JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Still think this is one of the better ones. Doing the right thing to keep Mama at bay

I'd always thought you should make yourself as big as possible. Arms over your head. Loud noises. Stand your ground, false charge. Throw rocks Don't back up. Then I watched that.
Always take a gun into the forest. Yep, that's it.

I'd always thought you should make yourself as big as possible. Arms over your head. Loud noises. Stand your ground, false charge. Throw rocks Don't back up. Then I watched that.
Always take a gun into the forest. Yep, that's it.
The false charge thing always bothered me. You're flipping a coin - and if the cat decides in that moment of flight or fight to duke it out with you…are you really prepared for that fight?

Being aggressive with a mama will only escalate things.

Second the idea to always have a gun - especially if out solo. Man, was I dumb (and lucky) in my teens and early 20's.

The false charge thing always bothered me. You're flipping a coin - and if the cat decides in that moment of flight or fight to duke it out with you…are you really prepared for that fight?

Being aggressive with a mama will only escalate things.

Second the idea to always have a gun - especially if out solo. Man, was I dumb (and lucky) in my teens and early 20's.
All these things I figured were proper and would work. PHHhttt. And then saw how it really is. Sobering, man!

You pull of the road in the forest to take a leak and have this happen! Gun sitting in the console.

Still think this is one of the better ones. Doing the right thing to keep Mama at bay

I suppose if you are young enough you might be able to back away. Older people may not be so lucky and I always take standard magazine pistol when I have been hiking. I have several spare magazines loaded as well.

I suppose if you are young enough you might be able to back away. Older people may not be so lucky and I always take standard magazine pistol when I have been hiking. I have several spare magazines loaded as well.
Not everyone goes out into the woods armed. They should, but this guy didn't. If he had turned his back the cat may have attacked.

I don't know? Why not pick up one of the thousands! Of rocks around him and nail that thing, we forget what he have as weapons, instead of retreating and holding your phone to make TikTok history just stand your ground and move your arms above your head.

I don't know? Why not pick up one of the thousands! Of rocks around him and nail that thing, we forget what he have as weapons, instead of retreating and holding your phone to make TikTok history just stand your ground and move your arms above your head.
That's what I always figured too. So, just how fast can you pick up a rock and hurl it? Did you notice the speed of that cat's paws pounding the ground when he was false charging? Are you pretty quick with that bend-over-pick-up-rock-stand-up-throw-rock routine? Just sayin'.

I don't care if your 6' 6" and 285 your gonna get your arsh handed to you.....not saying you won't be able to defend yourself with a rock or stick but it's not gonna be pretty. Cats are faster and more powerful than people thing

I don't care if your 6' 6" and 285 your gonna get your arsh handed to you.....not saying you won't be able to defend yourself with a rock or stick but it's not gonna be pretty. Cats are faster and more powerful than people thing
Heck, house cats move faster than the average human, let alone 150#s of pissed off muscle.

I was stalked by a cougar shortly after moving to Corvallis from St Paul MN. I was about 33 and very naive. It was at an outdoor wine tasting event. She was asking weird questions, like did I have a partner. I didnt have any idea what she meant by "partner," and started talking about business partners. She kept standing uncomfortably close to me and I kept backing away. I thought maybe her comfortable social distance was way closer than mine. Only after I went home did I suddenly realize she had been hitting on me.

I was stalked by a cougar shortly after moving to Corvallis from St Paul MN. I was about 33 and very naive. It was at an outdoor wine tasting event. She was asking weird questions, like did I have a partner. I didnt have any idea what she meant by "partner," and started talking about business partners. She kept standing uncomfortably close to me and I kept backing away. I thought maybe her comfortable social distance was way closer than mine. Only after I went home did I suddenly realize she had been hitting on me.
A warm welcome to Oregon is what she wanted to give you!

Then I bet this happened 🤦‍♂️

All these Healthy Henrys don't want to have a stick or what I like, the collapsible walking stick that have a pointy end cap under the rubber boot. Not everything is worth shooting but alot could use a little poke to get the message across.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top