JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
About 8pm. This thing was very tame. I was driving and stopped the car and he stayed just at the edge of the road about 10 yards away. I rolled down the window and said "come here puppy" and he didn't even care. He was eyeballing a young couple walking on the other side of the road maybe 40 yards away but only bothered to look at car a couple times. We have a lot of missing cat signs in my neighborhood. I wish I had remembered to take a video of it.

This particular breed of dog has adapted extremely well to urban life. They find an endless supply of food from being close to humans and need a very small area to stay safe during the day. We see them at work all the time and will often let you get very close to them. Cats and small dogs are often on the menu for dinner for them.

East side. I've Never seen one around here before but I knew they were in Portland. We have lots of raccoons around here. What surprised me is he didn't even care or barely take any notice of me talking to him so close. They must be really tame. Or maybe they r just really smart, knowing no one would ever shoot them around here.

I wish they would eat more non-native squirrels. The number of squirrels around here is nuts. Ever year the squirrels decimate the figs, eat all the bamboo shoots, and chew through the drip lines. I know one guy on the west side who trapped over 100 in his urban yard in one year. Times that by how many yards and the number of non-native squirrels would be in the millions around here.

East side. I've Never seen one around here before but I knew they were in Portland. We have lots of raccoons around here. What surprised me is he didn't even care or barely take any notice of me talking to him so close. They must be really tame. Or maybe they r just really smart, knowing no one would ever shoot them around here.
The lack of fear comes from exactly that, no one being able to shoot them. Some people feed them too, thinking it's cute. This often leads to someone having to get Rabies vaccine when they get bitten by one they have tamed.
When I lived in the SW we had the same problem with the wild pigs of the desert. They are a smaller breed and also learned to feed close to humans. Many would feed them thinking it was cute, until they tried to pet one. They soon found out they were not so cute then :s0140:

I wish they would eat more non-native squirrels. The number of squirrels around here is nuts. Ever year the squirrels decimate the figs, eat all the bamboo shoots, and chew through the drip lines. I know one guy on the west side who trapped over 100 in his urban yard in one year. Times that by how many yards and the number of non-native squirrels would be in the millions around here.
I have often heard them referred to as bushy tailed rats :s0140:

The lack of fear comes from exactly that, no one being able to shoot them. Some people feed them too, thinking it's cute. This often leads to someone having to get Rabies vaccine when they get bitten by one they have tamed.
When I lived in the SW we had the same problem with the wild pigs of the desert. They are a smaller breed and also learned to feed close to humans. Many would feed them thinking it was cute, until they tried to pet one. They soon found out they were not so cute then :s0140:
I could totally see poeple feeding them. We have ijits around here who feed crows. In downtown they r spending who knows how much to hire specially trained hawks to chase them away to keep the crow poop from getting too deep. And here people r feeding them.

I could totally see poeple feeding them. We have ijits around here who feed crows. In downtown they r spending who knows how much to hire specially trained hawks to chase them away to keep the crow poop from getting too deep. And here people r feeding them.
City here has for decades played hell with people feeding waterfowl. The Canada Geese are the worst. Make one hell mess. One park had a woman who would show up with a huge bag of dog food scattering it for them. So City has spent a LOT of money trying to find a solution. I always said simple, feed the poor :s0140:

I used to live off of NW 185th in Rock Creek. There was a garage sale going on 2 doors away on a Saturday morning(11am). I pulled out of my driveway to see a full grown coyote standing in the middle of the street. It took off and ran down a flag lot driveway at full speed not more than 20 ft from the crowd. They never saw it for what it was. Turns out a pack lived up a dry creek right in the middle of a subdivision about 3 blocks away. Usually when you see one there are 2 or 3 more hidden away.

As to the crows downtown around Pioneer Square. Was down there at 5:30am and the trees were full of thousands of them! By 7am they were all gone. Everyone of them. Think the traffic moved them on.

As to the crows downtown around Pioneer Square. Was down there at 5:30am and the trees were full of thousands of them! By 7am they were all gone. Everyone of them. Think the traffic moved them on.
The Murder's (flocks) seem to have certain places they start their day at. Couple decades back they built a new Wal-Mart that must have been built on their spot. When we would go there this time of year when I got off work it was like something out of a movie. Still almost dark, the parking lot would be covered with Crows. As it would start to get light they would drift off in different directions a handful at a time until they were all gone. The same thing would repeat every day. It was bizarre to watch the first few times. Really freaked my Wife out for a while.

When I was working on the PDX parking garage expansion, they would have you park in a gravel lot a few miles from the airport. Like clockwork, I would get a male cruising through just before daylight. It was cool to see him navigate the curbs & intersections, under the streetlamps.He knew his streets better than me,

They roam the neighborhoods at night around our place in Mesa AZ

I think the OP was referring to one of these:

1572234241225.png

Not one of these:

1572234277555.png

Relax, It's a joke...

I saw a couple with three mature pups running down the street in ontavilla once.
The worst I've ever seen was a stray lab tho, that thing was vicious!

I feel bad for the pets that get eaten, but coyotes gotta eat too!
Also, if ya leave a pet outside, chances are it could get eaten...

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top