JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Which one of these heroes are you? What lengths will you go to to defend your neighbor's property? Who will you encourage to come along for your adventures? Asking for me and for friends in Laurelhurst.

Hmmmm....Depends.

Just what is the situation....?
Do I like you....?
Do you owe me money...?

Seriously though....defend / protect from what...?
And...does their Idea of defense and mine align....?
Andy

Folks have a view of what property is. Some say it's replaceable by insurance so don't fret losing it. Others see property as that which they gave up life to obtain and theft is stealing life itself, especially if you don't have life enough to replace it. Like a small business that the owner puts his heart and soul into only to have commies burn it down, how does he get back all his heart and soul?

I've been asked by several neighbors to come over when they had "situations"
many of my neighbors travel or work nights and their family is there alone during the week
but we live on property in remote Clark Co
people who live on privately owned real property are allowed to defend it - the Sheriff is 20 min out at best
the closest I had to get to a confrontation was several shotgun blast in the air from 100 yrds away at 2:30 in the morning
all I saw was spitting gravel and tail lights by the time I walked across the field

None of the above. All four of those guys unnecessarily put themselves in the spot of risking their lives and freedom for someone elses property. Nobody elses bubblegum means enough to me to risk the same. Except for the sake of protecting the lives of my wife and kids, I'm not going to risk it all by bringing a firearm into ANY situation. Let the property owners be responsible for their stuff, just like I am solely responsible for what's mine.

What lengths will you go to to defend your neighbor's property?
Reasonable lengths like calling police or fire if there is need. And, naturally, being helpful and neighborly to folks in need.

But inserting myself into a situation in which bullets fly and/or could result in lengthy prison time? Not a chance.

Interesting, if a foreign invader comes into our town and neighborhood then we say we will fight to protect our neighbors and property. Yet if foreign subversion gets useful idiots to burn us down then our backs are turned on our community. Insanity.

None of the above. All four of those guys unnecessarily put themselves in the spot of risking their lives and freedom for someone elses property. Nobody elses bubblegum means enough to me to risk the same. Except for the sake of protecting the lives of my wife and kids, I'm not going to risk it all by bringing a firearm into ANY situation. Let the property owners be responsible for their stuff, just like I am solely responsible for what's mine.
I respect your opinion, but out here in the rural county, we think different
we have to rely on each other for fire protection, medical support and property protection - there is no formal social structure
most wives, inclining mine, are LVNs
a neighbor down the road even has his own water pumper truck for his logging operation - he can get here quicker than volunteer fire fighters
personally, I have no issue putting my life on the line to protect my neighbors, they would do the same for me
when I had a 70' Alder tree splinter and fall on me while cutting firewood, it was my neighbors who came down to cut me out - no one bothered calling 911
my son has treated a gunshot wound - medics were 30 min out

Which one of these heroes are you? What lengths will you go to to defend your neighbor's property? Who will you encourage to come along for your adventures? Asking for me and for friends in Laurelhurst.
Against fire? Someone trying to kill you with a skateboard while you're attempting putting out a fire?

with all due respect, I've been on the receiving end of gun fire - have a gunshot wound myself
if your going to catch the Golden BB, then it will be so
but if my neighbor calls for assistance, I'm out the door
most shooters can't hit didly squat, especially in low light
I practice at night and am confident of my abilities to support my family and neighbors
liability? The Clark Co Sheriffs have told us situations happen out here in the remote areas and they understand
no property owner has been even charged for defending his or his neighbor property in the 24 years I've been out here

P1030920.JPG

I'm not gunna fight to defend someone's property who isn't willing to stand next to me and join in the fight. If it's not worth fighting for in your eyes (the property owner) then it's not worth my time or my life. Now if you wanna join in and share the risk then I'm game.

1D21D2BB-3A6E-41CE-A5F6-B3E66B95AC38.png

Last Edited:
with all due respect, I've been on the receiving end of gun fire - have a gunshot wound myself
if your going to catch the Golden BB, then it will be so
but if my neighbor calls for assistance, I'm out the door
most shooters can't hit didly squat, especially in low light
I practice at night and am confident of my abilities to support my family and neighbors
liability? The Clark Co Sheriffs have told us situations happen out here in the remote areas and they understand
no property owner has been even charged for defending his or his neighbor property in the 24 years I've been out here

View attachment 1076808
Your one piece scope mount is on backwards it appears.

I think it may be a 2 piece…. But it does appear to be backwards from what I can see.
that's an old NIKON 2 piece cantilever scope mount for their compact AR scope (about 15 years old)
you mount it so the scope fits the rails and your eye relief - if I reverse it, the scope will be to far forward for my shooting position
I've used it on many scopes mounted ether way or mounted with one forward and one backwards - a very flexible mounting system
there is no "backwards" way to mount it

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads