JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Good for you! Keep your 03-a3 original as much as possible. Cool piece of history. I have a REM a3 born 7-44, it still seems to have all the "R" stamps in the right places still…great rifle!

If you come up short for restoration gunsmiths way up north where you are, we have a really good restoration shop here called Copeland Gunworks.

They advertise on NWFA here, and he has a website with full restoration examples too. Copeland has great reviews, and is highly recommended, assuming you're willing to ship…good luck :)

I found a type 10 straight stock for it. The stock is in really good condition. I called Copeland Gunworks at the end of the day yesterday and left a voicemail for him. Hoping he will be able to put it together for me. Thanks for the information.

I want to update this thread to let everyone know the rescue is finished. Tim Copeland did an excellent job rebarreling the rifle and fitting the new stock components. My first range trip with the Remington 03A3 last night. Very happy with the way it turned out.

Pictured top to bottom:
CMP Garrand
Smith Corona 03A3
Remington 03A3

0D38346B-3A21-4F5A-AC54-C9F91B13E000.jpeg 71353B6E-6E82-4790-A2F6-E63A5E589365.jpeg

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top