz/2019R1/Downloads/MeasureDocument/SB275

fudd bubblegum.jpg
"No nightstand gun for you, because we say so!"

Gosh, wonder where they got that idea...:rolleyes:

Crime has been on the decline, and suddenly emergencies are being being declared? How politically convenient.

Boss

You ever notice with these they always repeat penalty fees and fines the most with just some easily stackable wording to tack on to a report. Not sure how they'll actually prove that the guns were locked to begin with if its only applied if someone uses said weapon (lets think here, gun is locked at home as this requires but then is used to harm someone or something and you get charged) where is the burden of proof? What about the person who STOLE the object to begin with and then REMOVED the locking mechanism? - which a quick youtube/google search could teach any person to do in under 2mins with either tools or hard surfaces.

In the end they give 2 chits about the actual law or policy they just see the $$$ signs they can milk out of someone in court. If they'd just say look pay us a monthly fee/tax we'll shut up and leave your rights alone i'd be more apt to maybe oblige them for at least being honest. Failure to pay is of course enforced by threat of jail or further punishment for neglect.

Economic/Social attacks is what they should call these instead. End game goal is to cripple someone financially and socially in hopes plenty of wallets can be harvested. Thats how I see it anyway. Only ones enforcing the law are actual police and their discretion when deciding how to apply tags to a record then a judge does the final seal of destruction.

Wonder how good these go when repeat felons use firearms and then get released the next day on bail. Sounds to me like you are just paying for someone else's mistake, which I thought taxes were supposed to do already...

Last Edited:
Requires person transferring firearm to minor to directly supervise minor's use of firearm unless minor is owner of firearm.

WTF did I just read?

Every piece of Constitution infringing legislation in this state is an emergency...

Should be doing something about homelessness and opioid deaths...

Gun owners in this state are going to have to become disruptive to get the task masters attention, otherwise, they're going to jam every single piece of this bs legislation down our throats...

They should be found guilty of hate crimes. Hate against gun owners. We are a distinct class of people. If they care so much for children, then why do they allow thousands to be murdered each year in this state alone?

safety for the children my bubblegum.

The 24 hour rule is really a bad part of this bill. What if, during the confusion and emotional drama of being robbed, they take 25 hours? I believe the limit is to help combat straw-purchases (whom I hate, and is rarely prosecuted) but 24 hours?

I would think all the person would have to do is state "I didn't know it was stolen until you got here, officer).

On another note:

Cindy Ann Yuille father is rarely mentioned anymore. Why? A few years ago he committed suicide. With a gun.
Why? I heard him speak at a couple of times at hearings, as well as a couple gun-control gatherings. It was painful to hear most of the time, as it was apparent the pain he still carried in his heart. Yet, he was continually trotted out to support gun-control proposals, as if it would help with the healing process. Most likely, it accomplished the exact opposite by continuously reopening the wounds in his heart so gun control advocates could stick their fingers into him and trout him out as a poster boy for their cause as they needed him.

What a load of crap. Responsible adults can safely transport and store firearms without some jackass nanny-state types dictating how it is done, thank you very much.

What a load of crap. Responsible adults can safely transport and store firearms without some jackass nanny-state types dictating how it is done, thank you very much.

We can. But, our good friends in the mid terms votes cannot so we must cater to them since they cannot take self control and responsibility into their own hands unfortunately.

This here> If these two druggies can be charged for allowing a minor access to a firearm, then why is this law needed again other than to make it more onerous for the law abiding to remain so?

Mother, boyfriend face charges after toddler's gunshot injury

Edit: A second example where reckless endangerment was applied. i.e. why do we need a new law when we have current laws that are used?
Oregon parents jailed after toddler fatally shoots self with handgun, records show

• Where is the opportunity for basic safety training for kids (don't touch, tell an adult)?
  • Where are the PSA's reminding adults about the responsibilities on gun ownership (Can your young kids get your guns unsupervised? Are they responsibly taught good behaviors around firearms, etc)?
  • Why not drop the prejudice, and work with groups gun owners respect to provide the training?
  • Why not encourage safe storage with tax credits, if it is truly an emergency and a public health interest. If it saves only one life, right?
  • Why only punitive measures that only get applied until AFTER something happens?

We really have to try and let them understand they are demonizing legal gun ownership, not promoting good responsible legal ownership. And all the time, the actual criminals and checks-balances that are supposed to help identify and catch them, go unattended.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top