JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
OK, but I'm a WA resident. I think that makes it more difficult for me cuz as an out-of-state applicant, I am treated as a "may issue" requester.

Last Edited:
Pat Garrett has shown independence from outside influences too.

WA county is a mix of rural, suburban and metro (somewhat - it borders on Portland) areas, some of which are challenging for law enforcement. I live about 500 yards from the county Yamhill/WA county line, just inside WA county.

I did one for $10 that was actually pretty good. Printed out the certificate and took it to the sheriff's office. They recognized the instructors name right away and said he was well reguarded. That was many years ago but I think he still offers it online at the same price.

OK, but I'm a WA resident. I think that makes it more difficult for me cuz as an out-of-state applicant, I am treated as a "may issue" requester.

I am a WA resident. It was simple. On the form where it asked the reason for applying for a concealed handgun license in Oregon, I wrote "For all lawful purposes" just like I put on my Form 1's.
I went in on my way home from work, I applied and waited a week. Got an email (or phone call, can't quite remember). Came in for fingerprints and photo. 30ish days later I had my out of state resident Oregon CHL. And this was in Portland, at the Multnomah county sheriffs office off of burnside.

I think you're over thinking it.

Thank you for that! I will attempt it again...
Good luck!
I myself also used one of those "pay to print" courseS as some call it. I've had a decent amount of training in my lifetime and I have carried for the last 9 years with many years of training under my belt before then as well.
The course is just an easy loophole to get your permit without having to go to a handgun safety class. I think some ppl on here are thinking people really consider it a real training course. It's not. It's just an easy print out to jump through the hoop to get your Oregon CHL. I would never recommend one of these quick online courses to a new gun owner/shooter over a well known in-person instructor based course.
I do, however, recommend anyone who already knows what they're doing and needs an Oregon CHL to use this method to avoid having to wait for a in-person class to become available.

Thanks for the G2, Gunbuggy.

BTW, love your avatar. Trailer Park Boys is (are???? o_O) some awesomely good stuff!

This would be a good place to start. Yes, this online class like many others will satisfy the need for the OR CHL. I would suggest also taking a firearm safety class in person, no matter how much of an expert you think you might be. Everybody can learn from them.

I have taken so many different firearms training classes over the last several years, I don't think there's much left that any basic firearms safety class can teach me now.
I did take the I-1639 class that's required to be taken in order to purchase firearms in WA after June 30, 2019. The only reason I took that class was so that I could buy more schtuff, if I decided I wanted my purchasing habits tracked...

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top