JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have a late model 99F, factory drilled for scope and tang safety. Two part question.

First, the safety is very sporadic. When working the lever open and closed, with no ammo in it, 9/10 times the safety is able to be manipulated after closing the action. When actually shooting, 3/4 times the safety will NOT work when I have closed the action and loaded another round. Why would this be. I have tried just 'closing the action more violently' thinking it wasnt closing all the way or something. No luck.

Secondly, my rear sight appears to missing a sight step. It does not have an adjustment for elevation like my .30-30 does, and it shoots over a foot low. I found replacement sight steps on numrich, but how are these installed???

Thanks for your time gents,
-Marty

The sight step is slipped under the rear sight after manually lifting the rear sight up high enough to slide it under, usually from the center and then towards the rear.
I would consult a gunsmith about the safety issue. There must be a problem that only examining the related safety parts will reveal.

Correct. There is spring tension on the rear sight. It should be fairly stiff. If not, then take a brass drift and remove the sight from the dovetail and bend it down a little to try and restore some tension. Remember where the sight was located in the dovetail, because that is how you set your windage.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top