JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I know a guy that tried to defend his home with an SKS.
Shots were exchanged. No one hit.
This guy got 11 years in the Big House.
In at 22 and out at 33.

Be d**n sure that you have no other choice.
I know a guy that murdered a man and spent 22 years in prison out of his 25 year sentence. Said he would do it again without hesitation because the man was getting his young kids on dope. Choices we make .

I honestly don't give a flying F about any of my neighbors anymore, I'll run off tweekers and scumbags.

Only for the fact that if I let them pull they're ish near my house the next time it could be my house.

My neighbors are all cowards and trash, they all defend meth heads and POS' that I run off, they can all f-cking burn.
Turns out I'm completely full of bubblegume, so a few hours ago I'm in my house changing into my workout clothes, getting ready to do some deadlift, squats and overhead press.

And I heard a big commotion outside, so in my underwear I run out onto the porch and the neighbors across the street are screaming at some guy who is actively trying to break into their house (even while they're yelling at him)

I really don't like these particular neighbors, a few years ago they filed a false police report against me and said I was discharging a firearm in my front yard at squirrels. This was back when I was working graveyard shift and was asleep during the day when all this allegedly happened.

So needless to say I don't like these people, so I went inside.

But then I started thinking this could be the guy that vandalized my car.

So I threw on shorts and a hoodie, and grabbed something off the nightstand ( it was definitely not an HK pistol, as I don't have a ccl, and that'd be illegal)

I popped back outside and saw dude running off through the alley so I took off running after him. I followed for about 5 minutes (we were walking after about 2 minutes) and then I realized he was either high AF or insane. ( he was having a screaming match with himself, and acting just all around nutty)

So I continued following him, and got on the phone with springfield pd, gave them a rundown of what happened and where we were, and asked what would happen legally if i were to tackle and detain him.

They were very insistent that I not do this so I continued following him and keeping them appraised of our location.

When the female officer arrived she was super cute 😍, I told her "I got your back" she said "that's ok I got back up coming"

Her additional officers showed up, and i left.

Would have never tried to seriously injure or kill the guy over my neighbors stuff, but the idea of him getting away and having it in his head that my street is easy pickings doesn't sit well with me.

If he had gotten combative, I would have gotten after him with my fists, had he pulled a weapon, things would have gotten really bad for him.

Anything we let happen to our neighbors we invite similar situations to happen to us, I also don't like hiding , and would rather face the situation when it presents itself.

Lots to think about here, especially given your lack of a CHL...

Is "White Feather" an option?
Do you mean carefully considered cowardice? If so, yes. First, its legitimate for different people to have different levels of compassion and be willing to take different levels of risk to help others in various circumstances. People are different. And some have kids at home, others dont. Second, its also legitimate to take your own capabilities into account.

During a discussion among friends, back when I was a young broad, someone asked the group whether we would jump into a river in winter to save a baby being swept away. (We were talking about the Hudson River after Sully landed a plane on it, and people were crowded on the wings in danger of being swept away.) I said sure immediately, surprising everyone. But I pointed out that I would not be being especially brave. I am an excellent long distance swimmer, and had once swum four miles across a lake in the Adirondacks in very early spring when the ice was barely off it, and everyone else was still wearing parkas. So I knew I could swim in frigid water. (I was accompanied by my husband in a guide boat, so was taking no risk.) Furthermore, I had spent much time on rivers as a kid. I know how to evaluate and work with rather than fight the currents. But if we were talking about running into a burning house to save the baby, no. Someone else would have to do that. My lungs don't deal with smoke well. Being brave in the burning house scenario would most likely just exacerbate the emergency by adding myself as an additional victim.

Now that I'm a 75 year old Old Broad, all I gotta say is the baby better choose a much smaller river. Or better yet, a little creek where I can just wade in.

Turns out I'm completely full of bubblegume, so a few hours ago I'm in my house changing into my workout clothes, getting ready to do some deadlift, squats and overhead press.

And I heard a big commotion outside, so in my underwear I run out onto the porch and the neighbors across the street are screaming at some guy who is actively trying to break into their house (even while they're yelling at him)

I really don't like these particular neighbors, a few years ago they filed a false police report against me and said I was discharging a firearm in my front yard at squirrels. This was back when I was working graveyard shift and was asleep during the day when all this allegedly happened.

So I threw on shorts and a hoodie, and grabbed something off the nightstand ( it was definitely not an HK pistol, as I don't have a ccl, and that'd be illegal)

I popped back outside and saw dude running off through the alley so I took off running after him. I followed for about 5 minutes (we were walking after about 2 minutes) and then I realized he was either high AF or insane. ( he was having a screaming match with himself, and acting just all around nutty)

So I continued following him, and got on the phone with springfield pd, gave them a rundown of what happened and where we were, and asked what would happen legally if i were to tackle and detain him.

They were very insistent that I not do this so I continued following him and keeping them appraised of our location.

