JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
This video got recommended to me on YT and I must say, WOW!! I frigging lo-ike it!!

Would be cool to try this with the 9mm case out of a 10mm A. Fortunately, I love the 44 mag and have some left over 40 SW brass.

What do you all think?

I think it's a cool project "IF" the cartridge case just happens to be nearly the same diameter as the proposed bullet to replace.

Considering 9mm brass is slightly tapered and at it's widest point, several thou skinny from the .401 needed, I don't think it'd work out well. But nobody learned anything by not trying I suppose

Very neat, though not very new. The swager guys turn out lots of cool stuff from used brass. They've been making .224" bullets out of fired rimfire brass for many decades. I think that's how RCBS got their start.

I've thought about it from time to time, but the dies for swaging don't come cheap, and I don't really need another hobby. (By the way, it's "swaging", not "swagging"- sorry, just a little pet peeve of mine)

The donor case doesn't need to be the exact same diameter as the bullet you want to make. The specialty swaging dies can decrease or increase the diameter as needed.

Here's a .44 bullet someone gave me, made from a .40S&W case. My own 429421 cast/powder coated bullets work well for anything I need to do. :)

IMG_0821[1].jpg

I think it's a cool project "IF" the cartridge case just happens to be nearly the same diameter as the proposed bullet to replace.

Considering 9mm brass is slightly tapered and at it's widest point, several thou skinny from the .401 needed, I don't think it'd work out well. But nobody learned anything by not trying I suppose
Just seating fat bullets in a 9mm case straightens it right out.

Very neat, though not very new.

Yes, versions of this have been going on for some time. I don't know if anyone other than Corbin (down Oregon way) is still making the tools for it. The original CH company was big on it in olden times. It takes a serious commitment of money to get into it with Corbin tools. You'll wonder if you're saving any money on bullets. Sometimes this stuff shows up used in dribs and drabs. The problem is assembling enough compatible (often obsolete) tools to do the job.

Wobbly bullet? You can get bullet design software from Corbin, too, probably gets rid of that problem.

I'm thinking a quick and dirty way of sizing might be using Lee push-through dies. Get the closest size brass case to the size bullet you are trying to make.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top