JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
Ad Type
  1. For Sale
  2. For Trade
Price
$975
Manufacturer
Savage
Caliber
6.5mm Creedmoor
City
Twisp
State
Washington
Zip Code
I've finally realized I'm NEVER going to be able to shoot at 1K yards, hell, I'm lucky to get beyond 200, so the Creedmoor needs to go to someone that can stretch its legs. Savage is in quotes because the only thing left that's still Savage is the bolt and receiver. So here's the rest of the package.

Action from a Cabela's 12 FV, originally in .223
Criterion 28" SS bull barrel, <500 rounds through it
NSS Precision Ground SS recoil lug
NSS Squared and Trued SS barrel nut
Rifle Basix SAV-2 trigger
Bell & Carlson Medalist Varmint Tactical stock, black
SSS single shot sled

A7061B41-D2A3-444F-A437-46F4372502DC.jpeg 0EA18BCF-9F5B-4ED5-9FEA-3BB6F2630F0D.jpeg 9205BDA4-578F-4680-9DC4-D5CBA8D6ABA4.jpeg

Rifle is set up as a single shot, but I do have the original parts to reinstall the blind mag (I think). Also have the original Accu-Trigger, although I lost one of the springs. I also removed the ejector from the bolt, I really don't like chasing brass when sitting at the shooting bench, that went with the original .223 bolt head.

This was put together as a dedicated bench gun, I added extra weight in the mag cutout, and with the scope, it tips the scale right at 15 pounds. All of which makes it a very soft shooter, I'm recoil sensitive but enjoy shooting it. As it's been a work in progress right from the start, and my range sessions can be few and far between, I've never found THE load, but it definitely likes the 147 gr. ELD-M, and is capable of sub-1/2 MOA accuracy with the right load. If you were to build this rifle from scratch, you'd be into it for over $1300 at current prices. My asking price is $975, shipped to FFL of your choice. NOTE: the scope in the pic is NOT included in the price, but is available, it's a Sightron S-TAC 4-20x50 with the MOA 2 reticle. Price for the scope is $325, but it won't be available until after the rifle sells, rifle buyer has first option.

Also have dies, brass, some bullets, and a couple other misc. tools available, look for my ad in Reloading Supplies.

I realize this is a pretty specialized rifle, built to suit me, so if it doesn't sell within the next couple of weeks, I'll be breaking it down and selling the parts. If there's something you're interested in, PM me and I'll contact you when/if I decide to part it out. Only trade interest would be a CZ 600 Alpha in .223. Thanks!

Dave

1. I agree to the classified rules and terms of service
Last Edited:
Nice set up.
Thanks. I think so, too, but shooting this thing at only 100 or 200 yards feels like driving tacks with a sledge hammer, it works, but it's serious overkill 🙄. For someone serious about long range shooting, it would be a great setup, so here's hoping. Later, and thanks again.

Dave

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.