JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Reading this could save you hundreds or thousands on your next gun/shooting/outdoor related purchases. It's worth 3 minutes trust me.

I worked in the banking industry for 4 years and here is what I can tell you as someone who tries to save the most where I can while still buying guns/outdoor related equipment and reloading supplies. I no longer work in banking, I decided I wanted to make a lot less money but serve a better purpose and become an elementary school teacher. I don't have skin in this game, just want to help my fellow shooters save more so they can get more of what they want.
Unless you get a cash discount that is greater than 5%, you should all be using a very specific credit card.
The card is the US Bank Cash Plus Signature Visa: (you need to have good credit to be able to get this card)

Benefits:
5% back at 2 categories you choose per quarter (you can choose the same categories every quarter) the category that means the most to all you is "sporting goods stores" this category covers opticsplanet, midwayusa, primaryarms, powdervalleyinc, sportsmans warehouse, cabelas, REI, ect. What category a store is are determined by how Visa categorizes the store, each store receives a merchant code from Visa. So what that means is I cannot guarantee that every single place that sells guns/ammo/outdoor related equipment does in fact get 5% cashback, but it is very easy to find out if they do or not. Your reward history is tracked in detail at usbank online banking and you can buy something cheap and wait a statement cycle to figure out if you got 5% cash back.
Other 5% categories also include: cell phone carriers, gym memberships, department stores, clothing stores, electronic stores, furniture stores and many more.
In addition to the 2 5% choices, 1 2% category that you can choose gas stations, grocery stores or restaurants.
Every other purchase gets 1% back.
No Annual Fee

Cash redeemable in any amount easily into a US Bank account through online banking or by phone (or send it to another account if you don't want to bank with them, but you get a free checking account with no minimum balance just by having a credit card with them anyway)
So what does this mean? It means that the $1000 gun you just bought is actually $950 dollars. It means the Scope you just spent $700 on is actually $665. It means the powder, primers and bullets you just spent $400 on was actually only $380. You can do the math, but take 5% off of the lowest price you paid.
I have used this card for almost all my purchases for the past 4 years and my cash back rewards have totaled $1534.48 That means (unless it was cheaper to go cash/debit, that all my gas, food, clothes, car insurance, shooting related, cell phone, gym membership and other miscellaneous purchases went on this card.
I actually have 2 of these cards so I get 4 categories in 5%. My cell phone, gym membership, sporting goods stores, and whatever else I choose are all 5% off effectively.
You can do your own research in the field I am an expert in, but you won't find a better card. I hope many of you can use this information to your benefit. A lot of you probably spend a lot more money than me so your returns would be higher if you are on top of the 5% category uses.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top