When the female officer arrived she was super cute 😍, I told her "I got your back" she said "that's ok I got back up coming"

Would have never tried to seriously injure or kill the guy over my neighbors stuff, but the idea of him getting away and having it in his head that my street is easy pickings doesn't sit well with me.

If he had gotten combative, I would have gotten after him with my fists, had he pulled a weapon, things would have gotten really bad for him.

Anything we let happen to our neighbors we invite similar situations to happen to us, I also don't like hiding , and would rather face the situation when it presents itself.
The funny part is that "super cute" officer would have likely arrested you without a second thought when your potential confrontation with the guy, someone who you had no legal cause to confront, turned violent, possibly ending with you discharging your firearm during the interaction to defend yourself. Despite your viewpoints, this would likely be viewed by the prosecuting attorney as you being the aggressor and face charges as a result.

Any attorney would cringe reading your account.

My dad and I came to the help of a woman being beat in the street by her boyfriend on our residential block. Some dispute over parental matters, they were old teenagers or young 20's. No physical force was ultimately used, although the guy threatened us a bunch. He ultimate spent time in jail after my dad convinced her to press charges because the abuse would only get worse. The point being - in that scenario we had more cause than you did, there was someone actively getting the crap beat out of them. In your situation it was tense, but ultimately resulted in nothing more than property damage and your following of this guy could have ruined your life had it gone bad.

I'm not advocating for cowardice, or letting bad people off the hook - I'm just saying you have to consider your response compared to the law and what you are potentially risking as a result for little to no reward.

Only thing I would hi light for you in your story: "what if he got it in his head your street was easy pickins?"
Answer ; he's probably got tons more stuff jumping into and falling out of his head all the time. Wandering weirdos tend to wander.

Btw , you should have held off to the side and asked officer hottie for her business card , post incident. Missed opportunity for some sweet strange my friend.

Only thing I would hi light for you in your story: "what if he got it in his head your street was easy pickins?"
Answer ; he's probably got tons more stuff jumping into and falling out of his head all the time. Wandering weirdos tend to wander.

Btw , you should have held off to the side and asked officer hottie for her business card , post incident. Missed opportunity for some sweet strange my friend.
I'm a lot bolder following/ confronting weirdos then I am trying to get digits, I'm pretty cowardly in that dept. 🤷‍♂️

Oakland security guard has died from a bullet wound he suffered after the retired cop was shot while he protected reporters at the scene of an armed robbery in the crime-ravaged Bay Area
Kevin Nibubbleguma, a father of two and grandfather of three, was on assignment to guard the KRON4 team as it was reporting on the latest smash-and-grab raid in California on Wednesday when a robber targeted the TV crew for their cameras.
Nibubbleguma, a former police officer, confronted one of 12 masked robbers to protect the reporters, and the thief shot him in the lower abdomen. He was rushed to Highland Hospital to undergo surgery, but died on Saturday morning.

(Excerpt) Read more at dailymail.co.uk ...

I'm a lot bolder following/ confronting weirdos then I am trying to get digits, I'm pretty cowardly in that dept. 🤷‍♂️
This is my stock intro

" I'm really a very shy person, and it took a lot to work up the nerve to ask you. It's just that I've never felt chemistry like this before. Maybe I'm just finally coming out of my shell because I feel something I've never felt before ".

That's worked at least twice for one night stands , and at least one girlfriend.

Anything we let happen to our neighbors we invite similar situations to happen to us, I also don't like hiding , and would rather face the situation when it presents ii...

@PaulF , I think you were on very thin ice trying to run down potential bad guy, just guessing he might have done something else on some other occassion. The way I call it is that you were the aggressor. You chased the guy for no reason at all except you imagined he might have been the one who vandalized your property on some other occasion. But you had no reason for thinking that. And even if you knew for sure because you had seen whoever did the vandalism against you, chasing him down now, much later, still makes you legally the aggressor. And had you tried to retain the guy just using your fists, it would have been assault.

You say had he pulled a weapon when you tried to detain him using your fists, things would have got very bad for him. Implying you would have shot him with the handgun you were carrying illegally because you had no concealed permit. Had he pulled a gun or knife and you shot him it would also be very bad for you. It would not be SD. It would be some degree of assault, murder, or manslaughter against you. And serious prison time. Had he killed you in the fight, it WOULD have been SD for him. All his interactions with you on this day had been running from and trying to escape you. You were totally the aggressor.

I suspect a cop, female or not, cute or not, does NOT want to hear a citizen she doesn't know saying "I got your back." Especially one far from his own property chasing down a guy who had done nothing to him. You were essentially claiming the status of a deputized citizen. She politely rejected that attempt. Your going home when her backup arrived was the right move. I think what cops most need from ordinary citizens when they have a situation is for us to get out of the way so we don't get confused for a bad guy or otherwise complicate the situation.

