JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
About 8pm. This thing was very tame. I was driving and stopped the car and he stayed just at the edge of the road about 10 yards away. I rolled down the window and said "come here puppy" and he didn't even care. He was eyeballing a young couple walking on the other side of the road maybe 40 yards away but only bothered to look at car a couple times. We have a lot of missing cat signs in my neighborhood. I wish I had remembered to take a video of it.

I've seen coyote in the mall 205 area in the hood just south of the mall

Last Edited:
Dude, one time there was one on the flyover-ramp (60' above ground level) at the I-84W/ I-5N interchange by the Moda Center holding up traffic while it decided to either run from the animal control officers attempting to noose it or jump over the concrete guardrail (60' above ground level).... I almost couldn't believe my eyes!

Bubblegumming scourge, they are! o_O

About 20 years ago, I saw a cat in coyote's mouth as it was leaving a subdivision.

It crossed in front of me under a street lamp. My wife and I were bike riding for fitness. (it was about 5:00 A.M.) The cat was in it's jaws upside down being held by it's shoulders as the coyote loped along with another coyote accompanying it.

It creeped us out as it's demeanor was one of utter fearlessness as it glanced at us while we ride by.

I've gotten calls from people wanting me to come and shoot coyotes that where eating cats and small dogs in se Portland, police had told them it was ok to shoot them.

I would be VERY damn careful about taking that advice. Know nothing about the laws there but the city is OK with people shooting in the city?
I looked the area over and there was no safe way to fire a shot so I turned them down, one woman had 5 coyotes living in her back yard but the brush was up to the gutters , I use a suppressed .22lr for urban work never had a complaint.

I looked the area over and there was no safe way to fire a shot so I turned them down, one woman had 5 coyotes living in her back yard but the brush was up to the gutters , I use a suppressed .22lr for urban work never had a complaint.
The "safe" would be another good concern. What would scare me is the line "The police said it was fine to shoot them". Like I said I know nothing about the law there but I would be surprised if it did indeed allow shooting in the city. People start telling others that and someone may decide to try it. If they get arrested telling the judge they heard the police said it was fine would get nothing.

Get that in signed writing from said PD, otherwise shooting inside city limits is a no go...and if some anti sees what you're doing expect a big load of...you know what...

SE Foster and 70th-ish.
They're here. Sightings every week or so. Lots of cats missing the last 1 1/2 years.

PPB told us no gun fire whatsoever. Even hinted that there *could be* some who would take actions against anyone taking things in their own hands without calling Animal Control.

The "safe" would be another good concern. What would scare me is the line "The police said it was fine to shoot them". Like I said I know nothing about the law there but I would be surprised if it did indeed allow shooting in the city. People start telling others that and someone may decide to try it. If they get arrested telling the judge they heard the police said it was fine would get nothing.
Yes the part where they told an old woman to just shoot them was kind of scary, I wanted to help cause the coyotes attacked and killed a woman's little dog while she was walking it on a leash I was hoping for a second story shot into a back yard but with brush 8 ft tall there was no way to do it.

Get that in signed writing from said PD, otherwise shooting inside city limits is a no go...and if some anti sees what you're doing expect a big load of...you know what...
Exactly. That is one thing u don't want to mess with in this town. Poeple are psycho mall cop types here.

For example: I've had poeple "turn me in" to Portland city for having too many cars (there is nothing illegal about that. I've set my used motor oil at the curb (as u are supposed to do for recycling) and bike riders get all offended and have told me they are going to get it tested. I said "knock yourself out buddy!"

I've had me and my neighbors called in due to parking on the parking strip. The courteous thing to do on the narrow road is park up a ways so traffic can get by. But psycho mall cop types will turn you in for that. This place is totally nuts that way. Most poeple here have zero common sense, are totally anti gun, and totally anti car.

Like Two dogs said ... use a supressor.
And risk going to jail, or spray paint your house etc. There r people here who will make it their life mission to make ur life hell if they even saw a dead or wounded coyote and could somehow tie it back to you. Not worth it. Poeple here are absolutely crazy that way.

My guess is at a minimum you would have false reports to police about you and your guns probably on a daily basis after they mobilize all their twitter friends against you. At a maximum there would be damage to your house etc.

I haven't seen that many trash pandas, or coyotes out here in Hillsboro, although there's probably a ton of them in some neighborhoods. What I really can't stand are the sky carp (geese). dang things are destructive and pollute everything around them. Wish they'd shoot the ones that decide to reside here all year long.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top