JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Any one Remember a lady in S.E. Portland back in the 70's and 80's named Dixie! She wasn't "homeless" but she would ride a bike all over the South East area and harass folks. She always wore A blue jacket with yellow lettering on the back that said friend of all animals and she always had a length of chain with her and would chase every one that even looked at her. She was one nasty person, even the local Biker gangs and the cops would leave her alone! I heard she was murdered not long after I went in the service! Never knew why she was like that, but she was!

So.... none of you in your entire lives have ever opened your car door and had a pi$$ standing behind it in a parking lot before? o_O

C'mon... really?:D

Twice.

Once back in about 1997 there was a hazmat truck that crashed on the Nisqually bridge. I-5 closed for HOURS to clean it up. Had to break the seal on the side of the freeway. When I got out of my parked truck to do so, so did about 100 other people. Women waited until us guys were done and helped hide each other with jackets and blankets.

Second time was just this last winter. That snow storm we had made my commute from Wilsonville to Hillsboro over 4 hours long. Had to tap a kidney in the parking lot of the Clackamas town center parking lot (was taking the non-freeway drive home).

Twice.

Once back in about 1997 there was a hazmat truck that crashed on the Nisqually bridge. I-5 closed for HOURS to clean it up. Had to break the seal on the side of the freeway. When I got out of my parked truck to do so, so did about 100 other people. Women waited until us guys were done and helped hide each other with jackets and blankets.

Second time was just this last winter. That snow storm we had made my commute from Wilsonville to Hillsboro over 4 hours long. Had to tap a kidney in the parking lot of the Clackamas town center parking lot (was taking the non-freeway drive home).

Hope you left a sign behind warning not to eat yellow snow! o_O

:D

In 1974 I had a job that required going to the downtown Post Office twice a day. I was appalled at the behavior of street people then! Older guys at work said it was a trend that started when state insane asylums were shuttered because of bad press and health care advocates that said the mentally ill deserved to live in freedom. Seems they were turned loose, but little else.

Since then, the drug epidemic has only gotten worse and, for all the help offered by various government and charitable organizations, I'm not seeing any major signs of improvement. If anything, the number perpetually homeless, mentally ill, and drug-addled is growing and the number of camps are expanding.

In 1974 I had a job that required going to the downtown Post Office twice a day. I was appalled at the behavior of street people then! Older guys at work said it was a trend that started when state insane asylums were shuttered because of bad press and health care advocates that said the mentally ill deserved to live in freedom. Seems they were turned loose, but little else.

Since then, the drug epidemic has only gotten worse and, for all the help offered by various government and charitable organizations, I'm not seeing any major signs of improvement. If anything, the number perpetually homeless, mentally ill, and drug-addled is growing and the number of camps are expanding.

This like so many things has a lot to do with "follow the money". Liberals started in with the "they have rights". So soon they were allowed to roam free and do what they do. Next liberals who got this all going said they were there to "fix it" for the angry voters. So next came one agency after another with the job of "fixing" this mess. Of course every agency created came with a budget and employee's. Of course nothing got better so the agencies got bigger and began to breed. So now this has become an industry all its own. Just like the "race industry". The race hustlers would NEVER allow there to be no racism, they have made themselves multi millionaires off it. Until enough voters get a belly full of this it will keep getting worse sadly.

Yeah... MENTAL HEALTH CRISIS!

Tho the neighborhood I grew up in had a few homeless guys that mostly just drank and did some drugs, they paid for it by mowing elderly people's lawns and collecting cans. Really nice guys actually, locals too. Things started getting bad when homeless people moved in from other places, for instance New Orleans.
Not until the past few years has my neighborhood smelled of urine...
BUILD THAT WALL!
GET PEOPLE INSTITUTIONALIZED!

Yeah... MENTAL HEALTH CRISIS!

Tho the neighborhood I grew up in had a few homeless guys that mostly just drank and did some drugs, they paid for it by mowing elderly people's lawns and collecting cans. Really nice guys actually, locals too. Things started getting bad when homeless people moved in from other places, for instance New Orleans.
Not until the past few years has my neighborhood smelled of urine...
BUILD THAT WALL!
GET PEOPLE INSTITUTIONALIZED!

Back in the day homeless had to follow the law or end up locked up. There were some who just preferred that life and like you said they would work for what they needed. They also did not crap in the street as they knew doing that would land them in jail. Now the problem is entitlement. Too many are taught that everyone else owes them something.