I realize you were trying to be a good guy and protect your entire neighborhood. I appreciate and honor that protectiveness. But I beseech you to read a bit more about the use of lethal force so as to not get yourself in trouble unnecessarily. Perhaps take a course especially noted for that and get your CHP. We need all the good protective men we've got, safe and out of jail.

Interesting, if a foreign invader comes into our town and neighborhood then we say we will fight to protect our neighbors and property.
Military invasion of my property, oddly enough something I've thought about before. Who knows how many people down through history have looked out their window to see olive green (or whatever) uniforms walking across their property. If I see North Korean soldiers walking across my place, they may keep on going because I'm not saying a word to them.

Oakland security guard has died from a bullet wound he suffered after the retired cop was shot while he protected reporters at the scene of an armed robbery in the crime-ravaged Bay Area
Kevin Nibubbleguma, a father of two and grandfather of three, was on assignment to guard the KRON4 team as it was reporting on the latest smash-and-grab raid in California on Wednesday when a robber targeted the TV crew for their cameras.
Nibubbleguma, a former police officer, confronted one of 12 masked robbers to protect the reporters, and the thief shot him in the lower abdomen. He was rushed to Highland Hospital to undergo surgery, but died on Saturday morning.

(Excerpt) Read more at dailymail.co.uk ...
Nibubblegumma? Come on the censors are ridiculous sometimes.

Kevin Nishіta is the security guard killed. That's a sad story, that CA cares so little about its citizens.

Hope some of those scum end up over at the Gavin Newsome residence.

@PaulF , I think you were on very thin ice trying to run down potential bad guy, just guessing he might have done something else on some other occassion. The way I call it is that you were the aggressor. You chased the guy for no reason at all except you imagined he might have been the one who vandalized your property on some other occasion. But you had no reason for thinking that. And even if you knew for sure because you had seen whoever did the vandalism against you, chasing him down now, much later, still makes you legally the aggressor. And had you tried to retain the guy just using your fists, it would have been assault.

You say had he pulled a weapon when you tried to detain him using your fists, things would have got very bad for him. Implying you would have shot him with the handgun you were carrying illegally because you had no concealed permit. Had he pulled a gun or knife and you shot him it would also be very bad for you. It would not be SD. It would be some degree of assault, murder, or manslaughter against you. And serious prison time. Had he killed you in the fight, it WOULD have been SD for him. All his interactions with you on this day had been running from and trying to escape you. You were totally the aggressor.

I suspect a cop, female or not, cute or not, does NOT want to hear a citizen she doesn't know saying "I got your back." Especially one far from his own property chasing down a guy who had done nothing to him. You were essentially claiming the status of a deputized citizen. She politely rejected that attempt. Your going home when her backup arrived was the right move. I think what cops most need from ordinary citizens when they have a situation is for us to get out of the way so we don't get confused for a bad guy or otherwise complicate the situation.

I realize you were trying to be a good guy and protect your entire neighborhood. I appreciate and honor that protectiveness. But I beseech you to read a bit more about the use of lethal force so as to not get yourself in trouble unnecessarily. Perhaps take a course especially noted for that and get your CHP. We need all the good protective men we've got, safe and out of jail.
The problem i have with your assessment is that in all i followed him for 15 minutes the police were busy looking for a hit and run driver who was possibly driving high/drunk so they didn't prioritize an active home invasion.

And guess what turns out this was the guy who had also done the hit and run, so weather they appreciated my help or not, they got it. And my neighbor to one side who is a single woman In her 70s, and my neighbors to my other side who are a young couple with a 1 year old, don't have to worry that this A-hole is going to come back and invade their home.

It could have gone bad but it didn't, as far as me being the aggressor, I kept enough distance between us that he would have had to make a very conscious effort to get after me and at that point it makes him the aggressor 100%.

Not being followed is a right permitted to those not actively comiting felonies, at the time I didn't know about his hit and run but I did witness him trying to force entry into my across the street neighbors home, and that's enough for me.

We as a people and a society should look out for each other more, even in this scenario the deciding factor for me was my car being vandalized, this should not have been a factor but it was, I should have wanted to intervene based solely on what I witnessed him doing.

But regardless of motive, I feel I did the right thing, no one is hurt and only a multiple felony went to jail, so no harm no foul.

This is my stock intro

" I'm really a very shy person, and it took a lot to work up the nerve to ask you. It's just that I've never felt chemistry like this before. Maybe I'm just finally coming out of my shell because I feel something I've never felt before ".

That's worked at least twice for one night stands , and at least one girlfriend.
Yeah, but what you didn't know was that those two one nighters would have said yes to anything…

:s0090:

And she could have played Cops & Robbers with you!
Really fun game, trust me... :)

1638053874306.jpeg

Last Edited:
This is my stock intro

Playin' the sympathy-phuq card again, I see, eh, Knob? :s0140:

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews