JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Thanks, JBett. I tried one of those and the bamboo scoffed at it. No doubt it's good on wood limbs, vines, etc., but my petrified bamboo is a different critter altogether.

Okay, drum roll... I got a weed whacker and a saw head adapter kit. The 8-tooth blade it comes with will probably be good for "wet" stuff like blackberry brambles and brush clearing. The 80-tooth blade is another $20 but it screams like a Skilsaw when it digs in. Very satisfying.

Went with the Echo brand given all the positive reviews I've been seeing/hearing. Actually, no others seemed to have the accessories I wanted expect Stihl for twice the price. I won't be earning my living 5-7 days a week with this gear, so I rolled the dice.

Gal at HD tried to sell me the extra 2-year warranty and I pointed out it already has 5. Guy behind me in line said "You won't need it. I've had mine for 15 years and it runs like new." Gotta love a spontaneous endorsement like that!

I spent EXACTLY 10 seconds scalping off what you see here and RPMs didn't even waver. Turned it off quickly because its a nice quiet eve on my street (and, unlike the clueless slobs next door with a shrieking insect of a "dog," I show respect to my neighbors).

I'm just not a yard work sort of guy, but I'm really looking forward to mowing this stuff down. And standing up while I do it. Got a couple trees that need some limbing too. Whoo-Hoo! Gimme a week to knock it out and I'll report back here for anyone else considering the same sort of application.

Standing there admiring my handiwork, I noticed that distinctly delicious smell of burned wood, just like right after you rip something on a table saw. Even better than napalm in the morning.

echo%20array_zpsnqrezuwz.jpg
IMG_2050_zpsgtkbxdli.jpg
IMG_2056_zpslzst40ag.jpg

IMG_2055_zpslc67mch1.jpg

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR