Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Savage Mod 99C 308 $495(reduced f/$595)

Discussion in 'Rifle Classifieds' started by JKunzman, Jan 7, 2010.

1. JKunzman

JKunzman Sweet Home, Oregon New Member

Decent Savage 99C in 308cal. I would say this rifle is 90 to 95%.:):)
    Still wanting to sell/trade to get me into a Remington 700 VSSF II in 22-250.
    I check around and found out I am a little high on the asking price. Maybe that is why I have no body shaking my door down.

A fair price seems to be about $495.

I need to get some optics for my new rifle and want this rifle to find a new home. Help me out Guys

SavegeMod99C308WinSer1147040.jpg

Last edited: Jan 8, 2010
  2. 2gr8dgs

2gr8dgs oregon Active Member

is it factory tapped for a scope mount? thankyou.

3. Grizzly_A

Grizzly_A Portland Metro Area Member

This appears to have a cut receiver and patched floorplate. Is that correct?

4. JKunzman

I don't know what a cut reciever and a patched floor plate is. Sorry. I do know it has a removable magazine and is factory drilled for a scope.
    I am taking it to a gun shop this am to be put in a gun show this weeked in Albany. I will ask someone who knows and get and answer for you.
    Sorry I don't have a lot of knowledge about various guns. this rifle was a stored rifle that came from a brother-in-law who passed away 30 years ago. I have owned it since then and don't recall ever shooting it. it lived in the gun safe.
    John

5. Grizzly_A

Grizzly_A Portland Metro Area Member

Dang, I was hoping it had the internal rotary magazine. On some rifles with worn receivers (from people holding the receiver in their hand and the salt/moisture eats at the metal) they patch it with some more metal.

6. JKunzman

Grizz: I have two gun dealers(repair shops) look at the rifle yesterday. Neither one said anything about a patch or metal being eaten away. They both said the rifle was is nice shape. No red flags. Be glad to let you inspect if you are close by my area.
    John

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.