JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
That guy makes me want to go see a dentist!
Twelve million dollars!

Dr_evil_one_million_dollars.jpg

I find it ironic that sawing the barrel shorter than 18" on a .410 shotgun could land me in jail and instantly vaporize a lot of my future rights. Meanwhile, I can carry a Taurus Judge in my pocket anywhere my CHL allows.
Interpretation, It is all about interpretation when it comes to the law including manufacturing firearms. The first was designed to be, while the latter was altered to be. Not just interpretation of mechanics but interpreting and twisting vernacular. Like the Judge; Pump AR would be another example. that's why some laws read on forever in usually fruitless effort to define the narrow but a few clever fellows have found another path towards the same goal. Unseemly how it leaves us weekend tinkerers out of the game.

I have a rental home, a few years back the renters were evicted and left everything they didn't want in the home. While cleaning out all the junk I found a 20 gauge single shot shotgun that was cut down way short. I called the local PD and told them I found a firearm in my rental home, it took awhile before an officer showed up and when he did he took the shotgun, my information and the former renter's information. Before I made the call I did consider just disassembling the shotgun and tossing it in the trash but reconsidered no idea what the firearm had been used for and instead of having that in the back of my mind thought it was best the person who left it behind explain it. No idea if the police followed through or just scrapped the shotgun, either way not on my mind.

At the last gun buy back in Portland, there was an older guy who had a sawed off double barrel shotgun in the trunk of his car.
I asked him about it as he was getting ready to cross the street with it.
His reply was, and I quote, " I'm a retired cop, and you don't want to know the story behind this"
The stock, what was left of it and the most of the barrels were wrapped in surgical tape, just like the revolver in the Godfather movie that Al Pacino used in the restaurant scene.
No questions asked when he turned it in.

I have a rental home, a few years back the renters were evicted and left everything they didn't want in the home. While cleaning out all the junk I found a 20 gauge single shot shotgun that was cut down way short. I called the local PD and told them I found a firearm in my rental home, it took awhile before an officer showed up and when he did he took the shotgun, my information and the former renter's information. Before I made the call I did consider just disassembling the shotgun and tossing it in the trash but reconsidered no idea what the firearm had been used for and instead of having that in the back of my mind thought it was best the person who left it behind explain it. No idea if the police followed through or just scrapped the shotgun, either way not on my mind.

I think you made the right choice. If it helps the PD solve a crime later, so much the better. If not, you have still disposed of it in a manner unlikely to cause you grief.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top