JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I lived in Portland for over 35 years and never saw a coyote in my neighborhood, near David Douglas High School. However, there were a few cougars running around at some of the School functions. ;)

I live up near Walter hill in Gresham. Needless to say, coyotes are a common predator out here. They can and will feast on domestic cats. We only let our cat out in the day and she stays in eyesight distance or she comes back in.

You'll know if there are coyotes around when you see pieces of cat. Our neighbor found his cat's head in his lawn several years back.

They roll thru raid pet food off porches garbage and any animal smaller than them.Ive never seen one get a raccoon. Might be to much of a fight

They roll thru raid pet food off porches garbage and any animal smaller than them.Ive never seen one get a raccoon. Might be to much of a fight
Oh yea. All predators weigh risk / reward when they eat. They will be bolder as they get hungrier of course. These guys would I am sure take a young Racoon if one was left alone by parents but few would openly attack an adult unless they were at the point of starvation. The reason these things live so well around humans is all the low hanging fruit so to speak, food wise.

Economy Parking at PDX in August
70138BEE-7947-48A7-8A07-62D16ABB3F0A.jpeg

9360A241-3EF2-422E-819C-5A9F576BBC11.jpeg

My neighborhood a few miles outside of Corvallis is coyote free. Maybe because of the resident cougar? I do hear coyotes singing on the next ridge occasionally, though.

Yep we have had a few reports of yotes in town here in Anacortes.
Lol cats missing small dogs.
So on and so on.
A few people seeing them around at night.
Can't use a gun because I am in town.
But I got a bow. Ready.
Lol MVIMG_20191214_144201.jpg MVIMG_20191214_144113.jpg

Whenever I see coyotes I like to yell "bad dog" at them until they run away--I don't want them eating all the animals I'm feeding in my yard:eek:
Yotes don't bother me.
I grew up in the Mojave desert.
They were every where.
But they are a big deal when someone See's them in the city.
Lol on the island that my sister lives on they have lots of deer and everyone has no hunting signs every where.
But they also have lots of coyotes.
And everyone is complaining about the yotes.
Mmmmmmm .
I wonder what could be done.

I work graveyards in a Portland OR industrial park, I see coyotes - or maybe the same coyote - twice a month or so.

We are backed up on a big greenspace so it's not that surprising. Also see rabbits and skunks.

My neighborhood a few miles outside of Corvallis is coyote free. Maybe because of the resident cougar?
Hard to say - maybe the yotes are there but highly stealthy.
Yotes and cougars seem to coexist fairly well. We have a number of cougars in my area as well as yotes.

Find a spot outside of town with cover and concealment and try calling them!
Well that is kinda a plan .
Like I said there are some on the Island where my sister lives.
They come into her yard all the time.
I got my bow.
And I got my sister her Christmas present.
Lol .
A bow purple PSE FEVER .
I been buying parts and setting it up for the last few weeks.
Got it done today .
Except for the release and the hand sling. MVIMG_20191214_145339.jpg MVIMG_20191214_145352.jpg MVIMG_20191214_145422.jpg

Yotes don't bother me.
I grew up in the Mojave desert.
They were every where.
But they are a big deal when someone See's them in the city.
Lol on the island that my sister lives on they have lots of deer and everyone has no hunting signs every where.
But they also have lots of coyotes.
And everyone is complaining about the yotes.
Mmmmmmm .
I wonder what could be done.

I met a kid years ago who said he had been attacked by a group of coyotes & he had the scars to prove it-- Everybody else said he was lying, back then nobody believed coyotes would attack a person

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top