JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I was dialing in my Savage with low rings and a Nikon p22 when i noticed a cheek weld is not possible. Anyone have this issue? How did you resolve it?
After searching possible options I remembered I had a CAA cheek riser that would attach to a rail.
It's not Friday but you how we do....dug around my parts bins and found a stock M4 forearm with a rail bolted on. After I removed it I realized the riser, CAA (mako) I think...anyway it has a rail groove but it also has some un needed plastic that would not allow it to slide on. So I found an old butter knife and a torch, done. I didn't even use a drill bit for the holes.
Torched a bolt and melted it on through the stock. Had to toss a few washers to bring the rail away from the stock and boom, I think I'm good.
God dam it feels good when a plan comes together. Another notch on my home gunsmith belt. Should have a few pictures in a sec. Sure I could have bought a new stock or something but I already have a Harris bipod, the P22 scope and a tacticool brake on her, about the price of the rifle already lol. I'll be dammed if I will build another 22 with accessories that total MORE than the rifle, like my Beretta ARX with tango down bipod,P22 scope, offset irons, and more I'm sure mehhh. Know what I'm saying? If you feel me knocking let me in. OK rant over.

2016-01-13%2004.53.10.jpg
2016-01-13%2004.53.53.jpg
2016-01-13%2004.54.27.jpg

2016-01-13%2004.53.10.jpg

2016-01-13%2004.53.53.jpg

2016-01-13%2004.54.27.jpg

Last Edited:
Nice setups, amazing little rifles. I sure love the look of those stocks.Have you noticed any particular ammo it likes vs others. I see almost no difference in cci mini mags vs fed bulk. And will try more nextime. Who does the indoor tricounty late? Let's shoot some Ram diks. Smaller than a match head lol 20160114_050113.jpg

20160114_050113.jpg

Last Edited:
It seems like plenty of people write about the poor stock configuration of that rifle. Lots go to the Boyds tacticool stock. I don't mind the factory stock on mine, but I do like the Ruger American .22LR a little more. I have both as suppressor hosts.

Wow, some nice work! Clever use of resources and a clean install, to boot.

I've got a Boyd's Rimfire Hunter in walnut being made up; when it arrives, I'll post back here- it appears to have a Monte Carlo cheekpiece which will help a bit.

Like Sparky, my OEM stock doesn't offer a really poor fit on me, either, maybe I have a horse-face--- but the prospect of a higher, straighter weld also sounds appealing so I've ordered the Boyd's.

My main objections to the OEM synthetic is that the balance is so light in the front; hopefully the Rimfire hunter will bring the center of gravity further forward and there's the issue of stock flex too. It's just a bit too spongy.

Here is NH Shooter's version with a Rimfire hunter in laminate:
rfh-17.jpg

rfh-17.jpg