JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I saw this when it originally happened and my heart goes out to him and his family. This should be a heads up for anyone thinking about putting family heirlooms, keepsakes, or just your favorite shooter on consignment.

As far as I know they have not reopened.....

This is the same logic applied by politicians against gun owners. One person did something so we have to stop doing something so everyone is safe.

I sell lots of guns on consignment. If you do not need money that day then it is a better option to get more money. Stores who buy outright offer a lower amount. On consignment the store is out nothing, and you both gain when it is sold so a higher percent is paid to the owner.

dont judge all because one store did something wrong. There are lots of reputable stores out there that will take care of their customers and not pull a stunt like that.

Do you offer you consignment customers a cash guarantee if you decide to close the door? Not judging you or your business practices, but like any business it only takes a few *** hats to ruin it for everyone. Gun owners should know and understand the risks involved and as I stated, it is a heads up, just like looking for traffic when crossing the street.

I do not offer a cash guarantee, but i do guarantee return of the gun. Unfortunately there is no way for the consignee to know the financial state of the business. There is risk no matter what. A cash guarantee means nothing if the business files bankruptcy of closes. That entity no longer exists, so who would you sue for that cash? If there is no cash to take how do you get it.

Consignment is a good deal for all parties involved. But it is not without risk. Neither is selling your items. By selling outright the burden of risk shifts to the store. To off set that you will be given less money. In consignment the risk of market fluctuation is on the owner. The store is only providing the location and the exposure to a target market. That is why the majority of the money will go to the owner not the store. It is a matter of judging what is best in your situation.

My main point here is this is an isolated incident. It is not the norm. It would be one thing if this happened regularly then i would be right with the OP on watch out. But it isn't. You could get stuck by lighting today also but that wont stop you from going outside. Hundreds of thousands of guns are sold on consignment with out issue. one store doing this is an anomaly.

i stand corrected on isolated. However i will stand by the odds are extremely slim. Also when looking at the reviews of both stores, they were pretty negative for both. Probably a good indication they were going down.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top