JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This is entirely the fault of the three states who have rapped our waters for commercial gains, while failing to manage the resources properly.
The States always go after the sportsmen first, imposing extra fees, taxes, increased licensing, and extra permits, while restricting access and seasons as well as equipment to such levels that it's not worth the time and expense to fish any more!! I saw the writing on the wall when they demanded the switch to barbless hooks, and imposes additional fees while raising the license and tag fees, and then restricted you to two or three days a week, which just so happened to be the days the dams were let out! PHUCKERS!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

This is entirely the fault of the three states who have rapped our waters for commercial gains, while failing to manage the resources properly.
The States always go after the sportsmen first, imposing extra fees, taxes, increased licensing, and extra permits, while restricting access and seasons as well as equipment to such levels that it's not worth the time and expense to fish any more!! I saw the writing on the wall when they demanded the switch to barbless hooks, and imposes additional fees while raising the license and tag fees, and then restricted you to two or three days a week, which just so happened to be the days the dams were let out! PHUCKERS!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:
Yep. Nailed it.

Gotta keep the whale-watchers happy. And doesn't impact tribal over-harvesting at all.

Will be moving down south after retirement and going back to bass fishing.

I was once in a boat with a guy that wanted to cut the floats for the gillnets because of the damn natives stealing all the fish.

I told him I bet they would trade the fish for all the land that was stolen.

It was a quiet ride home.

Last Edited:
If the returns projected are less than 966k, which hasn't happened since 2007...

If the projected returns dip to that kind of level, there wouldn't be any fishing in the ocean anyways. This is a feel good floor that if it gets hit without the west coast state managers freaking out, they will have failed as fishery managers. Just a bill for the feds to say they did something to protect orcas.

It wasn't that long ago, they were going to start killing sea lions predating on Salmon, so there were more Salmon for the fishermen upstream. So I guess Fishermen trump Sea lions, but Orcas trump fishermen.

The fact of the matter...too many people, overfishing. Stop making babies.

Don't forget the gigantic Chinese and Japanese "fishing factory ships" out there scooping up all the fish by insane numbers….
Yep. If the Chinese can occuply their man made island and say they have rights to the whole ocean between them and the Phillipines...maybe we can say anything between the US and Hawaii is ours, only we can fish it.

Saw a map a while back showing how they are getting massacred on the way down from Alaska before they even get to Wash and Or.. all the big commercial ships take a big chunk out of them.

Still waiting for canned salmon to be banned...
.... is there any other "protected species" available in cans at the supermarket? :s0153:

Maybe they should start canning California Sea Lions... so salmon could recover :s0092:

1631835717914.png

These guys show up in the hundreds and fish an area dry! They fish in other country's waters with zero regards for others territory, and they have no regulation governing the catching and sales of illegal or endangered, protected species!

1631836090872.png
1631836112395.png

View attachment 1033239

These guys show up in the hundreds and fish an area dry! They fish in other country's waters with zero regards for others territory, and they have no regulation governing the catching and sales of illegal or endangered, protected species!

View attachment 1033242
View attachment 1033243
You're a pretty diversified individual with plenty of cool toys - did you happen to snatch up one of the surplus Russian subs when they trimmed their fleet in the 90's ?

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top