JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Cant remember the URL but got an ad on my computer for concealed for OR and went to it. It was VERY BASIC and had about 7 questions, of course I assed, a 3rd grader could. Then they want about 35 bucks for the cert. There is SO much no know about concealed carry. Laws, scenarios, etc. How could this be legit?

Cant remember the URL but got an ad on my computer for concealed for OR and went to it. It was VERY BASIC and had about 7 questions, of course I assed, a 3rd grader could. Then they want about 35 bucks for the cert. There is SO much no know about concealed carry. Laws, scenarios, etc. How could this be legit?
I had my wife do one online for $20 and they issue the certificate.

I can't for the life of me remember the website, I always tag @Kruel J because he was the one I think posted it up a few years back.

:)

Some people get through college by coat-tailing/cheating. You are just kidding yourself with a magic piece of paper, man.. no matter the "price".

Some people get through college by coat-tailing/cheating. You are just kidding yourself with a magic piece of paper, man.. no matter the "price".

I would ONLY recommend the online route for someone that has already received training and is comfortable with CC.

I did mine online here in OR but I also have had lots of classes and a CC permit in WA for 15 years.

Tell me how you feel about states with constitutional carry?

I run into issues with the whole EZPass permit/license thing... I'm flexible and mostly argue w myself.

On one hand: 2A.

On the other: irresponsible people who happen to also be gun owners.

The whole permitting scheme rubs me wrong. Untrained dopes w guns skeeve me out too.

The 10A doesn't say that powers not enumerated in Art 1, Sec 8 are relegated solely to state legislatures. It says "... to the states ORThe PEOPLE".

There is not a legislative solution to every problem, that much is obvious. Laws are nothing but prosecutorial tools... they don't stop anyone from doing anything. Criminals gonna criminal and, apart from a few painful-to-watch YouTube videos, do the clueless gun-dummies even register on the homocide/assault stats?

A free society is dangerous, there are no guarantees on safety. I'd hope and wish (in my left hand, waiting for it to fill up) that everyone who owns and/or carries a gun would avail themselves of training and lots of practice... but do I want the government mandating it? There are few, if any, experts* on anything (other than government) in government... they are the WRONG bunch to handle pretty much everything and in no way deserve the reverence with which they are treated.

*My former FIL would say, "You know what an EXPERT is? An EX is a has-been, and a SPURT is a drip under pressure". He was kind of a d¡ck, but sometimes right.

Person buys gun - No one bats an eye.

Person bypasses stupid permission system to get carry license - Everyone looses their minds.

At my old warehouse job a buddy I knew took his test via online course. Got his CHL just fine. I think no matter how well or how bad a class is.. the types that don't take laws and safety seriously will always have issues.

Only folks that take a defensive lifestyle seriously will take liability and whatnot into consideration. Its human nature.

I would ONLY recommend the online route for someone that has already received training and is comfortable with CC.

I did mine online here in OR but I also have had lots of classes and a CC permit in WA for 15 years.

I had more LEO training in the military than any CC course I have every heard of offer, but my DD214 doesn't go into the details enough so it doesn't count. I have no problem taking a stupid online course to get the cert.

Now my kids, especially my daughter - I would want her to take as many courses as she can.

But I agree - it shouldn't be required, even though a lot of people would benefit from it; it is your right.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top