JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
So now that the government mandate is causing police and firemen to quit effectively reducing protection is it still the right call to stand back and wait for the cops?

Hmmm. Seems like he should be cited for littering...

/sarc

Reasonable lengths like calling police or fire if there is need. And, naturally, being helpful and neighborly to folks in need.

But inserting myself into a situation in which bullets fly and/or could result in lengthy prison time? Not a chance.
Especially since you will share the penalty if someone in the group you are helping does something dumb. If five guys are gathered together to protect something and one shoots and kills someone against the best judgement or wishes of the other four, all five will go to jail for murder. I don't want to put myself in a situation where I have to suffer the penalty for some one else's bad decision.

If there's a scream that's different. Even then though my "territory" only extends to the houses immediately adjacent to my own. Too complex otherwise. In MA I was in bed in a rooming house and heard a woman scream, suddenly cut off. It came from the parking lot behind the rooming house. Next thing I remember is being on the stairs on the way down, gun in pocket, realizing I might be about to get myself killed, and a sense of surprise that it didn't matter, that I had no choice. Chased off a would-be rapist that night.

The other scream was in Corvallis. Again a woman's scream. I thought it was coming from the weed over-grown vacant lot behind the 4-plex where I lived. I grabbed a flashlight and tucked a 6" Security 6 in my belt. A couple minutes later I had checked out vacant lot. Nothing there. Next thing in the right direction was an apartment building with about eight or ten apartments, about half a block away. No way. Way beyond my range or abilities. I was ready to check out the vacant lot right behind my house. That was all. This was before the era of cell phones. I figured someone else would call cops and had responded immediately instead of calling 911. Sure enough, a block away a police car turned the corner and drove slowly toward me, clearly searching. I stepped into the middle of the road and signaled, crossing both arms over my head. Cop car sped to my side. "I heard a scream from back here." "That's why I'm here. Where'd it come from?" "I was in that house. I thought the scream came from that vacant lot but there's nothing there. Now I'm thinking it came from that apartment building." "Thanks." And he zipped off. If he noticed the open-carried revolver he didn't mention it. I went home, hugely relieved that the problem was now in the right hands. That's a dangerous situation, even for a cop.

I honestly don't give a flying F about any of my neighbors anymore, I'll run off tweekers and scumbags.

Only for the fact that if I let them pull they're ish near my house the next time it could be my house.

My neighbors are all cowards and trash, they all defend meth heads and POS' that I run off, they can all f-cking burn.

I tried my bes
I honestly don't give a flying F about any of my neighbors anymore, I'll run off tweekers and scumbags.

Only for the fact that if I let them pull they're ish near my house the next time it could be my house.

My neighbors are all cowards and trash, they all defend meth heads and POS' that I run off, they can all f-cking burn.
I tried my best to save my neighbors, I voted Trump!

Especially since you will share the penalty if someone in the group you are helping does something dumb. If five guys are gathered together to protect something and one shoots and kills someone against the best judgement or wishes of the other four, all five will go to jail for murder. I don't want to put myself in a situation where I have to suffer the penalty for some one else's bad decision.
This.

Playing army with your friends is a good segue to reenacting "Ernest goes to jail ".

Eee-yup, that right there! Just ask William "Roddie" Bryan, among many others...

What if someone was about to toss a molotov cocktail at your neighbor's house? Would you intervene then?
Legally speaking you are allowed to use deadly force if you suspect the building being set on fire has living occupants inside. Although I think the liberal Oregon courts would see it differently.

Legally speaking you are allowed to use deadly force if you suspect the building being set on fire has living occupants inside. Although I think the liberal Oregon courts would see it differently.
Yes and yes. Sadly on the second yes...

While the rule of law ignores mass criminal behavior and selectively targets those who try to put a stop to it - everyone has to decide for themselves what makes sense for them and their family.

What is right and what is law don't always coincide.

Turn your back on your community and let commie rats burn it down then you no longer have a community. If a group has a cause against injustice then you take it to the doors of government. If a group is burning your community then their lawless behavior is meant to hurt you. Stand back and watch then it won't be long until you pay to move away.

I know a guy that tried to defend his home with an SKS.
Shots were exchanged. No one hit.
This guy got 11 years in the Big House.
In at 22 and out at 33.

Be d**n sure that you have no other choice.

I know a guy that tried to defend his home with an SKS.
Shots were exchanged. No one hit.
This guy got 11 years in the Big House.
In at 22 and out at 33.

Be d**n sure that you have no other choice.
You say shots were exchanged
Who shot first and what happened to the other shooter?

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top