JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I watched it on Room 50. Regardless, I wanted to just scream at some of the anti-gun people. Nothing they said had anything to do with justifying the bill except for obviously flawed statistics. Otherwise, it was purely testimony against guns in general.

One thing I thought was funny was Ceasefire Oregon president, Penny Okomoto, used a stat that 96.1% of criminals obtain their firearms from sources without a background check. Pretty sure no criminals run background checks on other criminals so, this statistic is garbage without context.

Also, I thought it was funny that Prozanski argued he didnt tip off Ceasefire Oregon. Obviously they learned of the hearing and put out info to their members through telepathy.

The "Trayvon" supporter with her hood was disgraceful and should have been told to remove her hood or been dismissed.

Mr. Kelly's line of reasoning concerning the background check of his wife's shooter is intriguing. He posits that if the shooter had been stopped at the retailer by a background check, he would have gone to a gun show, or failing there he would have gone to a private seller. He says this bill would have stopped all three.
Perhaps it would have restricted his ability to get a firearm in those specific circumstances, but it would not have stopped him. Correct me if I am wrong, but didn't the murderer plan ahead? It would not have mattered how many background checks he may have failed or potentially been deterred by, he planned ahead. He would have found a way to get a firearm, or some other means of killing.

Kevin did a great job in the Q & A killing Prozanski with facts and logic

Manual Martinez gave a very emotional testimony that ended in applause with Prozanski threatening to have us removed. State Police then filed in on both sides in case we tried to carry Mr Martinez on our shoulders I guess :s0155:

Wish I could be there, still on pain meds didn't want to drive all the way there with the weather and still recovering. Looks like we had good voices real Americans.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top