JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I would like to test drive this gun before possibly purchasing. I can pay for ammunition, targets and drive. Is there anybody in the Bend/LaPine/Prineville/Redmond/Sisters area that would be willing?

Or, if anybody could give their first hand experiences with this rifle, I would appreciate that as well!

In Portland. Have a couple savages but not that one. Happy to share if you like.

I do have a 12 benchrest which has a totally different stock but it has the same target accutrigger. Same action except a single shot version. Also have an 11 in 260 so about the same caliber but different platform.

I think they're the best thing since bubblegum. Used to be Remington guy but no more forever.

I have a 12 LRP 6.5 creedmore. Its a really nice gun. I first had issues of it not extracting/ejecting the spent brass. I ordered the improved extractor kit from sharpshootersupply and I haven't had a problem since. I also got their single shot loading ramp. And had the barrel threaded for my suppressor. Its mostly a benchrest gun because its heavy, having that bull barrel.

I have a 12 LRP 6.5 creedmore. Its a really nice gun. I first had issues of it not extracting/ejecting the spent brass. I ordered the improved extractor kit from sharpshootersupply and I haven't had a problem since. I also got their single shot loading ramp. And had the barrel threaded for my suppressor. Its mostly a benchrest gun because its heavy, having that bull barrel.

Iceman, how long ago did you purchase your LRP? I've been reading about people having problems with their LRPs, but those reviews were from years ago.

Beginning of august of last year. That improved extractor kit was cheap and it solved all my problems. Savage did send me some parts that they thought would solve the problem but it didn't.

+1 to Sharp Shooter Supply extractor and ejector kits.
I did the same with my Savage LA conversion and Model 10. The ejector pin gets gunked up with carbon and stays stuck after less than 100 rounds. Yesterday I shot 20 rounds out of my 338 Edge, and this load normally has a sticky bolt lift. Nope. Not a single sticky lift, and now my rifle throws my brass with umph! I wasn't sure what caused the problem, considering the barrel/chamber on that gun is by McGowen. Turns out the extractor pawl is wimpy on a Savage bolt.
Note on the single shot loading ramp - it doesn't work in the MDT chassis, at least not without some additional carving of the aluminum piece.

IMG_0502.JPG Savages with the right ammo should get you this

I love my LRP. I'm hitting the 12" gongs most days at 550. That's not a great MOA but it sure is cool to hear the high pitched "tink" a couple seconds after letting it go. The 3' gong has a little deeper tone to it. ;)

I have some work to do learning my scope as I'm it's my first FFP but I'm having fun with it when I can take it out. Still haven't found a great load for it either but I will in time.
A690B27C-8E6E-4064-A1DE-A1CD6CF8EAA7.jpeg

I love my LRP. I'm hitting the 12" gongs most days at 550. That's not a great MOA but it sure is cool to hear the high pitched "tink" a couple seconds after letting it go. The 3' gong has a little deeper tone to it. ;)

I have some work to do learning my scope as I'm it's my first FFP but I'm having fun with it when I can take it out. Still haven't found a great load for it either but I will in time.
View attachment 411255
Did you go with the athlon ares?

This is the Helos. I don't have the extra cash for the chronos. I think @IronMonster has the chronos on his Barrett 50. Not sure how it's worked out so far for him. I like it. I also have the Argos 6-24 on my 6.5 AR-10 and is good as well for $350

Nice. I have a Argos BTR 8-34 on my 12LRP 6.5 CM. Its a nice scope. I just picked up the Midas BTR 4.5-27 on cyber Monday. Now I need to find a rifle to put it on. I'm leaning towards a M1a loaded for x-mas......

This is the Helos. I don't have the extra cash for the chronos. I think @IronMonster has the chronos on his Barrett 50. Not sure how it's worked out so far for him. I like it. I also have the Argos 6-24 on my 6.5 AR-10 and is good as well for $350
I did buy a Chronos, my first impression is it will be great but I have yet to even mount it.

Well, I purchased the rifle, put my scope on, and went to the range to sight it in yesterday. Every 5 shot string was sub 1moa at 100 yards with my best string able to hide behind a dime.

I was shooting factory Hornady Hunter Precision 143gr ELDX cartridges.

Can't wait to stretch it's legs!

Very happy with this setup. Thanks to all who contributed in this thread.