Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Say what!?

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by speeddemon94, Jan 26, 2013.

1. speeddemon94

speeddemon94 The Rogue Well-Known Member

2. biker bo

biker bo Myrtle Creek Active Member

3. Stomper

Stomper Oceania Rising White Is The New Brown Silver Supporter

Come and take it!

Redcap and (deleted member) like this.
  4. speeddemon94

5. biker bo

biker bo Myrtle Creek Active Member

Sorry for the double post.

6. oknow

oknow amboy wa. Well-Known Member

our wonderful government at work looking for just the right people that will have no problem stepping on the constitution next thing you will probably see is the new bk panthers are given power to arrest.

7. Grunwald

Grunwald Out of that nut job colony of Seattle, WA Well-Known Member

I'd call bunk on this story. The federal government has no authority to do anything like this. It would have to be done at the state level and since sheriff is the top law enforcement official of a county, steeped in very long tradition, it would not be a very easy task (in my opinion)
    Additionally the line "1935 President Franklin D. Roosevelt was set to eliminate all of the 48 states in order to implement nine regional governments" from the story makes me question the entire article. I have never heard of this and cannot find a reference to it anywhere, except web sites that are using it as a reference.

If the above is an actual fact about FDR then it would be great if someone could provide an actaul reference.

8. One-Eyed Ross

One-Eyed Ross Winlock, WA Well-Known Member

Like I've said before, the government does enough real stuff to dislike, we don't have to run around making stuff up....

9. speeddemon94

We are not making anything up. There is no reliable source anymore for real news. So everyone is gathering and sharing so that discussion can be had, and we can sift through to decide what is real and what is garbage. Everyone is scrambling for information. I posted this in off topic yesterday for that reason.

10. Norm0931

Norm0931 Hillsboro, OR Sgt. Sheep Silver Vendor 2016 Volunteer

That was state Govt in the dispute with the sheriff. Is everyone saying it's the Feds because of Joe Biden's kid?

11. Jamie6.5

Jamie6.5 Western OR Well-Known Member

From the article:
    When less local control is the mandate, where does the citizen turn for law enforcement?
    Why, to unelected state and federal LE agencies of course.

The local sheriff's office SHOULD be the most powerful LE agency to interact with citizens, as the County Sheriff is the highest office of/for ELECTED law enforcement.

The feds (and their sons) know this, as it runs counter to to the pervasive groupthink D.C. leaders value so highly.

12. netcarrier

netcarrier Portland, Oregon Active Member

Hi All,
    Not happy about this one I call B................. S................. !
    Tony Portland, Oregon Area

13. SturgeonSlayer

SturgeonSlayer St.Helens Active Member

The examiner ? Really !!! Is this a spin off of the enquirer ? Im going to guess its a BS story ! But it does make for interesting conversations.

14. speeddemon94

And that's why I titled the thread the way I did...

15. civilian75

civilian75 Hillsboro, OR Well-Known Member

Has anyone noticed this has been floating around the interweb since April of last year?

16. speeddemon94

Oh, and it's even older than that. It's just yet another persistent, nagging little example of how circular all of this stuff is.

17. speeddemon94

It's really funny because I am really careful about checking dates...I read the article with yesterday's date, and then linked to a cleaner looking link...and it goes to April of last year.

18. ZigZagZeke

ZigZagZeke Eugene Silver Supporter Silver Supporter 2015 Volunteer

The sheriffs need to deputize a few thousand armed citizens and go have a talk with the Attorney General.

19. Flyingswords

Flyingswords Texas Active Member

Then I will shoot those bubblegumers if they are given it. Never did like them nor the KKK.

20. Stomper

Stomper Oceania Rising White Is The New Brown Silver Supporter

We could start with a posse action inside the Capitol Blg. in Salem... Just sayin'. ;)