JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
++++++++++Final Update+++++++++ I'm sorry, but the Savage 24 is sold. I appreciate all the interest and I apologize if I didn't get back with everyone who inquired.

*************UPDATE*************** I'm Sorry but the this is most likely sold. I have an appointment at 2:00 today. I'm mentioning this because I've had a ton of responses and I appreciate every one of them and I hate getting peoples hopes up if it's no longer available

Looking for a fun Winter project? Well here's one. This is a vintage Savage model 24. It's the classic design that put food on the table back during the depression era when every shot counted (it still does right). This one doesn't look so good. Mainly the wood furniture is in bad shape, in particular the stock, the forearm isn't that bad actually and a little refinish work and it could be nice. Oh but the stock. It has a big chunk missing and cracks on the other side and is missing the buttplate.

That's the bad news. The good news is that the stock is still sound and the gun works great mechanically. The barrel selector works. The spent round extractors work, the hammer, trigger etc... The blueing has some rust and so does the receiver, but it was case colored so they tend to rust easily. So this is a shooter. Yes, it's all there, front bead, rear sight and you could throw on a rubber buttstock boot and take it out and have fun. The barrels are dirty, but not rusty so it should still be accurate and certainly is safe. With some effort it would make a presentable piece, although let's be honest these never were intended to impress anyone other than the person who wasn't going hungry because game was on the table that night.

I always loved these when I was a kid and I picked up this little fella approaching 12 years ago and I always thought I'd get around to working on the stock etc... But I'm now clearly in violation of my decade rule (I give myself quite a bit of leeway mind you). So since I've had it over a decade and haven't done anything with it, I figure it's time to see if the next guy can get around to it a bit sooner ;>)

Last Edited:
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.