JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I recently adopted a new child, his name is Marlin (clever ehh?). Well he was an an abused baby. Missing his nice padded case, the loss of his rear sight made it difficult for him to shoot straight. And my oh my, he is the dirtiest little bugger I've ever seen.

Well this will be my journey of setting this poor boy straight. And get him living the way he should....

First step: New rear sight (Ebay is my friend) - hoping to win a auction on a marbles no.63 adjustable rear sight. Not original but looks to be nicer than factory. Hopefully it will work with my current front sight. http://www.brownells.com/userdocs/skus/p_579063001_1.jpg

IMG_06671.jpg

Being a True Marlin Fan I always enjoy hearing about a poor neglected Marlin being adopted. Did you try Marlin for a front sight? They have a lot of parts there for their guns.
I have padded case for a Papoose around here somewhere.,,,,,Good luck on the sight.

Thanks, this should be a fun little project. I function tested it yesterday. No prior cleaning and it was 100% reliable with bulk hollow points.
One of my next projects will be to give it a real good clean, I was looking on ebay and the closest thing to an original style case (besides an actual original for $40) was some paintball gun cases for around $15.

I did that a couple years ago. Found a really beat up one at a local shop. Gave about $100 for it which came with 4 mags.

I stripped the whole thing down and Duracoated it. Had the barrel threaded. Put a inexpensive dot sight on it. I have 2 different stocks for it now too since the Ramline folders were on sale dirt cheep a while back.

DSC06723.jpg

DSC_0043.jpg

I bought this Papoose case a couple of years ago (just found it in the garage) at an Estate Sale thinking I might find a gun for it someday. It is in pretty nice condition, slight tear on the inside lining. Outside looks good and the velcro straps inside are intact...............zipper is good. Red with Papoose Logo of course.
If you are interested maybe we can strike a deal on it....trade, cash or whatever. Doubt I will ever have a use for it.
I'm in Dallas, Ken

I did that a couple years ago. Found a really beat up one at a local shop. Gave about $100 for it which came with 4 mags.

I stripped the whole thing down and Duracoated it. Had the barrel threaded. Put a inexpensive dot sight on it. I have 2 different stocks for it now too since the Ramline folders were on sale dirt cheep a while back.

DSC06723.jpg

DSC_0043.jpg

Are those ramlines any lighter than the original stock?

I bought this Papoose case a couple of years ago (just found it in the garage) at an Estate Sale thinking I might find a gun for it someday. It is in pretty nice condition, slight tear on the inside lining. Outside looks good and the velcro straps inside are intact...............zipper is good. Red with Papoose Logo of course.
If you are interested maybe we can strike a deal on it....trade, cash or whatever. Doubt I will ever have a use for it.
I'm in Dallas, Ken
What's your value on it?

I have a serious soft spot in my heart for those papooses (Papoosies?) it was the first gun I ever shot and did a lot of fox hunting with one up n AK. We all wished that we had a ruger 77/22 like my uncle, but me and my 3 brothers had to take turns with the old marlin.

I have a serious soft spot in my heart for those papooses (Papoosies?) it was the first gun I ever shot and did a lot of fox hunting with one up n AK. We all wished that we had a ruger 77/22 like my uncle, but me and my 3 brothers had to take turns with the old marlin.

Papoosies? :s0112: New technical term.
I've wanted a papoose since the first time I saw one, but they where always unavailable.

Well looks like I was outbid for the rear sight. I'll have to keep looking I guess. Anyone have any suggestions on what type of rear sight I should get. Marbles makes both a notch rear sight and a peep style that they call the bullseye.

Well looks like I was outbid for the rear sight. I'll have to keep looking I guess. Anyone have any suggestions on what type of rear sight I should get. Marbles makes both a notch rear sight and a peep style that they call the bullseye.

Check out <broken link removed> , I'm not sure about it being receiver mounted but maybe you could find a way to mount it on the barrel for better repeatability.

Also you could check out Numrich. They say they are out of stock for the sight assemblies but they show the individual parts in stock. 70PSS Accessories | Numrich Gun Parts Check out the other Papoose models in their listings too, you might be able to get a sight for an older Papoose and put it on.

I've hear great things about the tech sights, but I've heard they have problems returning to zero with the papoose. And they cost a lot for a gun that will end up being tossed in a backpack.

If, I don't have any more luck on ebay finding a rear sight. (watching one right now, doesn't end for a few days) I'll probably just order from Numrich. Just hoping I could save some $$ here and there.

Hey that combo really looks good, great that we could get them together. Heck, maybe they were a pair long ago and just got seperated.

Enjoy...........Ken

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads