JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Surely they'll stop it in the neighborhoods, I mean unless of course they're defunded or neutered like the left wants.

Or maybe they're busy looking for a real criminal threat like a jaywalking suspect or someone not wearing a mask in the store.
They'll be too busy rounding up and prosecuting "vigilantes."

For me, I have no problem with protecting property, while armed.

So then......
Not starting an argument....
Just thinking out loud (since the A.A. case).

How stuff ends.....might just/could be/would be depending on if you had the SG up at your shoulder/pointing at the suspect. But more so....say if you were of a different race vs the culprit.

In the rjmt case. Say that the guy tells the news/police....
"Damm homeowner.....he confronted me with a loaded SG. I was in fear that he was gonna shoot me."

So maybe, shouldered or not.....perhaps the news media and community might just start with making it entirely into a racial issue.

And, some people might say/will probably say that you shouldn't have come upon the suspect/confronted the suspect with SG in hand. Just call 911 or only concealed handguns are acceptable. No signs of arms is permissible until the culprit shows that he is armed.

Really? And, WAIT, Wait, wait.....is it Monday already?
I paid for a really expensive college degree for my daughter in Criminal Justice - she is my legal advisor
if I have a Mossberg Shockwave on a Silent Sling hanging from my shoulder, with a 20 rnd bandoleer of 12 ga draped across my body,
and I'm on my own 5 acres, in Washington state, 100' from the county road system, I'm not threatening anyone
IF I activate the green saddle laser on the Shockwave and point this laser at someone's chest - THEN I'm threatening!!!

shockwave with bandolier.jpg

Your portrayal of the event has changed. You were clearly hoping to attack the guy you were following and perform something like a citizens arrest. You had to actually be told by dispatch not to. This is the first you said anything about the bad guy attempting to enter other homes. Very strange not to mention this, as if it was real and you told it to dispatch that would likely have changed your situation into attempted home invasions in progress and their top priority. Your graphic portrayal of a good guy having his wife raped in his own home in front of him and being legally unable to defend himself while bad guy attacks him with a bat is legally ridiculous and completely unrelated to the incident you portrayed initially. I repeat my advice--stop running around with a concealed weapon until you have taken a course and got your concealed license. You don't know enough to be carrying concealed yet.
My portrayal hasn't changed a bit, didn't mention the other doors previously for brevity, to give a full account of EVERYTHING, I'm not that good or fast at typing, and often lose my train of thought while typing.

I had no wants or fantasies involved other then this dude not being allowed to continue through the neighborhood doing whatever he pleased.

My ask of restraining him was after he started through someone's yard towards a fence, the previous " chase" was on the street and through an alley, and with how long id been on the phone it was appearing that the police may not show up for 45 minutes ( it took at least that long when I called about my window getting smashed)

Id already committed to seeing this through and if it'd gone to the next level " hands on" then if would have been nice to have it noted that it only went there as a last step.

Theres probably a bunch in still not mentioning, for 1, they asked for a description, which even walking right behind the guy I couldn't do, because its dark and there are very few street lamps in my neighborhood.

Another thing not mentioned about 6-8 months ago a retiree was murdered for coming outside to see why some tweeker was out vandalizing the community youth garden by his house, the guy who killed him thankfully pulled his gun when the cops tried to arrest him, and the trash was taken out ( perp dead fahuq him anyways)

But the idea that a felon is going to " not carry" because they don't have a ccl is not just stupid its retarded.

Plus I clearly DIDNT have a gun, I said right in my original accounting that I grabbed "something (not an hk pistol) off the nightstand.

Might have been a pack of gum, or the remote, or a gunfree zone sign that I take with me when following criminals.

Also not mentioned the police station is less then 5 minutes from here, so they should have gotten off their f-ing A's and done their job.

And my graphic whatever whatever, is simply extrapolating and extending the very logic you use, to defend some POS that you don't even know.

Now there were a couple more points I wanted to make but that above took me a long time to type on my phone and I've lost track of what those other points were.

If I remember those points later and bring them up, they will clearly be fabrications, and changing my story.

I paid for a really expensive college degree for my daughter in Criminal Justice - she is my legal advisor
if I have a Mossberg Shockwave on a Silent Sling hanging from my shoulder, with a 20 rnd bandoleer of 12 ga draped across my body,
and I'm on my own 5 acres, in Washington state, 100' from the county road system, I'm not threatening anyone
IF I activate the green saddle laser on the Shockwave and point this laser at someone's chest - THEN I'm threatening!!!

View attachment 1078371
Ummmm not to start anything but.....

You wouldn't happen to know anything Bout this would ya?

I read a great number of small businesses have closed over covid regulations. Like a lion tasting humans the mob is being fed free looting and once they taste it they can't quit eating it. Stores then the rich neighborhoods then our neighbors. Hopefully folks will stick together but it looks like they wont.
The looters in CA have made the mistake of looting the place the elites shop. I'm thinking the recent SF incident where the commie DA got all hot and bothered. I mean, it's one thing when the mob is running mom-and-pops into the ground, but loot a Gucci? bubblegum's gonna hit fan in that case.

Ummmm not to start anything but.....

You wouldn't happen to know anything Bout this would ya?

I read this and checked with my daughter
don't have enough accurate information
the OP says his wife was on a county road - the property owner and deputies says she was on private property
if - in fact - she was on private property, the property owner was within his rights under Washington law
he may have been an A-wipe - but within his rights
but I was not there

being a retired Medical Customer Support Engineer, I have an alignment laser from a radiation therapy unit - 110v argon-ion gas laser - not a weapons laser
I can illuminate a barn 500 ryds away with this thing
I once pointed it at an intruder on my property and was reported - Sheriff says I was justified since it was an illumination laser, not a weapons laser
does the OP on your link know for sure this was a weapons laser?

