JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Absolfrickinloutly LOVE it! Mine is the FVT and I added the Boyds "Tactical" stock, and it shoots lights out all day long! Not very picky with the ammo, but it really loves the Eley and Fed Gold Medal Match!

From what I understand, your stock replacement adds much to the looks and performance of that system. Thanks for the info.
It certainly improved it across the board! I really wish they had offered it as a factory rifle instead of the El'Cheap-O plastic fantastic! Still, for a basic "Training Rifle" it's a good package over all, and being a Savage, there is plenty of aftermarket support for it!

Well, I now have one on the way. Savage Mark II BV in .22 LR. Also have a new Mueller 8-32 AO scope sitting here waiting to be mounted. Will run it through some velocity tests over my Oehler 35P chrono to see what velocities it produces from that 21-inch barrel and then, see what sort of groups it will produce, and with what ammunition.
I start out at 35 meters for testing ammunition to see how it performs, and then move out further if it proves to be worthwhile. Why 35 meters? Only because I set up my permanent target stand at that distance because by range finder was set for meters rather than yards. :(

My new rifle arrived June 4th and was logged in. Looks like I have one initial task involving the 5-round magazine. Feed-lip edges are quite sharp, so I want to get those sharp edges worked over and polished so they don't shave or impede lead bullets from being chambered smoothly.
Hopefully, later today, I'll get check the scope rings for roundness and lap if necessary, and then mount the scope & boresight.
It's just what I like to see in a .22 rimfire rifle, especially their trigger. I haven't as yet put a gauge on it, but it will get set to 2½ to 3 pounds.

Last Edited:
I did change the included bases out for a picatinny rail to achieve better ring spacing:
xPUo9nfl.jpg
The Leopold scope rings are nice and round as checked with my 1-inch ring lapping bar, so no serious lapping was needed:
AATYH0cl.jpg
When I bore sighted the scope using a Bushnell collimator and .22 spud, the scope was dead on in windage and just a tad under the elevation cross wire.

Sent two EEZOX wetted felt plugs down the barrel and then a dry plug, so I'm ready to get this rifle sighted in and test to see which .22 rimfire ammunition it likes best.

I went a little farther with my FVT its full on now. Lek4Iaj.jpg

Started with a FVT then added a slightly modified Boyds Tacticool stock. I run it both with the Mueller 4.5-14X and the Williams Target sights

9zWCLdI.jpg