JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Here's the first five Wolf Match Extra through the barrel of my TRR-SR yesterday at 50 yards on a 2 inch round target:

View attachment 186755

Under 1/2 an inch.

I've been getting similar results with CCI CB Shorts at 25 yards but they aren't that consistent at 50. My Mark II FV shoots the same with Wolf Match Extra.

My TRR-SR shoots 5 round groups under an inch at 100yds with CCI standard ammo.. screw that spendy crap.

100yd22.jpg

My TRR-SR shoots 5 round groups under an inch at 100yds with CCI standard ammo.. screw that spendy crap.

100yd22.jpg

That is still some scattered placement.You need another brand of ammo. One hole groups are what you want,not one inch all around the target.
Most better 22lrs should be able to group as PBinWA's photo shows.

It took me eight years to get my wife to pull the trigger on a rifle. But we were visiting Vegas last week and had the rifle line to ourselves at the CCSP probably due to the cold weather. She put 15 rounds into a bit under 2 inches with CCI std velocity. She asked if it was ok and I told her it was friggin awesome shooting for a beginner.

firsttarget2.jpg

My wife is extra sensitive to recoil and noise, but the combination of 22lr subsonic, a silencer and ear muffs made the difference.

savagemk2.jpg

Ranb

That is still some scattered placement.You need another brand of ammo. One hole groups are what you want,not one inch all around the target. Most better 22lrs should be able to group as PBinWA's photo shows.
Man, this is 100yd! Cut him some slack! 36 to 40gr boolits at transonic speeds! :) Yes, with match ammo he should get tighter groups, but, heck! I think this demonstrates the rifle's capabilities quite clearly. Got my attention.