Last Edited:
Lol that's what you get when the "government"says it's OK do your drugs and Park your car where you want live in it even though it doesn't have a restroom I USE RESTROOM because I didn't what to say S#!+ house lol OK I said it anyway I MY SELF BEING A TRUCK DRIVER I HAVE HAD TIME'S WHEN I COULDN'T MAKE IT TO THE TRUCK STOP OR REST AREA but in a super market parking lot come on man

Back in the day homeless had to follow the law or end up locked up. There were some who just preferred that life and like you said they would work for what they needed. They also did not crap in the street as they knew doing that would land them in jail. Now the problem is entitlement. Too many are taught that everyone else owes them something.
Fourth post of the day WTF STOMMPER WHERE ARE YOU MAN

Listen I been a truck driver for over 23 year's I have seen people doing all kinds of stuff in there cars on the side of the road in parking lots and truck stops out in the middle of nowhere land but it has gotten worse in the last 5 or 6 year's or whatever people have no problem just S#!+&%$ anymore where they want when they have to go they just go there lazy and they just think what the hell someone else will clean it up so there you have it the problem is caused by us the grownups we didn't teach the kids right lol ...Oh f#$% THAT IT'S TRUMP 'S FAULT HE'S THE REASON ARE KIDS ARE S#!+!@% in the streets

I think the jails are full of actual criminals and the cops don't usually want to bother with a nuisance that just wants a warm bed and hot meal. A citation is all that is issued until somebody gets hurt.
Part of the issue is that those that want help, usually don't need it. And those that need help, usually don't want it...
Have to figure out a way to make all of these people contribute.
Give them jobs picking up litter. I'm sure the forest service could use their help. Have them repair habitat and old logging roads.
Too bad it seems the government is the only entity capable of this, as it's not a very lucrative business endeavor.

I think the jails are full of actual criminals and the cops don't usually want to bother with a nuisance that just wants a warm bed and hot meal. A citation is all that is issued until somebody gets hurt.
Part of the issue is that those that want help, usually don't need it. And those that need help, usually don't want it...
Have to figure out a way to make all of these people contribute.
Give them jobs picking up litter. I'm sure the forest service could use their help. Have them repair habitat and old logging roads.
Too bad it seems the government is the only entity capable of this, as it's not a very lucrative business endeavor.
Wrong they went down to the homeless camps in Seattle and ask them to move and if they needed help ONE CAMP UNDER THE WEST SEATTLE BRIDGE. Had 96 people there and out off the 96 people aka drug addicts guess how many accepted the help to get treatment and a place to live drug free LOL 8 ILL SAY THAT AGAIN 8 PEOPLE OUT OF 96 ACCEPT THE INVITATION FOR HELP THE OTHERS GOT PISSED OFF BECAUSE THEY WHERE TOLD TO LEAVE FROM UNDER THE BRIDGE AND TWO DAYS LATER THERE IS A FIRE AND THE WEST SEATTLE BRIDGE IS CLOSED A DAY AFTER THAT THE POLICE MOVE IN AND MOVE THEM OUT

Here's a idea Washington State has huge ferry 's let's just say we promised drugs and alcohol for all who come on the ferry called liberals dream then when the ferry is full of the people breaking into the house 's and robbing the local stores and strong arm robbing people on the streets every day OH AND LET'S NOT FORGET THE MEDICAL BILL'S INVOLVED WITH THESE PEOPLE HERE COMES THE GOOD PART LOL the ferry would go about 10 miles out to sea and push them all over board lol deep six or Davi Jones locker lol

Here's a idea Washington State has huge ferry 's let's just say we promised drugs and alcohol for all who come on the ferry called liberals dream then when the ferry is full of the people breaking into the house 's and robbing the local stores and strong arm robbing people on the streets every day OH AND LET'S NOT FORGET THE MEDICAL BILL'S INVOLVED WITH THESE PEOPLE HERE COMES THE GOOD PART LOL the ferry would go about 10 miles out to sea and push them all over board lol deep six or Davi Jones locker lol

What did you say??

You see nobody has a real solution to the drug addict problem lol come let me help you I'll tax everyone else to support you then when you relapse I'll tax them again to support you again lol F them let die in the gutter it's cheaper to cremate a person than it is to give them drug treatment over and over again I'M OUT

You see nobody has a real solution to the drug addict problem lol come let me help you I'll tax everyone else to support you then when you relapse I'll tax them again to support you again lol F them let die in the gutter it's cheaper to cremate a person than it is to give them drug treatment over and over again I'M OUT

This. The reality is that just like corporate layoffs, many people in society are just dead weight and a drain on resources. The world would literally be better without them. I'm not sure where this retarded sense of crapping out morons who have a sense of entitlement to life comes from. Get a clue we don't need more of your retards....Why do we need licenses for guns, cars, etc. yet any moron can pop out a kid or 15 that they can't support?? Anti 2A votes, that's why...

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top