JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
Ad Type
  1. For Sale
Price
$375
Manufacturer
Savage
Caliber
410 Gauge
City
Tigard
State
Oregon
For sale: Savage Model 24-E, .22LR/.410 Combination Rifle, Hammer Selector, Full Choke.
$500 $450 $375, Buyer pays transfer fees.

*(4) boxes of ammo included:
IMG_20190905_064058.jpg

This is one I really hate to get rid of, but considering it hasn't left the safe in a decade I reckon it's time. :(

I believe this is a pre-'68 vintage, as there's no serial number to be found.

IMG_20190126_102428.jpg
IMG_20190128_094256.jpg IMG_20190128_094019.jpg

Preferred FFL is Tigard Pawn, but willing to travel within within a reasonable distance.

Thanks for looking!
:s0090:

*Edit*

Stock has small cracks on both sides that I hadn't previously noticed. Lowered price accordingly.

IMG_20190130_121219.jpg IMG_20190130_121251.jpg

1. I agree to the classified rules and terms of service
Last Edited:
These are great grouse guns as noted above.
As for the cracks a easy fix is a little two part epoxy , light sanding / steel wool to get rid of the overflow that may happen...then re-oil.

Good luck with your sale...!
Andy

Couldn't you shoot 41 long Colt cartridges in that as well? It'd be smoothbore, but in theory should work.
I've seen videos of people shooting .45 Colt and .44 Mag through a .410, but definitely not wise due to the smaller bore diameter. Soft lead bullets might work, but I'd never risk it.

The .41 Colt or .41 Mag might be a good fit, but I personally wouldn't be willing to risk it due to the higher pressure. The chamber is rated for 3" shells though, so it might be up to the task. :s0092:

There are chamber adapters that will let you shoot .22LR, 9mm, and .38 Special out of a .410 though.

Scavenger Kit - 410 Shotgun Adapters

Another interesting fact I just learned is that it's also possible to fire a .410 shell out of a .45-70!

Good things to know for the impending Zombie Apocalypse... ;)

That's a real nice long gun. I found one in 20 ga / .357 mag of all chamberings a few years back. The .357 is accurate as all get out. GLWS!
Lucky! :p

I've been looking for a .357 version for a long time, and they seem to be as rare as hen's teeth. The other one I've lusted after is the .30-30/12ga model, which also seems to be made of unobtanium.

I know that Savage now has the Model 42, which is also available in a takedown model, but there's something about woods stocks on these rifles that just feels right. :D

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.