JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
In a world of classes, some men don't?

lol
Seems like that's a play on the pre-PC HK credo of "In A World of Compromise, Some Men Don't". As HK evolved they eliminated the gender reference. My frame of reference is as a former contract instructor for them 1995-2002.

Late to this party. Sorry for the thread resurrection...

Does this online CHL for OR apply to out-of-staters as well?

I took a class here (WA) for the OR CHL, but I was supposed to make an appointment for an in-person meeting with the sheriff's office across the river.
Never got around to it, as it had to be by appointment only, during regular business hours, time off work, and this was last year before all of this lockdown crap.
Now, the 1-year certification period for the license has expired. Was gonna go through it all over again, but if this online thingy works for Washingtonians, why wouldn't I?

So, it's just a certificate that you took a class, then. Not the actual carry license. One still has to do the in-person appointment with the Sheriff, I reckon?

So, it's just a certificate that you took a class, then. Not the actual carry license. One still has to do the in-person appointment with the Sheriff, I reckon?
I'd imagine so, can't see how an on-line process would provide any type of carry license without the proper authorizing agency involved. But what do I know. The wife thinks I'm a fool...

:D

Looks like it's back to Square One for me...
Thing is, for out-of-staters, OR is a "may issue" state. I apparently need a "reason" to have a CHL in OR as a Washingtonian...

You should also call ahead, as not only are we 'may issue', but even before the Plandemic my county (Wasco) was limiting applications to Wasco Co residents only.
Thanks for the heads up. I was gonna go to Umatilla County.

Do you travel through Oregon? Recreate or do business in Oregon? I think these are valid reasons.
I do all of those things. I was told by the course instructor that I needed to have "specific" reasons for wanting the CHL. Would those you list be specific enough?
I don't feel like telling the sheriff where I go and for what purpose, who I do business with and where, and how often I just pass through the state.
I don't feel that that's any of his business...

The only questions I recall being asked were on the form itself. There was no interview. Just checking ID and taking pics. And money.
But you live in OR, right? Or did you get one when you lived in WA (if you did)?
How long ago did you get yours?

Personally, I think I will try the Utah permit route.
I was thinking of taking that route as well, more recently. It was just more expensive and I didn't need all of the states that UT covers.

Looks like it's back to Square One for me...
Thing is, for out-of-staters, OR is a "may issue" state. I apparently need a "reason" to have a CHL in OR as a Washingtonian...
Your an independent business man who regularly carries reasonable large quantities of cash and conduct business in both Washington and Oregon...

I'd go through Washington County, Sheriff Pat Garret is reasonable and protects the names of CHL holders...

Hmmmmmm... Washington County... long drive...

About 8 hours and 500 miles round trip.

But you live in OR, right? Or did you get one when you lived in WA (if you did)?
How long ago did you get yours?

But you live in OR, right? Yes, for now.

Or did you get one when you lived in WA (if you did)? Had been a Oregon resident continuously for over 20 years.

How long ago did you get yours? Almost two years ago.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top