That's because the rich are his base.

In Portland, looting the high end shops doesn't motivate the SODA (SOrosDA) because the elites there just browse that kind of store, but don't buy anything because they are cheapskates, and they go to Seattle or San Francisco to buy their expensive purchases so they can lord it over the peasantry.

I read this and checked with my daughter
don't have enough accurate information
the OP says his wife was on a county road - the property owner and deputies says she was on private property
if - in fact - she was on private property, the property owner was within his rights under Washington law
he may have been an A-wipe - but within his rights
but I was not there

being a retired Medical Customer Support Engineer, I have an alignment laser from a radiation therapy unit - 110v argon-ion gas laser - not a weapons laser
I can illuminate a barn 500 ryds away with this thing
I once pointed it at an intruder on my property and was reported - Sheriff says I was justified since it was an illumination laser, not a weapons laser
does the OP on your link know for sure this was a weapons laser?
for you people who remember your High School physics, you know an argon laser has a wavelength of 450 nm and a green weapons laser has a wavelength of 560 nm - the red lasers are a 640
not hard to tell the difference

for you people who remember your High School physics, you know an argon laser has a wavelength of 450 nm and a green weapons laser has a wavelength of 560 nm - the red lasers are a 640
not hard to tell the difference
The color kinda gives it away in case anyone left their laser wavelength measuring device at home.

:D

None of them. I'm not about to go chasing people down the street after they have left the area near my home and make matters worse, until I have to pull the trigger on someone.

Just figured I'd throw this in here there are a few that think you can't prevent someone from leaving a crime scene.

ORS 161.205 states you may use physical force upon another person:

• A person may use physical force upon another person in self-defense or in defending a third person, in defending property, in making an arrest or in preventing an escape. (partial citation)
ORS 161.219 states you may use deadly physical force:

• When a person is committing or attempting to commit a felony involving the use or threatened imminent use of physical force against a person.
  • When a person is committing or attempting to commit a burglary in a dwelling.
  • When a person is using or about to use unlawful deadly physical force against a person.

Note:

ORS 161.219 states you may use deadly force when a person is committing or attempting to commit a burglary in a dwelling. This is not wholly accurate. In Tennessee v. Garner, the United States Supreme Court held that you must also be able to articulate the following when using deadly force.

1. You must feel that, more likely than not, the person poses a threat of causing serious physical harm to you or another.
  2. There must be an immediate danger to you or others.
  3. You must feel that, more likely than not, the person has committed a crime involving the use or threatened use of serious physical harm.
  4. If feasible, issue a verbal warning before using deadly force.

Last edited by a moderator:
ORS 161.209 explains that a person is justified in using physical force upon another person for self-defense or to defend a third person from what the person reasonably believes to be the use or imminent use of unlawful physical force, and the person may use a degree of force which the person reasonably believes to be necessary to stop the threat.

For example, you are in a parking lot and see a man kicking another unconscious man in the head. You may use the amount of force necessary to stop the man from kicking the other in the head, including deadly force, but only if you feel further kicking may cause serious physical injury to or the death of the victim.

So now that the government mandate is causing police and firemen to quit effectively reducing protection is it still the right call to stand back and wait for the cops?

Find out and get back to us. Really the only reason to call a cop is to get a incident report number for insurance purposes, suing someone, or proving ownership later down the line. I will never call a cop unless it's already after an incident has occurred. Any life threatening scenarios are gonna be done and over with by the time I pick up a phone. I'll either be dead or reporting a body and then asking for my lawyer.

Last Edited:
Do you mean carefully considered cowardice? If so, yes. First, its legitimate for different people to have different levels of compassion and be willing to take different levels of risk to help others in various circumstances. People are different. And some have kids at home, others dont. Second, its also legitimate to take your own capabilities into account.

During a discussion among friends, back when I was a young broad, someone asked the group whether we would jump into a river in winter to save a baby being swept away. (We were talking about the Hudson River after Sully landed a plane on it, and people were crowded on the wings in danger of being swept away.) I said sure immediately, surprising everyone. But I pointed out that I would not be being especially brave. I am an excellent long distance swimmer, and had once swum four miles across a lake in the Adirondacks in very early spring when the ice was barely off it, and everyone else was still wearing parkas. So I knew I could swim in frigid water. (I was accompanied by my husband in a guide boat, so was taking no risk.) Furthermore, I had spent much time on rivers as a kid. I know how to evaluate and work with rather than fight the currents. But if we were talking about running into a burning house to save the baby, no. Someone else would have to do that. My lungs don't deal with smoke well. Being brave in the burning house scenario would most likely just exacerbate the emergency by adding myself as an additional victim.

Now that I'm a 75 year old Old Broad, all I gotta say is the baby better choose a much smaller river. Or better yet, a little creek where I can just wade in.
Actually this was what I had in mind for 'White Feather'.
carlos_hathcock_ii_by_agenthotman_deensot-fullview.jpg

Find out and get back to us. Really the only reason to call a cop is to get a incident report number for insurance purposes, suing someone, or proving ownership later down the line. I will never call a cop unless it's already after an incident has occurred. Any life threatening scenarios are gonna be done and over with by the time I pick up a phone. I'll either be dead or reporting a body and then asking for my lawyer.
:D it's all good when you are rough and tuff like alligator baggies and the only one you have to think about is yourself. Men with families would probably be more concerned as they work away from home and due to cop shortages their families have nowhere to turn. You see it here that folks don't care what happens and are unwilling to risk getting involved. Fewer cops means longer times to wait on a 911 call.

Have a great day and time for me to move on again.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top