Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Savage Mark II "Tacticool" Review

Discussion in 'Rifle Discussion' started by mr.revolverguy, May 13, 2011.

1. mr.revolverguy

mr.revolverguy Ohio Active Member

2. PBinWA

PBinWA Clark County Well-Known Member

Here's the first five Wolf Match Extra through the barrel of my TRR-SR yesterday at 50 yards on a 2 inch round target:

image1.jpg

Under 1/2 an inch.

I've been getting similar results with CCI CB Shorts at 25 yards but they aren't that consistent at 50. My Mark II FV shoots the same with Wolf Match Extra.

3. mr.revolverguy

mr.revolverguy Ohio Active Member

WOW awesome shooting. What sort of optics are you using.

4. HandSolo

HandSolo hillsboro New Member

My TRR-SR shoots 5 round groups under an inch at 100yds with CCI standard ammo.. screw that spendy crap.

100yd22.jpg

5. PBinWA

PBinWA Clark County Well-Known Member

Sorry I missed this. I have a Burris Fulfield II 6-20 x 50 on it. Overkill, but I had it laying around.

The TRR-SR is still shooting well. Works great suppressed too. ;)

6. mjbskwim

mjbskwim Salmon,Idaho Well-Known Member

That is still some scattered placement.You need another brand of ammo. One hole groups are what you want,not one inch all around the target.
    Most better 22lrs should be able to group as PBinWA's photo shows.

7. Ranb

Ranb Belfair, WA Active Member

It took me eight years to get my wife to pull the trigger on a rifle. But we were visiting Vegas last week and had the rifle line to ourselves at the CCSP probably due to the cold weather. She put 15 rounds into a bit under 2 inches with CCI std velocity. She asked if it was ok and I told her it was friggin awesome shooting for a beginner.

firsttarget2.jpg

My wife is extra sensitive to recoil and noise, but the combination of 22lr subsonic, a silencer and ear muffs made the difference.

savagemk2.jpg

Ranb

8. civilian75

civilian75 Hillsboro, OR Well-Known Member

Man, this is 100yd! Cut him some slack! 36 to 40gr boolits at transonic speeds! :) Yes, with match ammo he should get tighter groups, but, heck! I think this demonstrates the rifle's capabilities quite clearly. Got my attention.

9. Ranb

Ranb Belfair, WA Active Member

Give my wife 100 rounds and she will make a 2 inch one hole group at 100 yards with her plinking ammo. :)

Ranb